Talk:Wand of Arcane Power (5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
I'm a bit confused about how this works.
- It says it is used "at the spell caster's whim". Doesn't it require an action?
- Does "freely cast" mean that the spell does not use up a spell slot?
- The classes mentioned all have a spellcasting focus (or spell component pouch), so they wouldn't have need for the charge-for-material component, but can you use a charge to fulfill a verbal or somatic component?
- Are the classes mentioned to do with attunement?
- There's no limit to the charges stored, so can I store up 60 or so charges over the course of a month, then cast a whole bunch of 9th level spells at once?
- I assume that the character has to know the spell being cast, but it doesn't say so. Marasmusine (talk) 16:36, 30 September 2015 (MDT)