Talk:Thri-Kreen (5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
...I think you gave them too much stuff. Is there a procedure here, for posting a, for lack of a better term, "counter-example"? --220.127.116.11 19:50, 19 March 2015 (MDT)
- You can "be bold" and just edit the page. Marasmusine (talk) 02:31, 20 March 2015 (MDT)
- True, but... I guess I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea of just removing someone else's work and putting my own in instead. Still, I'll give it a try... --18.104.22.168 13:35, 20 March 2015 (MDT)
- Maybe we should add proficiency in stealth? Thri-Kreen basically have chameleon camo but I feel like giving them an entire ability might be a little too much, but I'm on the fence about it so just food for thought I suppose
- In 3rd edition they had a bonus to hide in sandy or arid settings. So we could have something like "you have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide in sandy environments". Given the other traits, I think we can squeeze this in and it still be balanced. Marasmusine (talk) 15:27, 16 March 2019 (MDT)
I would like to change some of the current traits back to the ones I originally pitched... but I understand if that's not possible for whatever reason. I just really hate Weapon Training racial traits, ya know? And not sleeping has always been part of their schtick. --SpectralTime (talk) 15:59, 16 March 2019 (MDT)
I'm with him on racial weapon and armor traits, they never made sense to me, but anywho I added in advantage on stealth in Sandy areas but if we toss out weapon training maybe we can bump it to proficiency in stealth? Anything else might get out of hand, and the only other thing I can think of is changing the +1 in Wisdom to Strength instead, Thri-Kreen certainly aren't very intelligent or wise so I figure it would make more sense
- Regarding the weapons, perhaps they can be moved to a "Thri-Kreen Weapon Master" feat that gives proficiency and other bonus (like the UA weapon feats).
- Looking at the 3rd edition template, they also had a Leap and a 1-per-day poisonous bite. Marasmusine (talk) 12:16, 17 March 2019 (MDT)
Thri-Kreen Weapon Training
I believe it is necessary to make these changes to this feature. As it written now the proficiency in chatkcha is useless. Every class gains proficiency in darts regardless, this is merely a re-skinning for flavor and doesn't do anything. The proficiency in gythka is now a re-skinned glaive proficiency. When other races get weapon proficiency they are given two simple weapons and two martial weapons, so the current writing is a weak proficiency in a glaive. In MM (pg. 288), it lists the damage die as different than a glaive or dart. I would recommend using the pages for the kreen weapons. Ko, Lajav, Zerka, Chatkcha, and Gythka are race specific weapons so being proficient in them would make sense here, not everyone would know how to properly use them. Being proficient doesn't make them starting equipment, the player would need to take the starting gold option for their class, and these things aren't exactly cheap. Giving this race the ability to use their weapons is the right move. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Notlonelyloner (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.