Talk:Tauros (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Don't we already have minotaurs?
is there a difference?
We might need to change the name of the race. I'm fairly confident that "Tauren" is somehow legally associated with Blizzard and World of Warcraft (through copyright, trademark, tradedress, or any of the other 4 forms of intellectual property rights law). To forestall any conflict, we should change the name of the race. And thoughts? —EldritchNumen 14:35, 26 February 2007 (MST)
- Taurien? --Green Dragon 17:51, 26 February 2007 (MST)
- Good call. Either that or Tauros. Both sound pretty good... we should leave it up to the author (if he responds in a reasonable amount of time, like 5 days or a week...). —EldritchNumen 19:43, 26 February 2007 (MST)
- I MoI'ed him, he should respond soon. However, I like the sound of "Tauros", it sounds better than Taurien in my opinion. --Green Dragon 22:05, 26 February 2007 (MST)
- I changed everything on the page exept the title (cant figure out how). it didnt occur to me at the time that i should change the name (its a home race me and my freinds are currently using). Alabastor 07:20, 6 March 2007 (MST)
- I did it for you (you use the "move" tab at the top, to the right of the "edit" and "history" tabs). Thanks for being understanding; we know you weren't trying to step on Blizzard's toes, but it's best if we are wary of these sorts of things... thanks for helping us out and changing the name all over the page! —EldritchNumen 15:13, 6 March 2007 (MST)
- Can I make a reference to a god "the brown cow" as possibly being the same being as "the creator", lol, my deity is a kinda joke one, but heh, I want people to read my entry, I can be bothered reading up on this again, so I referenced it, but if you want to take it off, feel free —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Zombiecow (talk • contribs) 05:50, 13 December 2007 (MST). Please sign your posts.
"Tauros use Earthquake". Jigglypuff fainted. Sorry... Too tempting to pass up.
I have a few questions/comments:
- I'm not so sure the stats are balanced, but if they are not, they are really close. An ogre has 2 more strength, but 2 less Wis, Cha, and Int. A bonus to Wis makes this quite the powerful cleric in addition to the str and con. It does have 2 less natural armor as well though, and that is what really makes me wonder which one is better (probably the ogre actually).
- What is the DC for war stomp? I assume a Fort Save (Maybe DC 10 plus strength modifier?)
- "There are no tauros paladins." --> Races should not restrict classes. I'd make it say that tauros society has no paladins and thus tauros paladins are extremely rare. Something along those lines.
- Same for monks, sorcerers, and wizards. They should all be able to be used.
Cheers! --Aarnott 08:58, 26 April 2007 (MDT)
- well, i based the ability stats more along the lines of the centaur, but this was my first race and its bound to have flaws. thanks for pointing them out and ill change them when i have more time ==Alabastor 16:55, 26 April 2007 (MDT)
I made a Tauren race and require a legal disclamer and my own chat plz. ==D.M.DemonicPanda