Talk:Pantheon of Tirr (Tirr Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Featured Article Nomination
I nominate this to become a featured article since it is a mostly complete pantheon, has an interesting scope, and is composed of pages with unique and flavorful content. --Green Dragon (talk) 03:54, 29 April 2014 (MDT)
Comment — Are you the historic deities going to be added still too? And is this stage how you imagined this pantheon to be complete, or what were were your plans? --Green Dragon (talk) 03:54, 29 April 2014 (MDT)
- This page is actually due for a bit of a rehashing, at least in regards to some of the lore, as name-changes, expanded events were developed after this page was originally made. That said, to answer your questions, do you mean the deities of the gallery when you say "historic deities", or do you mean deities that exist only historically in Tirr? I hadn't intended to document the former, originally, but I imagine once I flesh out the history more, I could do so, possibly. If you meant the latter, I was planning to have only the most important and/or major deities referenced in a difference page, denoting the void they've left behind. Jwguy (talk) 07:29, 29 April 2014 (MDT)
- Hm. I might have something I can come up with, regarding the picture; I'll need to check a number of my sources to see if any of them are willing to take on the work. In regards to the latter half of your comment, in the presented timeline for the setting, they no longer exist in a meaningful way, though as potential plot devices would have it, that may not always be true. Still, while I don't plan to include them as formal members of the Pantheon, I will be creating pages for them, as well, largely as lore and/or deity pages. As you can see, I leave a lot of red links about: They are all intended to be created and fleshed out, when they are left behind. Jwguy (talk) 00:40, 5 May 2014 (MDT)
- As I mentioned above, I will be attending to them. I've mostly been devoting my attention to the Aesir, lately, but I'll take a detour and see if I can get this page up to shape. Jwguy (talk) 00:40, 5 May 2014 (MDT)
- How integrated is Tirr's history with its pantheon?
- I am still seeing that Varglokirr, the War of the Deific Sphere (Tirr Supplement), and Sympatheia need to be added. After these, then is this pantheon complete? Or, are these deities not related to this pantheon at all?
- Do you know, for example, when pages like Birth of the World (Tirr Supplement) will be complete too? --Green Dragon (talk) 12:02, 27 September 2014 (MDT)
- Tirr, the world, has a very integrated history with all deities. Regarding those three deities, they are not technically part of the Pantheon any longer, nor do they exist in the world; They are largely historical except in campaigns where they become relevant, again, such as the one I'm currently running.
- As for things like Birth of the World, that is a myth, but a highly well-diffused one, recited throughout many cultures in the World. It does not have any factual value. Jwguy (talk) 21:18, 4 October 2014 (MDT)
- I have succeeded the nomination. This is a really interesting pantheon, great work. --Green Dragon (talk) 11:54, 16 August 2015 (MDT)
Comment — Um, Hel is already in a pantheon. She is the goddess of death in Norse mythology, the sister to Thor and daughter of Odin. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Flamestarter (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.