Talk:Kappa (5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
Please feel free to re-nominate it once it meets the FA criteria and when all the major issues brought up in this nomination have been dealt with.
Featured Article Nomination
- The hp and skill bonuses seem to be to high. How did you get to them?
- I would recommend making Hold Breath combat based (per rounds, and shorter).
- Nimble Escape does not need to specify each of its turns, but rather what action is requires.
- Pool of Life needs to be explained through examples, and also explored through a combat mechanic which may take place over rounds after their water first starts to leak from their pool.
- Get rid of being hit by something for River Child.
- It seems like their attack is too good for CR 1.
- Include a section about how each Kappa of different alignments interact with adventurers.
- Change their description to match the different types of Kappas. Do they all track humans?
- If Kappas focus on trickery, should they not also get some magical traits? --Green Dragon (talk) 09:13, 4 May 2018 (MDT)
- I didn’t do the hit points: I just gave the number of hit die, and let the computer handle it. For the skill bonuses, I just did ability mod+ proficiency. As for the CR, I’m still not sure how the calculation works. I know it’s damage based, but not how specifically. As for the above mentioned traits, I actually wanted to open discussion with you about that. I’m not sure how I’d do that (like how many rounds should I make it, should I include a save, am I overthinking this, etc), so I wanted to ask your thoughts and maybe those of whoever wants to join in. I can handle the lore on my own, but it’s going to take time take time.--Dinomaster337 (talk) 8 May 2018 (MDT)
Comment With withdraw, you should mention if it is an action or a reaction or if it doesn't take an action but can only be done on its turn. With Pool of Life my thoughts are that since it would be fatal for them to be paralysed until someone helps them in combat, to say that they are experienced in holding the water so they have to make a dex save on a critical hit or when knocked prone with DC 10 + the attackers attack bonus. For Hold Breath I have some examples; crocodile and lizardfolk CR 1/2 15 mins, giant crocodile CR 5 30 mins. For CR the DMG has instructions on how to calculate it. - Babosa (talk) 23:13, 9 August 2018 (MDT)