Talk:Alfred (5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
- Well, it has a +3 bonus and is legendary, so should only have one other benefit (or a few minor benefits).
- Transforming bolts is a big advantage. You can have the bolts deal psychic damage, which is wierd, or pick a damage type that will get around a resistance, or exploit a vulnerability.
- Wording. "is 10+" should say "is 10 or greater". Rather than saying something awkward like "target and targets a second target", maybe just say "you roll the damage again. Another creature you can see within range takes this damage." Needless to say, an automatic hit is pretty powerful, especially since the required damage is almost guaranteed (With a Dex of 18, minimum damage is 1 + 4 + 3 = 8).
- Meteor shot. "Before doing your attack and damage rolls" should just be "When you attack with Alfred you can choose to make it a meteor shot."; "energy damage" should be "force damage"; "can only be down once per long rest" should be "You cannot use meteor shot again until you finish a long rest.". Magic items are not usually keyed on rests (because what happens if you give it to someone else), they use up charges that regenerate daily regardless of who has it.
- I don't understand "seeing down the sights of the barrel, and for 1 minute or until it hits, anything the tip of any arrows launched by the crossbow.".
- The personality should give information on what might cause a conflict.
- On the whole, this is a very powerful item, would probably better off as an artifact, or have the bonuses reduced. I recommend having Transforming Bolts, Meteor Shot and Guiding bolts use up charges. Marasmusine (talk) 08:12, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- I almost forgot. This absolutely should require attunement, it's not a secondary weapon. Marasmusine (talk) 15:53, 27 May 2017 (UTC)