Talk:3.5e Ability Swap Feats
From D&D Wiki
Just copying some notes I made on another page.
- This is what I've been calling an "ability swap feat". There's similar homebrew at 3.5e Ability Swap Feats.
- Let's look at how the official books have handled ability swaps.
- In Complete Warrior, there is a feat called "Combat Insight". Like Intelligent Blademaster, it lets you swap Strength for Intelligence modifier (except applied to damage rolls instead of attack rolls). Except, it is only applied to melee attacks, and it is an Epic feat.
- The same book also has "Zen Archery", which swaps Dexterity for Wisdom. It is only applied to ranged attack rolls. It has much easier prerequisites.
- My first observation is that Intelligent "costs" more than Wisdom because Wisdom-based classes are usually already competent warriors, whereas Intelligence-based classes are not expected to be front-line warriors.
- Secondly, these swap feats only apply to one type of attack
- Thirdly, they have BAB prerequisites. Marasmusine (talk) 08:52, 9 August 2017 (MDT)