Spellrave (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 The Spellrave
- 2 Magic Rager
- 3 Creating a Spellrave
- 4 Class Features
- 5 Spellrave Archetypes
- 6 Spellrave Spell List
- 7 Multiclassing
Creating a Spellrave
- Quick Build
As a spellrave you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Saving Throws: Dexterity, Charisma
Skills: Choose two from Acrobatics, Athletics, Arcana, Insight, Nature, Perception, and Survival
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) a longsword, (b) a rapier, or (c) any simple weapon
- (a) a component pouch or (b) an arcane focus
- (a) an explorer's pack or (b) a scholar's pack
- Leather armor and two daggers
|1st||+2||—||Unstable Magic, Arcane Overload||2||1st|
|4th||+2||+1||Ability Score Improvement||3||2nd|
|6th||+3||+1||Spellrave Archetype feature||4||3rd|
|8th||+3||+1||Ability Score Improvement||5||4th|
|10th||+4||+2||Spellrave Archetype feature||6||5th|
|11th||+4||+2||Unrefined Magic (6th level)||6||5th|
|12th||+4||+2||Ability Score Improvement||6||5th|
|13th||+5||+2||Unrefined Magic (7th level)||7||5th|
|14th||+5||+2||Spellrave Archetype feature||7||5th|
|15th||+5||+2||Unrefined Magic (8th level)||7||5th|
|16th||+5||+2||Ability Score Improvement||7||5th|
|17th||+6||+3||Unrefined Magic (9th level)||8||5th|
|19th||+6||+3||Ability Score Improvement||8||5th|
The overwhelming reserve or arcane magic supressed within you can be harnessed to fuel spells.
- Spell Slot. As a spellrave, you have only one spell slot. The Spellrave table shows what the level of that spell slot is. To cast one of your spellrave spells of 1st level or higher, you must expend your spell slot. You regain expended spell slot when you finish a short rest or long rest.
- Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the spellrave spells you know and replace it with another spell from the spellrave spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slot.
- Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher. At 1st level, you know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the spellrave spell list.
- The Spells Known column of the Spellrave table shows when you learn more spellrave spells of your choice of 1st level and higher. A spell you choose must be of a level no higher than hat's shown in the table's Slot Level column for your level.
- Spellcasting Ability. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your spellrave spells, so you use your Charisma whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Charisma modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a spellrave spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.
- Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
- Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
- Spellcasting Focus. You can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus for your spellrave spells.
You can tap into the vortex of unlimited magic within you to channel more power for your spells. As a bonus action, you can regain your expended spell slot.
Channelling the unstable vortex of magic is highly dangerous and exhausting. Immediately after you use this feature, you must make a DC 10 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, you are knocked unconscious until the start of your turn, and suffer one level of exhaustion.
Each time you use this feature after the first, the DC increases by 5. When you finish a long rest, the DC resets to 10.
Starting at 2nd level, you feel a surge of euphoria when your own magic scrambles within you. When you cast a spell using your spellrave spell slot, you can choose to enter the frenzy until the end of your next turn. If you were already in the frenzy when you cast a spell using your spellrave spell slot, its duration is extended until the end of your next turn.
While you are in the frenzy and not wearing medium or heavy armor, your speed is increased by 10 feet, and you gain a bonus to all attack rolls and damage rolls equal to your Charisma modifier (a minimum of +1).
The frenzy ends early when you are incapaciated or when you choose to end the frenzy on your turn (no action required).
When you reach 3rd level, you choose an archetype that you follow to channel your violent power of magic. Choose either Spell Jazz, or Spell Trance, both of which is detailed at the end of the class description. The archetype you choose grants you features at 3rd level, and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level.
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of you choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you cannot increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
At 11th level, you can tap into the unstable vortex within yourself to cast a powerful spell. Whenever you finish a long rest, you gain one 6th-level spell slot. You can expend this spell slot to cast a spellrave spell you know. The spell slot created this way vanishes when you finish a long rest.
The spell slot created this way becomes 7th level when you reach 13th level, 8th level at 15th level, and 9th level at 17th level.
When you reach 20th level, you can ensure full control over the unstable magic you control When you use your Arcane Overload feature, you can choose to automatically succeed on the Constitution saving throw, and reset the DC to 10.
Once you use this feature, you cannot use it again until you finish a long rest.
Spellrave Spell List
Prerequisites. To qualify for multiclassing into the spellrave class, you must meet these prerequisites: Charisma 13.
Proficiencies. When you multiclass into the spellrave class, you gain the following proficiencies: Light armor, simple weapons.