Sky Mage (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 The Sky mage
- 1.1 Creating a Sky mage
- 1.2 Class Features
- 1.2.1 Table: The Sky mage
- 1.2.2 Class Powers (CP)
- 1.2.3 Ability Score Increase
- 1.2.4 Spell Slots
- 1.2.5 Spell casting ability
- 1.2.6 Tier 1
- 1.2.7 Tier 2
- 1.2.8 Tier 3
- 1.2.9 Tier 4
- 1.2.10 Tier 5
- 1.2.11 Tier 6
- 1.2.12 Tier 7
- 1.2.13 Gears
- 1.3 Multiclassing
The Sky mage
The sky mage, known throughout the lands as fearsome fighters, these odd balls put even the most skilled arcane tricksters to shame, their hybrid of both ranged and melee combat superiority, as well and their often agile and dexterous fighting style allows them to easily over come many challenges. Using powerful lighting magic to fry their enemies, and unique wind magic to enhance their physical capabilities, a wind mages glass-cannon like fighting style will make a good addition to any team.
Creating a Sky mage
Sky mages are often small, fast, and deadly, but lack the build to survive any hard hits. Their magic stems from an organ found just below the heart. Sky mages, in a sense, are wired differently. This organ, often referred to as the storm kings Gem, has the ability to generate vast amounts of electricity. This generation is continuous, and by altering the magnetic currents around the host It can even allow the manipulation of wind. However these organs do not fit everyone. This gem is often acquired through birth, however transplants have been recorded in the past, even if the success rate is low. Only certain people are able to be a host to the storm kings gem, although what the requirements are to be a host are still unknown, and to make the risk even greater, Each gem appears to be unique in its requirements. Any who attempt a transplant without meeting these requirements often find themselves dead within the hour due to organ failure. These Organs are extremely valuable, especially since they can be transplanted, but because of this many hunter groups will kill anyone who is thought to contain the organ.
Some of the wealthier society may have these organs transplanted into their children in hopes it make them more skilled combatants, while others receive them as gifts for heroic deeds, or exceptional skill on the battle field. Was your character born with this organ? or was it transplanted in by a wealthy parent in order to make you more valuable, whatever the case, you now control the power of the sky...
- Quick Build
You can make a Sky mage quickly by following these suggestions. First, Dexterity should be your highest ability score, followed by Wisdom.
As a Sky mage you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Weapons: Simple melee weapons, Simple ranged weapons
Tools: Thieves tools or Alchemist's supplies
Saving Throws: Dexterity and Wisdom
Skills: Choose 2 from the following: Sleight of hand, Stealth, Perception, Survival or Arcana
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) A Shortsword or (b) 2 Daggers
- (a) A Shortbow with 20 arrows or (b) A Sling with 20 stones
- (a) Dungeoneer's Pack or (b) Explorer's Pack
- A Dagger, An arcane focus, 20 darts
|Features||—Spell Slots per Spell Level—|
|1st||+2||Tier 1, Class Powers, 2CP||2||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|3rd||+2||Tier 2, 2CP||4||2||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement||4||3||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|5th||+3||Tier 3, 2CP||4||3||2||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement, Tier 4,||4||3||3||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|10th||+4||Storm Gear, 2CP||4||3||3||3||2||—||—||—||—|
|11th||+4||Tier 5 2CP||4||3||3||3||2||1||—||—||—|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement||4||3||3||3||2||1||—||—||—|
|14th||+5||Tier 6, 2CP||4||3||3||3||2||1||1||—||—|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||4||3||3||3||2||1||1||1||—|
|17th||+6||Tier 7, 2CP||4||3||3||3||2||1||1||1||1|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement, Plasma Gear, 2CP||4||3||3||3||3||2||1||1||1|
|20th||+6||Elemental Mastery, 2CP||4||3||3||3||3||2||2||1||1|
Class Powers (CP)
At the given levels you will unlock 2 new Class Powers(CP). These powers all share a few basic requirements that must be met before they are learned and the CP themselves are divided into tiers. Each Power costs one point regardless of the Tier, however higher Tiers may only be accessed when their requirements are met which sometimes requires level (Tier 3 class powers cannot be taken until 5th level) and sometimes requires specific investment in that element (Tier 3 requires two Tier 2 abilities). The Mage must also meet any requirements that may be listed for each ability's use and purchase. When you gain a power of a higher tier, prior Class Power may increase in their use or effectiveness. Class Powers are magical abilities, and as such may be Counterspelled, or dispelled just like the spells they are often based off of. Use the Elemental Tier as the spell level for purposes of dispell or counterspell.
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
The Elemental Mage table shows how many spell slots they have to cast their spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, they must expend a slot of the spells level or higher. The mage will regain all expended spell slots when they finish a long rest.
Spell casting ability
Wisdom is their spellcasting ability as an Elemental Mage, since their magic draws on their attunement to the elements. You use their Wisdom whenever a spell or ability refers to their spellcasting ability. Their Wisdom modifier is also used to determine the saving throw DC for their spells and their spell attack modifier as follows:
- Spell save DC = 8 + proficiency bonus + Wisdom modifier
- Spell attack modifier = proficiency bonus + Wisdom modifier
|1st||Fog Cloud, Control the wind, Witch Bolt and Featherfall|
|4th||Conjure Minor Elemental|
|5th||Control Winds, Conjure Elemental|
|6th||Wind Walk , Drawmij's Instant Summons|
|9th||Storm of Vengeance|
When you choose a tier 1 air ability for the first time you learn one of the following Cantrips: Gust, Shocking Grasp, Mage Hand, or Lightning Lure. You also gain proficiency in the Acrobatics skill. If you already have such, you gain proficiency in another dexterity skill of your choice.
- Elemental Synergy (Lightning) This feature cannot be taken after reaching Tier 2.
You gain advantage on saves versus lightning damage.
- Tier 2 - gain advantage vs being Stunned
- Tier 3 - Resistance to Lightning damage.
- Tier 6 - Immunity to Lightning damage and being magically stunned.
- Elemental Synergy (Thunder) This feature cannot be taken after reaching Tier 2.
You gain advantage on saves versus Thunder damage.
- Tier 2 - gain advantage vs being Deafened
- Tier 3 - Resistance to Thunder damage.
- Tier 6 - Immunity to Thunder damage and being magically deafened.
- Hit Die Increase This feature may only be taken at first level.
When you choose this feature your hit dice become d8's.
- Unarmored Defense This feature may only be taken at first level.
While you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield your AC equals 10 + Dexterity modifier + Wisdom modifier.
- Wind Walker Passive
When you choose this feature your movement speed increases by 5 feet per Air Tier you have reached.
- Wind Missile
Casting Time: 1 action
Components: V,S,M (small stones that fit in your palm, which the spell consumes)
Duration: 48 hours
Upon learning wind missile, you gain the ability to enchant 1d8+1 small stones with a rune at the end of a long rest, allowing them to be fired like bullets.
To use each bullet; make a ranged spell attack against one target and consult the list below for range and damage, to which you add your wisdom modifier.
- At Air Tier 1 - 1d6 Piercing damage, 60ft Range. Maximum of 2 stones.
- At Air Tier 2 - 1d8 Piercing damage, 80ft Range.
- At Air Tier 3 - 1d10 Piercing damage. Maximum of 4 stones.
- At Air Tier 4 - 100ft Range.
- At Air Tier 5 - 2d6 Piercing damage.
- At Air Tier 6 - Maximum of 8 stones.
- Zealous Zephyr
As a bonus action you summon a gust of wind that buffets a target that is not adjacent to you, but is within 60 feet of you. Their next attack is at disadvantage.
Once you use this feature you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
- Air Tier 3 - Gain an additional use
- Air Tier 4 - Target must make a Dexterity Save or be moved 5ft in a direction of your choice.
- Air Tier 5 - You may use this ability as a reaction.
- Air Tier 6 - If the target fails they are moved 10ft in a direction of your choice.
You must have at least three Tier 1 Air abilities and be 3rd level before acquiring Tier 2. When you choose a Tier 2 ability you add two of the following spells to your Elemental Spell list: Gust of Wind, Warding Wind and Invisibility, and can use the weather-sense part of the druidcraft cantrip.
You may spend your bonus action to disengage or dash.
- Air Tier 3 - You may Dodge as a bonus action
- Air Tier 4 - Gain Evasion - when you Dexterity save for Area of Effect damage, if you save you take no damage, and only half damage when you fail
- Air Tier 5 - you may use your bonus action to stand (if you do, you lose no movement).
- Air Tier 6 - You gain advantage on Dexterity Checks and Saves
- Cordon Of Arrows
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 5 feet
Components: V,S,M (A number of nonmagical ammunition, which the spell consumes)
Duration: 8 hours
You pieces plant nonmagical ammunition – 1 per level of the Mage on the ground within a 10x10 area. For the next 8 hours (or once all the ammunition has been expended) whenever a creature other than you or any other specific creatures you designate comes within 20 feet of the ammunition for the first time on a turn or ends its turn there, one piece of ammunition flies up to strike it. The creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take damage appropriate to your Wind Missile spell.
- Air Tier 3 - You may recover 1/2 unspent ammo.
- Air Tier 4 - Activation range increases to 40ft.
- Air Tier 5 - Save is at disadvantage.
- Air Tier 6 - Cordon fires two pieces of Ammo per creature after the first activation round.
- Air Tier 7 - You may recover all unused ammo.
prerequisite: Wind Missile
As a special attack action on your turn cause a powerful gust of wind to pull a weapon or object (not more than 15lbs) from an enemies grasp. You choose an object or creature holding the objects within 100ft that you can see, the target must make a Acrobatics or Athletics check (decided by the target) against your spell DC. On a failure the object or weapon you chose is ripped from their grasp and sent 10 feet in a direction of your choosing. If the object would stop early and strike a creature, that creature must make a Dexterity saving throw against your spell DC or take 2d8 Damage (Type determined by object1) and the object lands in that square, on a successful save, the object continues through the square unhindered. Once you use this feature you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
- Air Tier 3 - You may affect two different objects (same 5ft area), and each objects travels up to 20ft
- Air Tier 4 - You may use this an additional time, and objects move up to 30ft
- Air Tier 5 - Objects move up to 40ft
- Air Tier 6 - You may affect an additional object within 10ft of the rest, up to 25 lbs.
you gain d4 on your Dexterity Saves and Dexterity based Checks.
- Air Tier 3 - d6
- Air Tier 4 - d8
- Air Tier 5 - d10
- Air Tier 6 - 2d6
- Hybrid Fighting Style
prerequisite: Zealous Zephyr
- Air Tier 3: Dueling You gain a +2 bonus to your attack roles you make with one handed weapons.
- Air Tier 4: Whipping Wind Requires Concentration As an action once per long rest you may summon a whipping wind that lasts 10 minutes around you, while its active - making ranged attacks targeting anything within 5 ft radius to you and being made by anyone withing 5ft (including you) are at a disadvantage. You gain advantage on saves vs gaseous attacks. You may dispel it as a free action.
- Air Tier 5: Dexterity You may now make 2 attacks as an action when you take the attack action on your turn.
- Air Tier 6: Precision Your weapon attacks now score a critical on a roll of 18, 19 or 20.
prerequisite: Wind Missile
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: Self (30-foot Cone)
Components: V,S,M (One Wind Missile Stone, which the spell consumes)
As an action you fire one of you Wind Missiles and fracture it, rocketing the magical debris in a 30-foot cone in front of you. Each creature within range must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw. Targets take 3d4 piercing damage on a failed save, or have as much on a successful one.
- Air Tier 3 - 4d6 Damage¹ 40ft Cone,
- Air Tier 4 - 4d8 Damage¹ 60ft Cone, and those creatures that fail saves lose their reaction until their next round.
- Air Tier 5 - Gains either Lightning or Thunder damage types, saves are at disadvantage.
- Air Tier 6 - 80ft Cone, Con Save; If Damage is Lighting - or be stunned until next round; Thunder - or be deafened until their next round.
- Personal Cordon
prerequisite: Wind Missile
As an action you may place twice your level (max 8) Wind Missiles into a slow orbit around your head. These may be used to take reaction attack of opportunity with a standard Wind Missile when a target moves through a space within within 15 feet. This remains in place for 2 hours. While the Personal Cordon is in effect Charisma (Persuasion, Deception) are at disadvantage. You do gain advantage on Intimidation checks. Once you use this feature you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
- Air Tier 3 - Lasts 3 hours;
- Air Tier 4 - Lasts a total of 4 Hours once activated, you may suspend ability as bonus action (unused ammo falls to the ground and 1 full round must be spent picking them up or are lost) and resume it later as an action.
- Air Tier 5 - You may resupply the Cordon as an action.
- Static Charge
You can use your bonus action to charge your, or an ally you can reach's, body with a static charge. When a statically charged creature contacts another the opposer must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell DC, or be stunned for one minute. The target may reroll this save at the end of each of their turns. On a save the condition ends. The charge lasts for 3 rounds, and this ability can be used a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses..
- Air Tier 3 - Charge lasts for 5 rounds.
- Air Tier 4 - Charge lasts for 1 minute.
- Air Tier 6 - Charge lasts for 10 minutes.
- Wind Trebuchet
Casting Time: 1 Action and 1 Bonus Action
Range: 75 Feet
Spending both an action and bonus action you use your wind missile to choose one object weighing up to 5 pounds within range that isn’t being worn or carried. The object flies in a straight line up to 80 feet in a direction you choose before falling to the ground, stopping early if it impacts against a solid surface. If the object would strike a creature, that creature must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, the object strikes the target and stops moving. In either case, both the object and the creature or solid surface take 4d8 bludgeoning damage.
- Air Tier 3 - Object can be up to 10Lbs and flies up to 100 feet
- Air Tier 4 - Object can be up to 15Lbs, does 3d10, and flies up to 140 feet
- Air Tier 5 - Object can be up to 20Lbs and flies up to 180 feet
- Air Tier 6 - Object can be up to 25Lbs, does 8d4, and flies up to 200 feet
- Wind Walker (2)
prerequisite: Wind Walker
You gain the ability to walk across slick/slippery/icy surfaces more easily gaining advantage on checks/save related to that and you also gain advantage on climb checks.
- Air Tier 4 - You climb at your move speed and may walk across slippery surfaces without needing a Dexterity or acrobatics check.
- Air Tier 5 - You may effectively levitate up when next to a vertical surface at your move speed (you no longer need to make checks).
Must have at least two Tier 2 ability and be of 5th level before acquiring Tier 3. When you first choose an ability in this tier you add two of the following spells to your Air Spell list: Gaseous Form, Thunderwhip, or Lightning Arrow.
- Keen edge
For your next 3 turns, you are able to use any attack, spell or feat as a bonus action. This ability cannot be used again until the next dawn.
- Cordon Enhancement
prerequisite: Cordon of Arrows
The Cordon alarm alerts you whenever a non designated small or larger creature touches or enters the area. When you set up the cordon, you can designate creatures that won’t set off the alarm. You also choose whether the alarm is mental or audible. Ammunition also deal an additional Air Tier of damage if appropriate.
- Elemental Blade
Casting Time: 1 Bonus Action
Range: Self (10-foot Cone)
Duration: 1 Round
As a bonus action, until the end of your next turn one handed attacks you make are empowered with;
- If Piercing/slashing - Target takes an additional 2d8 lightning damage if hits, half if misses - instead of the normal damage.
- If bludgeoning - Target takes an additional 2d6 Thunder damage and is moved 10ft back if it hits, half if it misses - instead of the normal damage.
Whether you hit or miss each creature within a 10ft cube from you centered on the target must make a Dexterity Saving throw. Each of these creatures take 2d6 lightning or thunder damage on a failed save, or half that on a successful save.
- Air Tier 6 - A failed save leaves those taking Thunder damage Deafened for 1 minute and knocked back 20ft prone; Lightning damage blinded and stunned until the end of their next turn.
- Air Tier 8 - Saves are at disadvantage
- Capacitance Discharge
prerequisite: Static Charge
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: Self (50-foot line)
Duration: Special, Concentration
After activating Static Charge on yourself you may spend your action to fill your body with electrical potential, this effect lasts for 1 round per Air Tier. Your Melee Weapon Attacks gain 1d4 Lightning Damage and you may also discharge the lightning doing one die of damage per round of capacitance left remaining to all creatures in a straight line up to 50 feet away. On a successful Dexterity saving throw the creature takes no damage. If concentration is lost, yourself and all creatures within 10 feet of you must make Dexterity Save or take remaining dice of lightning damage, save for half.
- Air Tier 4 - Damage d8
- Air Tier 5 - Damage d10
- Air Tier 6 - Damage 2d6
- Misty Form
Once per long rest as a bonus action you can make your body appears misty and blurred, shifting and wavering to all who can see you. For the next 5 rounds or if you lose concentration on this effect, any creature has disadvantage on attack rolls against you. An attacker is immune to this effect if it doesn't rely on sight, as with blindsight, or can see through illusions, as with truesight.
- Air Tier 5 - You may use this twice per long rest.
- Air Tier 6 - Lasts up to a minute
- Lightning Missile
prerequisite: Wind Missile
Casting Time: 1 Reaction
Range: 10 feet
Components: V,S,M (One Wind Missile, which the spell consumes)
When you hit with a Wind Missile you can cause the magic in it to violently discharge, causing an additional 3d8 Lightning damage to the target and all creature within 10 feet of the target must make a dexterity saving throw. On a failed save a target takes 2d8 Thunder damage, or half as much on a successful one.
- Air Tier 4 - On hit Target +1d8 Lightning on hit, AoE deals 3d8 thunder damage (save for half).
- Air Tier 6 - On hit Target takes 6d8, AoE deals 5d8 damage (save for half) and knocked prone on failed save.
- Wall of Wind
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 80 Feet
Components: V,S,M (A feather of any bird)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
You make a wall of wind up to 30 feet long, 15 feet high, and 1 foot thick appear within range. You can shape the wall in any way you choose so long as it makes one continuous path. When the wall forms, each creature within its area must make a Strength saving throw. A creature takes 2d8 bludgeoning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The strong wind keeps fog, smoke, and other gases at bay. Small or smaller flying creatures or objects can’t pass through the wall. Loose, lightweight materials brought into the wall fly upward. Arrows, bolts, and other ordinary projectiles launched at targets behind the wall are deflected upward and automatically miss. (Boulders hurled by giants or siege engines, and similar projectiles, are unaffected.) Creatures in gaseous form can’t pass through it.
- Air Tier 5 - The wall can extend up to 50 feet long
- Air Tier 7 - The wall does 3d8 bludgeoning and can be up to 60 feet long.
- Wind Missile Extra Attack
prerequisite: Wind Missile.
When you cast Wind Missile you may launch an additional missile, rolling a separate ranged spell attack for the extra missile.
- Air Tier 7 - You may launch 4 missiles at once.
- Wind Ward
prerequisite: Wind Missile.
Casting Time: 1 Reaction, which you take upon being hit by a ranged weapon attack.
Duration: Concentration, 1 Round
Seeing a projectile heading your way you call up the winds. Roll 1d6 + your Dexterity modifier + Your highest Air Tier to reduce the damage dealt. If you reduce the damage to 0, you may choose to return the attack with Wind Missile, spending a spell slot as normal. You also impose disadvantage against ranged attacks made at you for the duration of the spell.
- Air Tier 5 - Roll 2d4+Dex+The Highest Air Tier.
- Air Tier 6 - Roll 3d4+Dex+The Highest Air Tier. Affects all missiles on that action.
- Wind walker (3)
prerequisite: Wind Walker (2)
While you are unencumbered you effectively float just above the ground, leaving no tracks and making no sound. You may travel through Difficult terrain at normal speed if you make a Dexterity save. Tracking attempts against you are at disadvantage and you gain proficiency in stealth (if you had it before you gain expertise).
Add Wisdom bonus to your initiative, and always know magnetic north.
- Air Tier 4 - You develop "windsense" when not in combat. (Effectively blindsense (10ft) for creatures that breathe). Constructs and Undead are not detected.
- Air Tier 6 - Windsense exists in combat and increases to 20ft
Must have at least one Tier 3 Air ability and be of 8th level before acquiring a Tier 4. When you first choose an ability in this tier you add the following spells to your Air Spell List: Storm Sphere, and Greater Invisibility. And once per day you can increase the speed of all sailing vessels within 120ft of you by +50% for 8 hours, this requires concentration and for you to be outdoors.
- Palm of Storms
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 10 Feet
Make a melee spell attack against a creature within range, blasting them with swirling winds. On hit the target must make a dexterity saving throw, taking 4d6 bludgeoning damage and be knocked back 20ft if they fail or half as much damage and remaining where they are if they succeed. If the target is pushed back into an object or creature, both of them take additional fall damage appropriate to the distance traveled.
- Air Tier 6 - the winds become lightning, you no longer knock them back but do cause paralysis and the damage becomes lightning, target must roll a constitution saving throw, or be stunned for 3 turns
- Wall of Wind
prerequisite: Cordon Of Arrows
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 30ft (20-foot cube)
Duration: Concentration, Up to 1 minute.
You summon powerful winds at a target location within range. These winds cover a 20-foot cube and whip about at such high velocity they shred peoples skin and lash at them in the area dealing 2d4 Slashing damage to creatures that begin their turn within the area. Ranged attacks made against creatures inside or through the Maelstrom are done so at disadvantage. The storm ends early if you move beyond 20 of the brim of the storm or otherwise lose concentration.
- Air Tier 5 - zone is increased to 25ft by 25ft.
- Air Tier 7 - zone is increased to 30ft by 30ft.
- Permanent Voltage
prerequisite: Capacitance Discharge
Your body crackles with electrical energy, whenever you are touched without your permission (pocket picked, grappled, unarmed attack, etc) the attacker takes d4 lightning damage. Your Melee attacks gain the Thunder damage type. Your Ranged attacks gain the Lightning damage type.
- Air Tier 6 - Ranged and Melee attacks gain +1 to hit.
- Air Tier 8 - Your ranged and melee attacks gain d4 damage and on a successful strike, the target loses their reaction action.
- Howling Gale
prerequisite: Zealous Zephyr
As an Action, you summon a powerful wind to make 2 people within 30 feet fall prone, and pin them on the ground. targets must make a strength saving throw or be knocked prone, and then an athletics saving throw to resist the wind and stand back up. You are considered Grappled and must maintain concentration on this ability.
- Air Tier 6 - Howling gale can now affect 3 people
- Air Tier 8 - Howling gale can now affect 4 people
- Remove Fuel
Casting Time: 1 Reaction, which you take upon seeing a fire based projectile
Range: 60 feet
When you see any fire on a projectile headed towards a target, you can use your reaction to rip the air fueling it from around the object. If the projectiles damage is purely fire it stops where it is and falls to the ground, if not it proceeds on it's path but any physical damage it does is halved.
- Wind walker (4)
prerequisite: Wind Walker (3)
You may use your reaction to slow any falls, as feather fall. You may remove 2 Hit-Dice of fall damage per Air Tier obtained.
- Air Tier 5 - You may do a control glide; you may move 5' in any direction (except up) per 10ft of fall.
- Air Tier 6 - You may move 5ft per 5ft of fall.
- Air Tier 7 - You may turn the glide into an attack - target gets a Dexterity Save for no damage, they take 1d6 bludgeoning per 10ft of fall.
- Wired (2)
You can't be surprised while you are conscious, other creatures don't gain advantage on attack rolls against you as a result of being hidden from you.
- Air Tier 5 - Add your Air Tier to your initiative.
Must have at least one Tier 4 air ability and be of 11th level before acquiring Tier 5. When you first choose an ability in this tier you add one of the following spells to your Elemental Spell list: Bigby's Hand and ‘’Otiluke’s Resilient Sphere’’ and Chain Lightning
- Bow of Storms
prerequisite: Wind Missile
Casting Time: 1 Minute
Components: V,S,M (All remaining Wind Missiles you have, which the spell consumes)
Duration: Until next dawn
You spend time condensing the forces of a storm and create a bow made of crackling, solid electricity and all of your remaining Wind Missile stones. If any creature other than you touches the bow, that creature takes 1d4 lightning damage.
For the duration of the spell you may draw back on it's thin electric string to draw in a Wind Missile, firing it along with a bolt of lightning. You can only fire the missiles created by the spell with this bow.
These missiles, regardless of Air Tier, have a range of 180/500 and do an additional 2d10 + your spell attack modifier in lightning damage. You may fire up to 2 missiles as a ranged spell attack as if you were casting Wind Missile
The bow lasts until the next dawn or until you run out of missiles stored inside of it.
- Air Tier 7 - As a bonus action you may expend a spell slot you may generate additional missiles for use with the bow, for each level of spell slot you may create 1 additional missile.
You place an invisible rune on a single inanimate object. Thereafter, you can concentrate for a minute and learn direction and distance to that object, even if it’s on another plane; you can also tell if the object is handled by another creature. The rune is considered magical and if the rune is dispelled, destroyed or detected by any means, you will be instantly alerted. An object with this spell on it acts as an “associated object” for purposes of teleportation. Each rune lasts for 1 year, you may only make one a day and can have up to your Wisdom Ability Modifier active at a time.
- Wind walker (5)
prerequisite: Wind Walker (4)
You gain the ability to Fly at 60. You must be unencumbered and cannot dash. You expended 1 HD per 10 minutes you fly. If you lose concentration, you fall.
- Air Tier 7 - You now essentially float up vertical surfaces, you now automatically succeed on any climbing saves.
- Wind Bind
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 150 feet
Components: V,S,M (A dust-covered feather from any bird)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
You target a creature above the ground within range, the target must make Grapple check against your Spell DC, a failed save means the wind buffets the creature and it falls, taking only 1/2 its possible fall damage.
Huge or greater creatures save with advantage. Small or tiny save with disadvantage.
Until the creature breaks the grapple or the spell ends, it can no longer fly.
- Volt Switch
prerequisite: Agile and Static Charge
Casting Time: 1 Reaction
Components: V,S,M (a small filing of conductive metal)
You may shift your body to that of an electric current itself, and you are able to successfully dodge any direct. The dodge attempt relocates you within 10ft as an automatic disengage.
Taking this feature gives you the ability to pass through electrical wiring and appearing wherever the wires end. Travel occurs at near instantaneously.
Must have at least one Tier 5 Air ability and be of 14th level before acquiring Tier 6. When you first choose an ability in this tier you add the following spells to your Elemental Spell list: Investiture of Wind Counter Spell and you no longer need to breathe (Gain advantage on gaseous attacks) You can also exclude up to your wisdom mod of allies to not get damaged from your aoe lightning attacks.
- Shock Cannon
prerequisite: Shocking grasp cantrip
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: Self (15-foot Cone)
By focusing the current of shocking grasp into a single point, and then releasing it in one quick burst, you are able to mimic something of a sudden fork of lightning. You fire a quick shot of condensed lightning, capable of denting armor, blowing holes in flesh, and sending even the hardiest of men to their knees, dealing 8d8 + wisdom + Air tier level lightning damage within range.
- Flow (2)
Gain 2 Dexterity (Maximum 22).
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 50 feet (20-foot Sphere)
Components: V,S,M (A 1ft metal hollow ball)
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes.
You create a vacuum, temporarily removing all the oxygen from an area within range.
Fire based spells or items are immediately extinguished when inside or passing through the area of effect and any fire based creatures take 10d10 Force damage each turn they start inside the AoE and make every attack roll, ability check an saving throw at disadvantage while inside.
All creatures that do not need to breath are otherwise unaffected by this spell, those that do immediately start suffocating and can only survive within the area for a number of rounds equal to their Constitution modifier (minimum of 1).
At the start of their next turn after this limit is reached their HP falls to 0 and they are dying.
- Wind Missile Enhancement
prerequisite: Wind Missile Extra Attack.
Once per long rest in a last ditch effort you can send all remaining Wind Missiles at targets within range. Making ranged spell attacks for each one as normal except after the second roll you have a stacking -1 for each consecutive attack there after (to a maximum of -6)
- Wind's fury
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 40 feet (15-foot cube)
Components: V,S,M (Any melee weapon)
Powerful winds surge around your body as you dash forward to attack at such a speed no reactions other than counterspell can be made against you. As you do the winds split off and form wind based replicas of your weapon, swinging as you do. Make a total of five melee spell attacks against any creatures of your choice within a 15-foot cube of your initial target. Each attack doing an additional 3d8 Force damage on hit. After the attacks you glide away up to half of your movement without provoking attacks of opportunity.
Must have at least one Tier 6 air ability and be of 17th level before acquiring Tier 7. When you first choose an ability in this tier you add Storm of vengeance and Shield to your Elemental Spell list and you no longer need to breathe (Gain advantage on saves vs gaseous attacks)
- Airy Body
If you spend 1 minute in concentration you become insubstantial and effectively invisible, and immune to non magical sources of damage moving through you. You may travel in any direction, provided that air could flow through such. Travel is reduced to half your move rate. You may do this for up to 1 hour, once per long rest. You become corporeal after 1 minute - heavy winds prevent your becoming solid.
- Flow (3)
prerequisite: Flow (2)
As a reaction you may expend a 1st level or greater Spell Slot to gain Advantage on a Dexterity check. (This must be called before the result of the check is determined)
prerequisite: Tracer and Wired(2)
Upon learning this ability you may toggle it on or off at will. While toggled on, any time you land a physical hit against an enemy, you may choose to place a rune. This rune is placed wherever they are hit and is only removed by anti-magic fields. When placed, this rune will use the current lowest spell slot available. These runes will be placed every time you come into physical contact with an enemy until the ability is toggled off. Multiple runes can be placed onto the target as long as there is an available spell slot for them to use. When this ability is toggled off, all placed runes detonate, firing a shot of concentrated air into the body. The damage dealt by each rune is directly proportional to the spell slot it had consumed. This ability will always consume the lowest spell slot available.
- Level 1 slot - 1d6 piercing
- Level 2 slot - 2d6 piercing
- Level 3 slot - 3d6 piercing
- Level 4 slot - 4d8 piercing
- Level 5 slot - 5d8 piercing
- Level 6 slot - 6d8 piercing
- Level 7 slot - 7d10 piercing
- Level 8 slot - 8d10 piercing
- Level 9 slot - 9d10 piercing
prerequisite: Wind Missile Extra Attack
Once per long rest you can use anything made completely of metal (e.g. coins swords statues up to 50bs)and fire it like a cannon. By charging electricity for 1 round you store up enough power to repel a metal item away from you at astonishing speed.the damage, range and area affected are all reliant of the object used.
- any coin (or small metal object) - 20ft range, 5ft width, 4d10 lightning damage, can be blocked by a shield
- any metal item weighing 10lb or less - 40ft range, 5ft width, 8d10 lightning damage, cannot be blocked by a shield (counts AC)
- any metal item weighing 30lb or less - 60ft range, 10ft width, 10d10 lightning damage, cannot be blocked by shield (doesn't Count AC) or counter spell and will stop any huge creature from moving for 1 turn
prerequisite: Wired and Volt Switch
Once per long rest, as a action, You may overcharge your body with electricity, increasing your reaction times and speed beyond their normal limits. with your foot you draw out a 10ft circle of pure lightning around you lasting 3 turns. While in this circle, you have multiple (equal to your Air Tier) reactions actions each round. Critical misses backlash onto those attacking you, dealing Lightning damage equal to as if critical Strike was scored against the attacker. If an ally is within the circle along side you, you can use your reaction to stop any physical attack aimed at them, however magical attacks work as normal. For all purposes, each dodge counts as the volt switch spell, but does not expend a charge. Once the ability ends you become exhausted, (Exhaustion level 2 and Prone) and expends 2 7th level spell slots
- Wind Release, Spiraling Shuriken
Once per long rest, as an action, You may call fourth a powerful attack. Upon casting, You create a small spinning ball of air between your palms. You then hold the ball with 1 hand, and a powerful spinning blade appears, with the original ball as the center point. The spell while held resembles a massive shuriken. You then throw the shuriken, up to 120ft away. This shuriken is a single target spell, dealing 10d6 + 5 for each time you've been hit in that combat (with a maximum of 40)+ Wisdom. Upon impact with anything, the shuriken will detonate, holding the target in the air for 1 turn. Use of this spell extends 9th level spell slot
As you level up, your skill in using your magic increases, giving way to new and unique forms.
Gear Static Requires Level 10
Upon activating Static gear, you begin to infuse all of your power into your most destructive force, your lightning. You sacrifice, mobility and wind in order to enhance the power of your lightning based attacks. This lasts a maximum of 5 turns, after the 5th turn, the user must make a constitution saving throw. If they succeed they may continue using Storm Gear for that turn, if they fail they are reverted, and can only activate Storm Gear again after a long rest
- Red lightning - You infuse so much power into your lightning that it takes on a blood red colour, You gain advantage on intimidation
- Increased Voltage - You now deal and additional 3 damage die to any lightning based ability, (e.g. 4d6 would become 7d6, or 8d4 would become 11d4)
- Overcharge - You may now cast 2 spells each turn
- Electrical Aura - Your lightning based spells now have additional effects
- Lightning arrow --- The D8 changes to a D12 for both damage rolls
- Volt Switch --- can now be cast (equal to your skymage level) amount of times per turn
- Lightning Bow --- now gains an additional missile
- Shocking grasp --- paralysis now lasts 2 turns
- Call lightning --- now calls down 4 identical bolts either side of the orginal.
- Static charge --- now stuns targets for 2 turns
- Storm sphere --- now affects a 40ft radius, and lightning can strike up to 3 people every bonus action
- Lightning Bolt --- now deals an additional d8 rather then d6, and has double range
- Shock Cannon --- is now capable of blowing off entire limbs, upon rolling a critical, you send the target flying back 20ft
- Thunder Lance --- Now expends 2 spell slots in order to deal double damage
- Overcharge --- You may now follow up any dodge with a shocking grasp attack and ONE shock cannon attack. Aiming for specific body parts while in this state does not give disadvantage
- Lightning superiority - You can not use any wind based magic while Storm gear is active, including passives like wind walker
- Rooted - You now have half movement (This comes after losing any movement gained from wind walker)
- Rooted - You cannot swim or fly, Regardless of Race
- Power consumption - You use a lot of energy, once you return to normal you are instantly very hungry (1 point of exhaustion, but this will be removed once you eat, no long rest needed)
Gear Tempest Requires level 15
Upon activating Tempest gear, Your body is cover in glowing white runes and a small circle of wind constantly surrounds your feet. Using the power of the wind You increase your speed drastically, faster then the speed of sound.
- Protective currents - You body is surrounded by whipping winds, and ranged attacks against you are at disadvantage
- Runic speed - The runes surrounding your body increase your speed, your base movement only is now tripled
- Sonic speed - Upon being attacked, your can roll a dexterity saving throw (DC 15) upon succeeding you successfully dodge the attack (up to half your wind mage level)
- Shockwave - Every weapon or unarmed attack now sends out a shockwave in a cone behind the target, dealing 1d8 bludgeoning damage in a 15ft cone. This can damage allies as well as enemies. (This can be used as a ranged attack, if so, targets must make a strength saving throw or be thrown back 20ft, original target doesn't move)
- Windy Aura - Your wind based spells now have additional effects
- Gust of wind --- may now affect a 3 tile area OR may affect a 1 tile area, however any creature of medium size or smaller will be knocked back with out a spell save
- Shockwave --- now pushes people back 30ft instead of 15ft
- Wind Missile --- May now fire 2 additional shots per cast, and can hold up to 16 enchanted stones, up to 8 stones can be enchanted as a bonus action
- Howling Gale --- can now knock people prone without a save, however targets may still escape with an athletics saving throw
- Zealous Zephyr --- now gains an additional use
- Wind Wall --- is now 60 feet long, 30 feet high, and 2 foot thick
- Wind Trebuchet --- can now lift twice the additional weight
- Will'o'wisp --- now deals the original spells damage (if cast on a fireball only the caster takes damage, no one around them)
- Personal cordon --- May now hold up to 40 rounds at once, and can all be fired at once (no more then 10 at any 1 opponent)
- Runic cost - Your speed comes at a cost. Gear Tempest lasts a maximum of 3 turns, once you revert back to your original state, your legs become temporarily paralyzed (This lasts up to an hour, however cleric spells "Lesser restoration", "Prayer of healing", "Remove curse" and "greater restoration" may all remove this affect)
- Wind superiority - You may not cast lightning based spells while in this form.
- Heavy workout - You use a lot of energy, once you return to normal you are instantly very hungry (1 point of exhaustion, but this will be removed once you eat, no long rest needed)
Gear Plasma Requires level 19 Upon activating Plasma Gear, You begin to exceed any normal limits your body has. By using your lightning, you force your heart to beat 10 times faster then normal, massively increasing the rate at which your blood is pumped. For a short duration you become godlike, but at a severe cost...
- Purple Lightning - Your lightning takes on a form akin to something like plasma, with an alluring purple colour, any allies that can see you gain 1 inspiration die
- Overdrive - You now deal double the amount of die on each ability for damage (e.g. 8d10 would become 16d10 or 1d6 would become 2d6)
- Amplified Affects - All abilities now hold empowered affects (e.g. this doubles the affects, so an ability covering 25ft by 25ft would now cover 50ft by 50ft. If you have summoned winds of 50mph they are now at 100mph and so on...)
- Plasma Blood - Your blood is rushing through you at an unmatched pace, you gain +2 to all modifiers and double base movement. You now no longer feel pain, you cannot be put to sleep or charmed, however grapples and roots still act normally.
- Refresh - You forget your previous injuries, you now fully restore your health. You now no longer feel pain, nor can you be affected by any normal conditions (e.g. Fear, Charm, Petrify etc.)
- Aura of the sky - You gain all of the bonuses to spells from both gear static and gear tempest
(Please note that injuries sustained before activation are not lost, for example, a broken arm will not fix itself upon activating plasma gear, you simply do not feel the pain it causes)
You lose: Plasma Gear is an end of the line ability, not something to use on a few minor skeletons. Its meant to be something you use when your the last man standing in a boss fight, and it looks like you'll die anyway. So while this ability is extremely powerful, the chance of you using it more then once is next to nothing. This ability is meant to be OP, its meant to be ridiculously strong and its meant to be unfair, with the trade off of permanently crippling the character that uses it.
- Upon activating this ability you instantly start taking damage equal to your hit die (For example if your hit die is a d6 you take 6, 12, 24, 48, 96 etc.)
- This damage is no ordinary damage, it is a very lethal damage, and will destroy both your heart and body. This is not something any 'normal' cleric can heal, and may take may weeks of traumatic surgery to fix, The damage may even be unfixable (at DM's discretion). After reverting back to your normal state you must roll a d8, and you will be given the related consequence from the table below. (note that these affects ARE permanent and cannot be fixed)
- Exhaustion - once you revert back to your normal form you are instantly given 4 points of exhaustion
- Magic Expenditure - once you revert back to your normal form, all remaining spell slots are used up
- Heavy Toll - once you revert back to your normal form you are instantly put to 0 health and must begin death saving rolls.
Again please note that these affects are permanent, and will stay with your character even through death, or if they try to switch bodies
|If you roll a...||Consequence|
|3||Constant lvl 3 exhaustion|
|4||Hallucinations and paranoia|
|5||Your voice box is destroyed|
|6, 7 and 8||Death|
Prerequisites. To qualify for multiclassing into the Sky mage class, you must meet these prerequisites: 13 dexterity and 13 wisdom
Proficiencies. When you multiclass into the Sky mage class, you gain the following proficiencies: Acrobatics, Arcana