D&D Wiki:Requests for Adminship/Ixidor
From D&D Wiki
Voice your opinion Done!
(4/0/0) 100% Approval; Ended 19:09, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
"You've been an active user since 2009, with no apparent misbehavior, barnstars to your credit, and a 5/5 campaign setting under your belt. Sounds like sysop quality work to me." --Kydo (talk) 08:33, 15 April 2017 (UTC)
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- A: My first large project is going to be unifying my chunk of the wiki (Dominaria) with the rest of the 3.5e Homebrew sections. I have a lot of locations (cities and countries) that are all labelled as Dominaria Supplement that I'd like to get into 3.5e circulation. I'd really like people to be able to use these and I'd love peer feedback and review! After that, and after I get my feet back under me Dominaria-wise, I'd like to help out more around the site. This wiki, without brown-nosing, is a great resource and has amassed a ton of good material for players and DMs. I'd like to help be a custodian for it.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: Although I am really pleased with my work throughout Dominaria, it is a large project. As such, I am constantly fighting to get information down and keep the relevant parts up to date. Because of that I am very pleased with my Completed (or mostly-completed) Pages, especially the countries and cities. You may recognize some of the city names (I've always been pretty creative, but names elude me) and a theme or two, but these are 100% homegrown and I'm proud of that. I keep a work log to chart progress, remind myself of tasks, and frankly to shame myself into keeping up on it when I get busy. You can find these pages here.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: Not as far as I know. I've mislabeled things before and placed pages under the wrong path and admins have helped out with that, but I try to take the help well and be humble in the face of the beast that is html. As far as stress in the future or in the line of duty, I don't anticipate getting into it with a user. If it gets past the constructive conversation/debate stage I'll step back and talk to other admins before making a decision. If the person is being obviously abusive to another user though, I'll give one warning and then fire for effect. As the community of gamers at large, we really can't afford to let that slide.
- As the nominator, I obviously support the action. --Kydo (talk) 08:33, 15 April 2017 (UTC)
- While I must admit that my experience with editions other than 5e is limited, Dominaria appears to be a very fleshed out and complete campaign setting, and you seem to be quite a congenial person. I support this nomination. SirSprinkles (talk) 00:59, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
- I have no reason to oppose or abstain. --Jwguy (talk) 20:22, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry, I did not see your answers in due time, and no one added this nomination to the news items. Nevertheless, I agree with what you wrote (it would be nice to see more work on keeping pages free from bad IP edits, but we will see where your nomination takes you). Good job! --Green Dragon (talk) 19:09, 25 April 2017 (UTC)