Cultivator (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
|Work In Progress|
The cultivator concept and many of its abilities are based on traditional chinese stories and myths called Xianxia about travelers who gather Qi, an energy of souls of the dead to gain supernatural powers and extend their lifespan, because of the similarities in source, this class is a lot like the Monk, though there are differences in both source and execution that make the class feel unique. You could think of this like a full-caster variant of the monk, even though that was not the idea behind the design of the class. antique on evil and good also and make the spell list but also first rewrite the things.
Unarmored defense level 2 soul collection level 1, do soul collection to get back ur max souls acromatic soul line cool idea
|天谕-玉虚同人 by 赭霞墨曲_贤先生, depicting an antique soul cultivator|
Under the light of the full moon, the robed high elf stops meditating suddenly, and jumps 30 feet into the air, landing in front of his assailants, with a polite smile on his face. In the middle of the roaring crowd, the orc plays her dulcimer and a calm falls upon the commoners, eased by the gentle melody. The goblins are being choked by he energy around the tiefling changes his enviroments as he blasts orbs of soul energy bouncing around his flying weapons. All cultivators, tied by their goal and divided by their methods, aim to become gods through using the life energy left in this world by the fragmented souls of the dead. Unlike a monk, they do not use their body as a conduit for the energy. With the discipline of a monk and the grace of a bard, they direct the energy around them like a piper, and concentrate it into powerful blasts of mythical power.
Creating a Cultivator
While making a cultivator, think about your character's goals and motivations. Do they want to master the path of the cultivator, and reach godhood by using soul manipulation? Or are they using cultivation itself as a means to a greater end? Think about how and where your character learned the basics of cultivation. Where they an orphan? Or is their family a line of cultivators that have stopped on the way to godhood for one reason or another? Is your character Idealistic, wanting immortality to be able to learn all is in the world? Are they afraid of death, or do they simply crave power? How is adventuring helping in your journey of cultivating? Do you want to see the world, or are you searching for places of high soul concentration? As a result of the structured lifestyle cultivating requires, most cultivators tend towards lawful, although most cultivators are highly eccentric, and their laws are not those of their land, but rather honour-bound code that they think is necessary to stick to to ascend to godhood.
- Quick Build
You can make a cultivator quickly by following these suggestions. First, wisdom should be your highest ability score, followed by dexterity. Second, choose the entertainer background. Third, choose any instrument.
As a Cultivator you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Weapons: daggers, shortswords, quarterstaffs, blowdart
Tools: One musical instrument of your choice
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: Choose two skills from Insight, Acrobatics, History, Religion, Perception, Performance, Medicine and Investigation
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) a lute or (b) any other instrument
- (a) an Entertainer's pack or (b) a scholar's pack
- a healer's kit
- If you are using starting wealth, you have 4d4 silver pieces in funds.
|1st||+2||Simple Soul shaping, Soul collection ritual||5|
|2nd||+2||Soul Connection, Unarmored Defense||7|
|3rd||+2||Segmented Soul Shaping||10|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement||13|
|5th||+3||Significant Soul Shaping||18|
|6th||+3||Path to Godhood||21|
|7th||+3||Sharpened Soul Shaping||25|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement||30|
|9th||+4||standout Soul Shaping||33|
|11th||+4||Sweeping Soul Shaping||42|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement||46|
|13th||+5||Superior Soul Shaping||50|
|15th||+5||Splendid Soul Shaping||59|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||63|
|17th||+6||Supreme soul shaping||69|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement||76|
Simple Soul Shaping
At 1st level, you gain the ability to manipulate the very essence of death and life, you have knowledge and control over your soul core, which holds your soul and physical being, you gain a number of soul points, as shown on the Soul Points column of the cultivator table, which are a representation of people's beliefs and emotions that you can gather from the environments around you. Soul points come in 6 flavors:
- Happiness souls, made of happy memories and lives well lived, that can be used to bolster your allies in battle
- Follower souls, made from the sense of duty and community of men in life, can be used to inspire and manipulate enemies and friends alike
- Greed souls, made from unfulfilled earthly wishes, they can be manipulated into a wide variety of useful effects and tricks
- Antique souls are souls that have been purified with time, they are souls who've circled through the planet's circle of life countless times, slimming off all memories and wants of their humanoid hosts, these pure souls are used for pure magical effects, that relate with strengthening one's magical power to succeed in battle.
- Demonic souls, made from the pained wills of those who've died in battle, can be fused into bodies to create minions and concentrated into necromantic energy for painful magic
- Esoteric souls, which is what remains from the process of soul degradation, they are an amalgamation of all other souls, fused into an unstable form. they can be used in unorthodox ways to gain access to special powers.
You can only hold one type of soul, and can only cast spells that require that kind of soul. Whenever you cast a spell you must expend a number of soul points equal to the level of the spell. You cannot upcast a spell past level 9 with this feature. Some abilities or features may change the amount of souls you need to use to cast a spell.
When you spend a Soul, it is not destroyed but sent on it's way to be reborn on the path of life. You may choose to practice a 5 hour ritual during a long rest, to resummon your spent souls. When you do this your new maximum soul points is three quarters of your past maximum, and you gain your new maximum of souls. You can only regain your true maximum of souls (shown in the cultivator soul points column) when performing a soul collection ritual. Your maximum souls cannot drop below your proficiency modifier.
To be able to change the soul you are holding you must you perform a ritual of soul change. for which you require 24 hours, you must be in a place without the threat of danger to perform this ritual, after you perform it you change the kind of soul you are able to use and the abilities you can use with it, but your soul points become 0, and your maximum soul points drop to your proficiency modifier.
Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your cultivator abilities, since you need to be connected to the realm of the dead to harness its spirits. You use your wisdom whenever an ability refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a cultivator ability you cast and when making an attack roll with one.
Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier
Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier
- Spellcasting focus
As a cultivator, you use your body to cast spells, and guide them into the shapes you desire, you do not need a spellcasting focus, but you require at least one free hand as a spellcasting focus.
Casting spells from other classes: cultivator class features give you spells from other classes, to cast these spells, you expend a number of soul points equal to the spell slot at which you want to cast or up-cast the spell at.
|Follower||charm person, tasha's hideous laughter, sleep|
|Greed||magic stone*, purify food and drink|
|Antique||shield*, hail of thorns, thunderous smite|
|Demonic||Animate energy, arms of hadar|
|Esoteric||chaotic sliver, chaotic protection|
- Magic Stone
When you cast this cantrip this way, you can enchant 5 stones instead of 3, they deal d10 damage instead of d6, and the stones shine a gold-like sheen
- Weapon of energy
When you cast this spell using this feature you can choose one of your Soul Weapons as the weapon you enchant, also the source of the Hail of Thorns becomes the soul weapon itself, When cast this way, the damage of this spell counts as magical.
- Shield of the weapon
When you cast this spell this way one of your weapons returns to you, as part of the reaction, as you used it to defend yourself.
- Chaotic Sliver
When you use this ability roll 2d4, and choose one of them, the spell you will be able to cast is detailed down below, you will be able to cast this spell for 8 hours, spells gained this way do not cost soul points to cast. If both dice are equal, you gain the ability to cast all of the spells, you may roll again after 8 hour have passed.
- Chaotic Protection
When you use this ability pay 1 soul, roll 2d4, and choose one of them, the spell you will be able to cast is detailed down below, you will be able to cast this spell for 8 hours, spells gained this way cost 1 soul point to cast. If both dice are equal, you gain the ability to cast all of them, you may pay another soul to roll again after 8 hours have passed.
|2||shield of faith|
|3||Armor of agathys|
At level 1 you also learn the Soul Blast spell, and can cast it using any kind of soul energy
|Casting time:||1 action|
The cultivator blasts an enemy with a soul directly, this spell always hits, the damage is 2d6 . The damage type and additional effects are based on the type of soul with which this spell was cast.
- Happiness : the spell deals psychic damage and the target must make a intelligence saving throw or fall prone and become incapacitaed, laughing at happy memories brought by the soul, this effect ends at the start of the creature's next turn, or after it is attacked.
- Follower:the spell deals force damage, and the target must make an wisdom saving throw, or be charmed by you until the spell ends, thinking of you as a larger than life presence, and willing to do anything for you, the target can repeat this saving throw whenever you deal damage to it, or try to verbally interact with the target.
- Greed:the spell deals force damage and the target must make a intelligence saving throw to not become blinded by sights of treasures, gaining the blinded condition, for a turn, additionally, the target of this spell gains 1d6 temporary hit points.
- Antique:the spell deals thunder damage, and the target must make a dexterity save or become deafened and have their walking speed reduced to 0, a target can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns.
- Demonic:the spell deals necrotic damage, and it's damage changes to 2d8, and surrounds the target with necromantic fumes, the target must make a constitution saving throw to avoid taking additional damage equal to 1d8 at the start of their next turn. This damage cannot be healed by non-magical means.
- Esoteric:The damage type of this spell is based on the number on the d6s rolled, after rolling the caster can choose one of the d6s and change the spell's damage, as shown bellow
Additionally, if you roll the same number on both d6s, the soul leaps from the target to the closest different creature (your choice if tie), make a new damage roll against that target, which could cause the soul to leap again. A creature can only be affected once by each casting of this spell. At higher levels:this spell deals one more dice of damage for every soul you add after the first one.
Soul Collection Ritual
As a cultivator, you use the souls you cultivate to fuel your magic, you gather these souls with the soul collection ritual. This ritual requires 48 hours of unbroken meditation, and can only be done in places with the right kind of soul energy. The prerequisite place is different based on the kind of souls you wish to cultivate. Performing this ritual returns your maximum soul points to their true maximum, that is shown in the Soul Points column of the cultivator table. This ritual takes 48 hours to perform. Afterwards roll a d20, on a 5 or lower, you may suffer extra troubles.
Required place : A place full of hustle and bustle, where mostly cheerful people stay at or walk through.
Examples:A tavern on a busy weekend, a market square where business is booming and prices are low, anywhere a parade is having place
|1||Surprise! You're married!|
|2||You wake up with 10d10 x 10 gp less gold pieces.|
|3||Your hair has been died an obnoxious color.|
|4||A local noble now hates you for no obvious reason.|
|5||You seem to have signed a contract to help the town's building efforts, even though you don't remember such a thing.|
|6||You have been asked to help run a local festival, play or similar event.|
Required place : A place of worship to a god or something more sinister
Examples:a temple, a cult, any fanatic order
|1||Your actions are considered blasphemy.|
|2||You are asked never to show your face again, lest bad things will come to all|
|3||You are invited to join the order, and threatened if you don't|
|4||You discover a horrible secret about the order or one of its members|
|5||The order leaders implore you to take up a holy quest|
|6||You are now seen as a saint of that order, and implored to stay and give advice to its members|
Required place : A place full of material treasures, of primarily monetary value
Examples:a castle's vault, a dragon's horde, a dungeon's loot, a high-class city market
Extra troubles: based on where you have chosen your meditation place, your dm will determine what extra troubles occur"
Required Place: A place at a very high altitude, when there is a mild to heavy storm. Examples: the tallest tree in a forest, on the top of a cathedral, on the peak of a mountain
Extra troubles:You are struck by lightning or other disaster while meditating, your DM may make you roll on the long term, or even on the indefinite madness table, this madness cannot be cured by any healing spell, but it still expires like normal.
Required Place : A place surrounded by death. Examples: a rotting swamp, a graveyard, or a place where a terrible battle has been fought.
Extra troubles :There is too much demonic energy around and it starts corrupting your own soul, you roll a d4, the amount rolled is permanently subtracted from your total health pool. This damage cannot be healed without the of a third level healing spell or higher.
Required Place: A place surrounded by forbidden knowledge, or one that is so grotesque a normal person might faint at the sight of it. Examples: a heretical library, an underground cult altar, next to the beating heart of a monster.
Failure:the knowledge burns your mind, your DM may make you roll on the indefinite madness table
At 2nd level, you can connect with the souls you've harvested, and manifest that connection into seemingly mundane items. You can spend a 10 minute ritual to connect one of your souls with a mundane item or a melee weapon. This item then becomes your soul weapon. The item's damage die becomes a d8, and it deals magical bludgeoning, slashing, or piercing damage (based on the object it was), you can also you use your Wisdom instead of Strength for attack rolls and damage rolls with a soul weapon A weapon fused in this way can hover in the air next to you and up to a range of 10 ft around you. You can move it telepathically at no action cost to you on your turn. You still take the attack action as normal. The weapon does not occupy its space, and it cannot be hit by opponents, although an enemy can attempt to catch it by rolling a dexterity check contested by your cultivator save dc, if the weapon is taken further than 10 ft away from you by force, the soul in it leaves it, and you must reperform the ritual to use it.
At higher levels:At level 5, you become able to connect with 2 such objects, and at level 11 with 3, and 4 at level 17, whenever you take the attack action with more than one soul weapon connected to you, you can attack with every soul weapon as part of that attack action, additionally when you take a bonus action to end your connection, you can choose to end the connection with any number of weapons connected to you.
Segmented Soul Shaping
|Happiness||aid , calm emotions|
|Follower||crown of madness , hold person, enthrall|
|Greed||find steed , rope trick, knock|
|Antique||cloud of daggers, levitate|
|Demonic||misty Step , heat metal|
|Esoteric||blur, Chaotic protection|
At 3rd level, you have grown accustomed to the collection and release of spiritual energy, and are ready to increase your capabilities, you gain new spells according to the soul spells table :
You additionally learn the Soul Change spell, listed below.
|Casting time:||1 bonus action|
|Duration:||1 minute (Concentration)|
The cultivator uses their souls to inflict a condition unto one target they can touch.
- Happiness : The target gains temporary hp equal to your Wisdom ability modifier plus your proficiency bonus at the start of each of their turns.
- Follower:The target must make an Intelligence saving throw, on a failed save, the target loses the ability to distinguish friend from foe, regarding all creatures it can see as enemies until the spell ends. Each time the target take damage, it can repeat the saving throw, Whenever the affected creature chooses another creature as a target, it must choose the target at random from among the creatures it can see within range of the attack, spell, or other ability it's using. If an enemy provokes an opportunity attack from the affected creature, the creature must make that attack if it is able to.
- Greed:The target must make an Intelligence saving throw, on a failed save their thoughts are muddled , and they subtract 1d4 from their attack rolls, their ability checks, as well as their constitution saving throws to maintain concentration, a target may repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on a success.
- Antique:The target's skin becomes silvery and shiny, and their AC can't be less than 16, regardless of what kind of armor they is wearing.
- Demonic:You deal an additional 1d6 necrotic damage whenever you hit the target with an attack or spell until the effect ends.
- Esoteric:The target must make a wis saving throw, on a failed save, the target becomes charmed, while charmed by this spell, the creature is incapacitated and has a speed of 0, the spell ends if the target takes any damage or if someone else uses an action to shake it out of its stupor, you may also choose to roll on the Wild magic surge table as a bonus action on each of your turns while this spell is in effect, both you and the target of the spell gain the effects of the roll, if applicable.
Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
Significant Soul Shaping
|Happiness||mass healing word , crusader's mantle, remove curse|
|Follower||sending , hypnotic pattern, tongues|
|Greed||catnap , incite greed, major image|
|Antique||counterspell, elemental weapon, pulse wave|
|Demonic||animate dead , life transference, feign death|
|Esoteric||blink, Chaotic Element|
At 5th level, your tenacity with soul casting allows you to handle greater amounts of souls and once, and create effects that would greatly wound inexperienced cultivators, you gain access to the following spells.
Chaotic Element : When you use this ability, pay 1 soul, and roll 2 d4, and choose one of them, the spell you will be able to cast is detailed down below, you will be able to cast this spell for 8 hours, if both dice are equal, you gain the ability to cast all of them, you cannot use this ability again until you finish a long rest.
In addition, it only takes 8 hours to reform your soul vessel, and you can do it in dangerous places like a dungeon (note however that you do not get the normal benefits of a long rest, but you can choose to reform your soul vessel instead of a long rest) You also learn this spell, and can always cast it
|Casting time:||1 action|
The cultivator concentrates soul energy into one point they can see, this spell affects a 20 ft. sphere but the effects are based on the spell used to cast it
- Happiness : everyone within the sphere gains 2d6 hit points, the hitpoints increase with 1d6 each additional soul added
- Follower:Every creature in the sphere must make a Wisdom Saving throw, or be affected by confusion, use the chart in confusion spell description to roll for it, except use a d4+6 to determine a character's movements instead of a d10, this becomes a d6+4 with 1 extra souls, a d8+2 with 2 extra souls, and a d10 with 3 extra souls, a creature can repeat the wisdom saving throw at the end of each of its turns
- Greed: choose a damage type betweeen acid, cold, fire, lightning or thunder; all creatures within the sphere have resistance to it for 1 minute
- Antique:All the creatures within the sphere can choose to use their reaction to add +3 to their AC once within a minute, the bonus to AC can be increased by one for each three souls that are added when casting this spell
- Demonic:Each creature except the caster must make a Dexterity saving throw, a target takes 6d6 necrotic damage on a failed save, and half as much damage on a succesful one. Any undead creatures within the sphere are healed instead, the damage increases by 1d6 with each additional soul added after the first three
- Esoteric:The spell deals 3d8 damage to each creature, roll 2d4 and choose one to determine the spell's damage type, if bothe rolls have the same result, the soul explode again and you must roll again to determine the new explosion's damage
Adding more souls: In addition to the other effects, the size of the sphere of this spell increases by 5 ft. for each 3 additional souls added
Path to Godhood
At level 6, a cultivator is accomplished enough that he can start taking his cultivator powers through a path to godhood, that will place further restriction upon him, but will reward him with the power and discipline needed to reach godhood, your choice will grant you features at level 6, 10, 14, 18 and 20.
Sharpened Soul Shaping
|Happiness||resilient sphere, aura of purity|
|Greed||arcane eye, grasping vine, fabricate|
|Antique||staggering smite, stoneskin|
|Demonic||wall of fire*|
|Esoteric||greater invisibility, Greater Chaotic Illusion|
At 7th level, you have further improved your connection to the souls and the immaterial realm, at this point you may have forgotten how living completely in the physical realm may feel. Your persistence is awarded with greater souls
- Wall of fire
When you cast this spell in this way, the flames appear green and the spell's damage becomes necrotic
Greater Chaotic Illusion : When you use this ability, pay 1 soul, and roll 2 d4, and choose one of them, the spell you will be able to cast is detailed down below, you will be able to cast this spell for 8 hours, if both dice are equal, you gain the ability to cast all of them, you cannot use this ability again until you finish a long rest.
Additionally, the time you need to spent to perform a soul change ritual is shortened down to 2 hours, and can be performed during a long rest.
You also learn the Soul Amplify spell, and can cast it using any soul you have
|Casting time:||1 action|
You gather a batch of souls, and empower your abilities with their energies. The effect of this spell is based on the kinds of souls used to cast it:
- Happiness: Whenever you would roll or one or more dice to restore hit points with a spell or ability, you may add your Wisdom modifier to each dice.
- Follower: You may add your Wisdom modifier to any Charisma check you make.
- Greed: You may concentrate on two spells at once. Whenever you would fail a concentration check, you lose concentration of both spells.
- Antique: The first time you would drop to 0 hit points as a result of taking damage, you drop to 1 hit point instead. If you would be subjected to an effect that would kill you instantly, that effect is negated. Whenever you use one of the effects of this spell, you may choose to cast it again as a reaction.
- Demonic: Whenever you cast a spell with demonic souls, choose a number of creatures that you can see up to your proficiency bonus, they take 1d4 plus your Wisdom modifier necrotic damage.
- Esoteric: You gain resistance to one condition, roll 2d6, the condition you gain resistance to is listed below. If both dice land on the same number, you gain immunity to that condition instead, and resistance to all others on the list.
Standout Soul Shaping
|Happiness||circle of power, mass cure wounds|
|Follower||dominate person, hold person|
|Greed||legend lore, planar Binding|
|Antique||arcane hand, destructive wave|
|Esoteric||Chaotic Barrier*, far step|
Your soul shaping powers are reaching that which a normal human might see as a hand of god, and your connection with the real world keeps slipping away.
Chaotic Barrier : When you use this ability, pay 3 soul, and roll 2 d4, and choose one of them, the spell you will be able to cast is detailed down below, you will be able to cast this spell for 8 hours, if both dice are equal, you gain the ability to cast all of them, you cannot use this ability again until you finish a long rest.
|1||wall of force|
|2||wall of light|
|3||wall of stone|
|4||wall of thorns|
In addition, the inside of your soul gem, what you use to hold other souls, has become such incorporeal that switching it is not a daunting task anymore. You can switch between soul modes using a special 20 minute ritual, that can be performed while taking a short rest. The amount of times you can do this is equal to your wisdom modifier divided by two, rounded up (minimum 1).
You also learn the Soul Field spell, and can cast it using any soul you have
|Casting time:||1 action|
|Range:||20 foot sphere|
|Duration:||1 minute (concentration)|
The cultivator calls forth all souls from the belly of creation, and they spring forth through the ground
- Happiness : You can spend an action to give all targets of your choice 4d6 hit points while the field is up. If a target has full hitpoints when you use this ability, you can give them 4d6 temporary hp instead, this temporary hp lasts until the spell runs out
- Follower:Abyone who enters the sphere or ends their turn inside it in the sphere is immune to psychic damage, any effect that would sense its emotions or read its thoughts, divination spells, and the charmed condition
- Greed: You automatically cast dispell magic on all magical effects and counterspell on all spells being cast within the sphere, this does not require an action, but you still lose 3 souls each time they are automatically cast, you lose concentration of this spell if you run out of soul points
- Antique:Your weapons that are in this sphere glow with a greenish jade, and they deal 2d6 more damage when you attack with them.
- Demonic:Anyone who enters the sphere or starts their turn inside it automatically must pass a Constitution Saving throw, taking 6d6 necrotic damage on a failure, or half on a success.
- Esoteric:Choose targets of your choice to gain damage immunity. Roll three d8's and pick one to determine what damage immunity they got, if two d8's roll the same number, you get that damage immunity, and additionally you get resistance to all other effects.
Sweeping Soul Shaping
Superior Soul Shaping
Splendid Soul Shaping
Supreme Soul Shaping
Path of Evil
Cultivators that go down the Path of evil are ones that fully embrace the fact that their power comes from the dead's remains, they have no problems using what is around and below them to complete their plans. Not all Path of Evil cultivators are evil themselves, but their powers usually leave negative consequences wherever they go.
Sacrifice for evil
When choosing this subclass at level 6, your soul gem Permanently loses the power to wield Follower, Happiness and greed souls, you cannot do a soul change ritual to be able to hold those kinds of souls, and if you are holdomg those types of souls when you choose this class at level 6, you instantly change to Demonic or Esoteric souls (your choice).
Empowered Soul casting
Because of your ability with necromancy, whenever you cast Soul Blast or Soul explosion you can treat that casting as if you had cast the spell with 2 more spells than you actually have. In addition, whenever an enemy would have resistance to necromantic damage, that enemy doesn't have resistance to necromancy for you, and if an enemy has immunity to necromantic damage, that enemy only has resistance to necromancy for you.
Strange Soul Shaping
When choosing this subclass at level 6, you gain additional spells
|Demonic||summon undead , false life, vampiric touch, blight|
|Esoteric||color spray, augury, chaotic enhancement|
Chaotic Enhancement : When you use this ability, pay 1 soul, and roll 2 d4, and choose one of them, the spell you will be able to cast is detailed down below, you will be able to cast this spell for 8 hours, if both dice are equal, you gain the ability to cast all of them, you cannot use this ability again until you finish a long rest.
|4||shadow of moil|
At 10th level, You have soon through the esoteric soul and are able to start reading it's components, what others see as chaos you understand is a complicated and arcane pattern of soul coagulation. Whenever a spell or cultivator class feature requires you to roll two dice and pick one of them to choose the nature of an effect, you can instead roll 3 dice. If any of the land on the same number, you must pick one of the dice that landed on the same number to activate any effects that would activate when the two dice would roll the same number. This is true even if the dice's numbers are also used for more than just determining the nature of an effect, such as damage.
Sinister Soul Shaping
At 10th level you gain access to new spells
|Demonic||Antilife Shell, danse macabre, hallow|
|Esoteric||insect plague, Chaotic Conjuration|
Chaotic Conjuration : When you use this ability, pay 3 soul, and roll 2 d4, and choose one of them, the spell you will be able to cast is detailed down below, you will be able to cast this spell for 8 hours, if both dice are equal, you gain the ability to cast all of them, you cannot use this ability again until you finish a long rest.
|1||conjure woodland beings|
|2||conjure minor elementals|
At level 14, your connection to the wills of the dead lets you manipulate your minions and bolster them in battle through the power of soul manipulation Your minions created by any necromancy spells gain the following benefits:
- A creature's hit point maximum is increased by an amount equal to your wizard level.
- The creature adds your proficiency bonus to its weapon damage rolls
- The creature adds half your wisdom modifier to its AC (minimum 1)
- The creature adds half your dexterity modifier to its attack rolls (minimum 1)
In addition to this, you can now use a body or set of bones as a soul connection item, the weapon beomes medium in size, its damage is bludgeoning, and it takes up its space. except this, all other features of a soul weapon are not changed, and a body connected this way cannot be used in a way that a soul weapon can not, such as opening a door or keeping watch.
Path of the Acromatic
Cultivators that go through the path of peace believe that patience is the true virtue that is essential to becoming a godly being, they sacrifice deep understanding of specific souls for the ability to control all elements and be useful in any situation. Cultivators on the path of Peace value harmony over conflict, although thinking that they are all pacifists is a foolish mistake.
Empowered Soul Connection
When taking this subclass at level 6, your soul collected objects' damage dice becomes a d10, additionally the range they can go out to becomes 5 times your proficiency bonus feet . They can also cumulatively carry a weight equal to your wisdom score multiplied by 15 pounds, if the objects are carrying a weight that exceeds this number you must make a DC 15 Wisdom save every minute, or you lose your soul connection to the object carrying the most weight
Studied Soul Shaping
As a Cultivator of peace, you specialize in the many spells you are able to cast, and the amount of options that this grants you in a variety of situations.
|Happiness||bless , sanctuary, tiny hut|
|Follower||beast bond , ceremony|
|Greed||alarm , floating disk , alter self, control water , dimension door|
|Antique||branding smite, phantom steed|
|Demonic||bane, burning hands|
|Esoteric||chromatic orb, polymorph|
Silent Soul Shaping
You gain these souls at level 10
|Antique||[5e SRD:Animate Objects|animate objects], conjure volley|
Path of Heaven
Sacrifice for good
When choosing this subclass at level 6, your soul gem Permanently loses the power to wield Antique , Demonic and Esoteric souls, you cannot do a soul change ritual to be able to hold those kinds of souls, and if you are holding those types of souls when you choose this class at level 6, you instantly change to Demonic or Esoteric souls (your choice).
Stilness of Heaven
Path of Heaven Cultivators are still of mind and pure of impurities, as such they are harder to harm with harmful intentions than other cultivators. Starting at level 7, you can use your action to end one effect on yourself that is causing you to be charmed or frightened. Additionally, you are immune to disease and poison
Repayment of faith
At level 6 when choosing this subclass, you become a wandering priest of your religio, or a founder of a new one. You can elect shrines and try to convert people to your religion in various ways. You can choose tenents of your religion. Whenever someone prays to your religion and elects to follow your faith, they must roll a Wisdom(religion) check of DC equal to 20 minus your Wisdom Modifier. If they pass the check they recieve a buff based on the tenants of your religion, if your religion has multiple tentants, they can choose which buff to recieve in their prayers. This spell lasts for its duration. And if it requires concentration the follower acts as the caster.
|Protection||protection from evil and good|
Minor godly-realm Access
When choosing this subclass you gain the ability to enter a minor godly-realm, you must be inside a shrine to one of your gods or yourself, and meditate for 10- your wisdom modifier hours, you will enter an out of body experience where you are transported to a minor godly realm, where you can talk with other Path of Heaven cultivators which can give you advice and instructions on your journey and guide you to gaining more followers
Servile Soul Shaping
|Happiness||aura of life, aura of vitality, death ward|
|Follower||5e SRD:Motivational Speech, 5e SRD:Locate Creature|
|Greed||tiny hut , meld into stone, nondetection|
Societal Soul Shaping
Cultivator Spell List
As a cultivator, you can cast the following spells. Any spells with an asterix has special conditions or additional effects when it is cast as a cultivator spell, detailed when you recieve it:
Becoming a soul cultivator is not an easy feat, one must practice the song in their heart for a long time
Prerequisites. To qualify for multiclassing into the cultivator class, you must meet these prerequisites: 13 Wisdom
Proficiencies. When you multiclass into the class, you gain the following proficiencies: One instrument of your choice.
Optional rules for multiclassing with monk
Because of this class's similarity with the monk thematically, some players may want to be able to interchange ki and Spirit points, if you wish to do this, you can transform 4 spirit points into a point of ki or a point of ki into 3 spirit points at any time.