Archcleric (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.- Psalm 23:4
Whether you are the dark emissary of a forgotten god, the noble cleric that spreads his faith in the gospel he sings or a cleric of battle, that cuts down evil wherever you go, you have been chosen by your god to embark on the path of the Archcleric.
In order to advance as an Archcleric, you must meet the following prerequisites (in addition to the multiclassing prerequisites for your existing class):
- Wisdom 19.
To serve your deity to the best of your abilities you must have a quality experience, knowledge, and a sound judgment in the simplest and the most complex of situations.
- Proficiency in Religion.
Archclerics are both knowledgeable and possess a great deal of understanding of not just their religion but the religions and faiths of others as such you must already have a strong understanding of faith.
- 20th Level Cleric.
Only the strongest souls and the strongest clerics are worthy of such a promotion, and as such you must be of at least a 20th level cleric before your soul becomes strong enough to stand up to such a strong imbuement of divine energies.
- Defining Moment.
You must have completed a quest, performed some great deed or done something worthy of your deities recognition for them to have given you such a blessing.
|Artist: Ju Hee Yoon|
As a Archcleric you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Saving Throws: Constitution
|Features||—Spell Slots per Spell Level—|
|22nd||+7||6||Greater Ability Score Improvement, FavoredServant||6||4||3||3||2||2||2||1||1|
|24th||+7||6||Zone of Purity||6||5||5||4||2||2||2||1||1|
|25th||+8||7||Greater Ability Score Improvement||6||5||5||5||3||2||2||1||1|
|28th||+8||7||Greater Ability Score Improvement||6||5||5||5||4||4||3||1||1|
Your cleric abilities increase beyond what is traditionally the limit. You gain the following additional benefits to your class features at the following levels:
- Beginning at 24th level, you can use your Channel Divinity four times between rests and at 30th level you can use it five times between rests.
- The Destroy Undead table allows for the destruction of undead of CR 5 or lower at 21st level, CR 6 or lower at 25th level and CR 7 or lower at 29th level.
- If you benefit from the Potent Spellcasting feature, you may add your Wisdom modifier to the damage you deal with any cleric spell.
- If you benefit from the Divine Strike feature, beginning at 21st level the damage increases to 3d8 and then starting at 28th level it increases to 4d8.
At 21st level, whenever you make a Religion check and the result is lower then your Wisdom score you may use your Wisdom score in place of the final result. In addition, when you complete a short or long rest, you come under the effect of the sanctuary spell and when you complete a long rest, you come under the effect of the protection from evil and good spell. You are under the effect of these spells for the next 24 hours.
Beginning at 22nd level, your soul is marked for an endless crusade. When you cast a spell, such as raise dead, that has the sole effect of bringing a creature back to life, you don't need the material components to cast the spell. If a creature attempts to restore you to life but not undeath, they don't require the material components to cast the spell either.
Greater Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 22nd level, and again at 25th and 28th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. Unlike normal, you can increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
At 23rd level, your ascended state grants you an elevated awareness to the wider world. You gain truesight up to 120 feet and you can speak, read and write all languages. In addition, you may add your Wisdom modifier to your initiative rolls.
Zone of Purity
At 24th level, you can channel your god's power into the area around you. Choose one of the following two effects;
- Purification: As an action, you can remove one curse, spell and condition from your choice of creatures within 15 feet of you and that same area comes under the effect of the magic circle spell.
- Preserve: You can cast the hallow spell with a casting time of 1 minute and without consuming a spell slot. For the purpose of dispelling its spell level is equal to half your level.
Once either of these effects is used, you cannot use this feature again until you have completed a long rest.
At 26th level, you gain a set of ethereal wings which grants you a flying speed of 120 feet. In addition, as an action, you can teleport to a location you can see within 120 feet.
Beginning at 27th level, you've unlocked the capstone feature of your divine domain. You gain one of the following features depending on your divine domain:
- Death: True Reaper When you cast a necromancy spell that targets only one creature, the spell can instead target two creatures within range and within 5 feet of each other. If the spell consumes its material components, you must provide them for each target.
- Forge: Forge Master While you're wearing heavy armor, you are immune to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical attacks and have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
- Grave: Grave Keeper As an action, you can mark a creature for absolute death. The creature has disadvantage on saving throws against your spells, and you have advantage on attack rolls against the creature. If the creature is reduced to 0 hit points it immediately dies and cannot be returned to life by any means. The creature cannot be an undead or construct and the mark lasts for 1 minute. Once used you cannot use this feature again until you have completed a long rest.
- Knowledge: Heavenly Sage As an action, you contact your deity or a divine proxy and ask a single question and receive a correct answer. Divine beings aren’t necessarily omniscient, so you might receive “unclear” as an answer if the question pertains to information that lies beyond the deity’s knowledge. Once used you cannot use this feature again until the next dawn.
- Life: Efficient Healing When you cast a spell that restores hit points of 2nd level or higher using a spell slot, you regain one expended spell slot. The slot you regain must be of a level lower than the spell you cast.
- Light: New Sun Your Corona of Light feature is improved, it's light suppresses all magical darkness and invisibility, creatures of your choice that start their turn in its bright light make a con save against your spell DC or are blinded until the beginning of their next turn and finally you can use a bonus action to use your Radiance of the Dawn Channel Divinity with a range of 60 feet.
- Nature: Natural Knowledge Your spell list now includes the druid spell list and all druide spells count as cleric spells for you. When you gain this feature you can swap any of your cantrips for druid cantrips.
- Tempest: Personal Storm As an action, you can create a storm centered on yourself with a 120 feet radius for a minute. During this time the area is difficult terrain and is under the effect of strong winds and heavy participation except where you choose and at the beginning of your turn, all creatures that you choose take your divine strike damage but the damage type can be lightning, acid, cold or bludgeoning. Once used you cannot use this feature again until you have completed a long rest.
- Trickery: True Duplicates Your duplicates gain substance and sentience, they can think, speak, and act as if they were you. You are telepathically linked to your duplicates and can sense what they sense. There is no limit to how far away from you they can be. Your duplicates take their turn on your turn, have their own speed, actions and concentration and can take all the actions you are able to, although only one of you can cast a spell each turn. These duplicates use the same resources as you, expand them as they do so. Each duplicate has hit points equal to your level and when it drops to 0 hit points it becomes illusionary, losing the benefits of this feature. As a bonus action, you can seamlessly swap places with a duplicate within 120 feet of you. And finally, you can use your Channel Divinity to increase the duration by another minute.
- War: Destined Strike When you make an attack roll, you can treat a d20 roll of 9 or lower as a 10.
At 29th level, you can infuse your attacks with godly power to penetrate any defense, after you hit with an attack or a creature fails a save against a spell of yours, you can use a bonus action to make that attack's damage and effect irreducible, it ignores resistances, immunities, features and traits that would reduce or prevent the damage and effect. After using this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier, you cannot do so again until you complete a long rest.
At 30th level, you are filled with your god's energy and you gain its protection. You become proficient with all saves and are resistant to non-magical physical, radiant and necrotic damage. Also, your wisdom score and its maximum increases by 4.
To gain the following feature effects, you must be able to become one with your god. To do this you must think and value things the same as your god and you must have their respect, then they will create a connection between them and you at which point you gain the following effects.
You gain a permanent telepathic link to your god and you can concentrate to allow them to control your body, which is obvious as your eyes become a solid color (the color depends on the god), your body glows with the same color and your voice changes as they speak through you.
Also, as an action, you can host a fragment of your god, you act together as one and you gain the following benefits for 1 minute. You are resistant to all damage and are immune to non-magical physical, radiant and necrotic damage, you have advantage on all saves, you are immune to all non-instantaneous effects and you can use your divine intervention feature every turn.
Hosting a god, even a fragment of one and for you, is a damaging experience, after you stop hosting your god (some consequence happens) and if you attempt to do so again before a (some time, a year?) has passed or if you channel more than you can handle, it will shatter your soul, preventing you from ever resurrecting, although your god will absorb your essence and you will live on as a part of them.