User talk:Green Dragon/Archive 7
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Caer Wyrmshold
- 2 Feat types
- 3 Trip
- 4 Hello
- 5 Spider Rider
- 6 Spam Alert
- 7 Copyrighted Creatures
- 8 Spelltouched Feats
- 9 Whoops!
- 10 Format
- 11 Italian
- 12 The Tavern
- 13 Rolling Back my Edits
- 14 Magic
- 15 Vacation
- 16 NPC Generator
- 17 Changeling race
- 18 Grammar Nazi!
- 19 Thanks
- 20 Help with creature creation
- 21 Request when you edit
- 22 The two Master Snipers
- 23 Error On Weapon Descriptions
- 24 Regionare being new at this
- 25 I am not dead yet!
- 26 Where do you get the books?
- 27 Jade Question
- 28 Nebulous Confirmation
- 29 Attaching Images
- 30 Hay
- Possibly Organizations, Societies, and Other Groups (Wikiworld)? --Green Dragon 19:13, 11 June 2007 (MDT)
You left a few comments on talk pages of my feats, so I came here to resolve the issue.
My main problem is, that many feats are "General feats" in official D&D terminology, even though it is practical to introduce smaller categories like "Magical feats" "Rage feats" etc. But for a reader who comes here without knowing our specific categories, these will still be General feats. Thus, I suggest to keep the "General" category with all feats that would be General feats in standard D&D, even if that means the feats will be in several lists. --Mkill 11:49, 15 June 2007 (MDT)
- I think adding the feats to both General Feats and Rage/Magical/etc feat lists would be appropriate. It is fine for a feat to be linked to from two locations. --Green Dragon 11:51, 15 June 2007 (MDT)
- I'm pretty sure that's how it was decided that the feats were supposed be arranged on the wiki, anyway. The "Avatar of XXXX" feats are a good example of this, they're listed in both the exalted feat list and the epic feat list.
- One thing that must be noted, is that under 3.5, feats with the "[General]" descriptor do not have any other descriptor (otherwise, by the SRD's policy, they wouldn't be general). You need to decide whether your feats have the general descriptor or another descriptor(s). —Sledged (talk) 12:02, 15 June 2007 (MDT)
- As I stated, those other descriptors don't exist in the SRD, so they are offically General feats. But unofficial categories of this wiki or of the NBOF do apply. --Mkill 12:32, 15 June 2007 (MDT)
- There's nothing wrong with creating new descriptors for feats (WotC seems create at least one new descriptor with each accessory they publish), but the policy still stands; if it has any descriptor other than general, whether it be an official or unofficial, by definition it is not a general feat. —Sledged (talk) 12:48, 15 June 2007 (MDT)
- Okay, here is what I think is best. Split the feats up into littler categories and move them away from General Feats. Right now General Feats has so many feats that it takes a long time for one to find something interesting. So smaller feat categories, which may take more time to understand for a new user, may actually save time. I think it is best to move feats away from General to more obscure categories. Also, this should especially work if we prove a short description of what the category entails on DnD Feats. --Green Dragon 12:54, 15 June 2007 (MDT)
- Do you think it would be small enough to be useable then? --Green Dragon 14:00, 3 July 2007 (MDT)
Hello all. I am going to be going down to Southern Utah to do some river rafting, which should be fun, later today (Sunday the 17th). The first trip I am doing is in Desolation Canyon where, if you knew Utah news, a person just died, but it still should be very fun. It's 5 days long so it should be nice. Anyway, overall, I will be gone for about a month or so, and I am just giving everyone a heads up. Since I am gone, and I will have only limited Internet access every so often (when I am not actually on the river, just staying in Green River (the town)) I will not be able to check the Recent Changes, sadly. So, if you have some spare time, it would be nice if you could check Recent Changes and make sure every new page is linked to. The reason I am asking for people to do this is because if a page is not linked to it will never get linked to as "Orphaned Pages" does not include dplc and dplcu links. So, please please please make sure every new page is linked to. Also, I hope all the classes still get formatted and I hope everything goes well. Have fun :). P.S. I will be able to check my talk page and a couple other pages every so often, so... --Green Dragon 15:11, 17 June 2007 (MDT)
- I'll try not too :). --Green Dragon 16:43, 17 June 2007 (MDT)
So, I just finished running desolation canyon, and I am going to go tomorrow again... So, I help everything is going well, and thanks to everyone that has been making sure that everything is linked to (I hope everything is, I am not sure). Anyway, please keep up the good work. --Green Dragon 19:39, 24 June 2007 (MDT)
I have arrived back, a little early. It was a lot of fun, and I am happy to be able to contribute once again. Thanks to everyone that helped out so much while I was gone and I would love to see this help continue. Thanks. --Green Dragon 10:32, 30 July 2007 (MDT)
Just wandering. Could you delete the Master Sniper class I made please.--ShadowyFigure 01:51, 22 June 2007 (MDT)
- If you want anything deleted please use Category:Candidates for Deletion, thanks. --Green Dragon 19:31, 24 June 2007 (MDT)
I think you will be pleased to find that I havew been hard at work re-writing the Spider Rider class. It now looks great, but I am not sure how ballanced it is. Can you rate it so I can make it better, please? Thanks for your help. Sam Kay 11:57, 25 June 2007 (MDT)
- I would love to, but right now I do not really have much time on computers (internet acess in Green River Utah is very limited). So, you may want to ask someone else to... Sorry. --Green Dragon 13:57, 3 July 2007 (MDT)
IP address 184.108.40.206 has made 4 spam posts:
- Eagle Rider (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Battle Hedgehog (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Blink Warrior (3.5e Prestige Class)
- Blood Soldier (3.5e Prestige Class)
on 27 June. Thought you would want the heads up. --Pwsnafu 21:03, 26 June 2007 (MDT)
- Thanks for the look out. That spammer is a reoccurring one. —Sledged (talk) 09:41, 27 June 2007 (MDT)
- Have you reverted his attack? Is he banned? Thanks for any info. --Green Dragon 13:58, 3 July 2007 (MDT)
- Thank you very much. --Green Dragon 14:06, 3 July 2007 (MDT)
I would like to inquire whether it is allowed or not to stat out creatures that are invented by other people; creatures that have their origins in movies, comics, books or videogames. Sincerely, --Sulacu 21:14, 28 June 2007 (MDT)
- If you create your own stats, I believe the only issue is the name. You can't use trademarked names (but you can use an intentional "misspelling" of the name). Dmilewski probably knows a bit more on the matter than I do. —Sledged (talk) 11:15, 29 June 2007 (MDT)
- That's about it. Even then, you can still get sued. There's no such thing as "safe", but there is prudent or imprudent. I would not suggest "Deth Eater", as Rowling's lawyers are very active and even similarities are not safe. On the other hand, a "Peerson Puppeteer" would likely pass muster, as Larry Niven is not known for the protection of his property. However, if there were a Ringworld movie hitting the theatres, the studio would start actively protecting that property. (The studio makes money by subletting those rights, and so must enforce those rights).
- In general, fairly inactive properties are far safer to develop than active properties. Examples of properties that I warn against: Harry Potter, World of Warcraft, Star Wars, Middle Earth, and any ongoing series. --Dmilewski 09:33, 3 July 2007 (MDT)
Uearthed Arcana included the Spelltouched Feats as OGL material, and I'd like to include them here. But I'm a bit confused on how you guys handle non-SRD Open Gaming Content. How and where should the stuff be added? I especially need a page with the description of what a Spelltouched feat is. I created Spelltouched feats but somebody should check and maybe move it. We could also copy the individual feats here. --Mkill 08:52, 6 July 2007 (MDT)
I came to apologize for any trouble I may have been giving you, only recently discovered a message you sent me about how to properly sign, and puzzled on how I was not signing and marking things correctly. I pre-emptively fixed the last one I did (Laser Blade, Weapon Enchantment). Hopefully I won't give you so much work now. -- Eiji 15:48, 12 July 2007 (MDT)
- Thanks for helping me. --Green Dragon 10:31, 30 July 2007 (MDT)
What's up with the formatting for so many of the pages. It seems that every page has things like this PrerequisitesInt 13 for example. Is this simply something with my browser? I started changing all of my contributions before I noticed the huge number of other weird formats. PS, it'snice to be back. --Calidore Chase 11:01, 22 July 2007 (MDT)
- I am not sure what you mean, would you mind elaborating? Also, I am glad you are finally back. Welcome again. --Green Dragon 10:34, 30 July 2007 (MDT)
- I think, what he's talking about is the well-known Internet Explorer problem. This "browser" (if you want to call it that) screws up the level 5 headlines that are used in most feats and other pages. It was already discussed that these Level 5 headlines were a bad idea in the first place, since they also clog the table of contents, and that they all should be reverted to just bold formatting and a ":", but so far nobody seems to act on it. --Mkill 10:42, 30 July 2007 (MDT)
- Arrg, I wish I was not using Ubuntu Linux right now so I could see what you guys are talking about, however I can imagine... So, you are saying that Sledged's L5 (and L6) headers that were made for the Classes do not work for Internet Explorer? --Green Dragon 10:45, 30 July 2007 (MDT)
- It shouldn't be so hard to get hold of a Windows PC, just take a look at any feat page the next time you have the chance. It's ugly. Another problem with the IE that I noticed is on SRD:Magic Items: Weapons (Rules). IE interprets the "minimize" on the tables to make the cells as slim as possible, which means he puts a line break even in entries like "0-10", before the "-". Awful. But since IE is still a widely used browser (and sometimes unavoidable) we have to adjust. --Mkill 10:52, 30 July 2007 (MDT)
- I'll get on it as soon as I have time. --Calidore Chase 13:13, 30 July 2007 (MDT)
- Sorry, no. However I do believe we have one CS that is in Italian... --Green Dragon 10:34, 30 July 2007 (MDT)
- Why not just use the translator in microsoft word to translate pages you are interested in?--Sam Kay 11:54, 28 September 2007 (MDT)
- I imagine that all translators do a bad job... I am going off of Google Translate English → German. It's terrible. --Green Dragon 23:30, 1 October 2007 (MDT)
Hi Green Dragon. There's a fair amount of name suggestions out now, I suggest you pick your three favorites and then we have an open and fair election. What do you think? --Mkill 06:47, 31 July 2007 (MDT)
- Will do. --Green Dragon 12:17, 31 July 2007 (MDT)
Rolling Back my Edits
Hey Green Dragon, what's going on? You keep rolling back my edits and criticizing my postings. What's going on? I'm not trying to ruin the wiki, at least not on purpose. If I broke any rules then only unwritten ones. Calm down and let people make changes and improvements to the wiki. Don't play boss. --Mkill 07:50, 2 August 2007 (MDT)
- I am not trying to. You are correct, you did break only unwritten ones, and sorry about not telling you about them. The reason I have been rude, and sorry by the way, is because I have seen many descisions made by you that were not first passed by the community. For a better explanation please see your RfA. Sorry in advance. --Green Dragon 08:12, 2 August 2007 (MDT)
- You are still reverting my edits to prove some unimportant points, and I really don't know why you have to apologize when I simply review something. Really, if you want me to go, I go, but say it in my face, and if you don't, stop it. Thank you. --Mkill 06:56, 12 August 2007 (MDT)
- I am following your philosophy of
|“||If you disagree with an edit, just start a discussion on the relevant talk page or change it directly. It's a wiki.||”|
|—Mkill 22:04, 2 August 2007 (MDT)|
- I want things to stay the same, following the standards that were set by the community. If you want them your way, that is fine, however, I really like things to be passed by the community (that is how D&D Wiki works). I am disagreeing with some edits of yours and therefore changing them. About the discussion; I felt that your comment was pushing that person away from staying on D&D Wiki and was not backed. For the record it is not true that flaws have to be under 100 words - they can be any length. If they are too long it may push some players or DM's from allowing them to be used in their campaigns, however it does not push them from being posted on D&D Wiki. Instead of using an authoritative manner with the user you could have stated something like "Wow, this is a little long... I know my DM would never let this be in his campaign, because of the length... It's so long it's kinda hard to remember. Do you think it could be truncated?" If this was posted I am sure the user would be more inclined to want to truncate it - and the user would feel that truncating it is an improvement, not a downgrade. The reason I stated that they can be any length was a little to say you were wrong however it was more to push the user into merging the two flaws into one so D&D Wiki does not have two copies of the same thing. Finally, I do like you here. Currently you are the hardest working D&D Wikian that is doing maintenance and cosmetic changes. I like you here (It would be hard not to :)) and I hope that you come to understand the community makes that the decisions, not an individual, on D&D Wiki. Finally, if you want to get rid of your "Mean Person" persona I would recommend that you just stop posting on discussions, take a break from the talk pages, and just do work that can be found on the To-Do List. I hope you still do not hate my decisions and ideas about how a wiki works. --Green Dragon 12:55, 12 August 2007 (MDT)
thank you....im very happy with dnd wikipedia.....since finding it i have enjoyed looking at it and using ideas and creations.....however, i am struggling to understand the fundamentals of magic in dnd and i am wondering if u knew ne one that could help.. thank you Butchio SurfsUp! 12:43, 4 August 2007 (MDT)
- I would recommend asking your question over on DnD Discussion. When one asks a question there it tends to get answered quickly and by the entire community. Anyway, welcome to D&D Wiki, again. --Green Dragon 12:48, 4 August 2007 (MDT)
I know I just got back from river rafting, however I am going to go take a short vacation (5 days) to Yellowstone. I hope everyone will have the time to help manage D&D Wiki, and thanks in advance. Please watch out for spam and make sure all new articles are linked to... Anyway, thanks, in advance, to everyone that helps. --Green Dragon 11:20, 5 August 2007 (MDT)
- Enjoy your trip! --Aarnott 12:46, 5 August 2007 (MDT)
- I did, thanks. The wildlife was amazing, I saw wolf's, bears (no black bears though...), elk, deer, bison, coyotes, etc. I decided to bring a spotting scope right before I left and I am very glad I did. Also, as always, the geysers were good. It was fun. Anyway, how was D&D Wiki while I was away? --Green Dragon 22:03, 8 August 2007 (MDT)
- Sweet! You saw bears and wolves? Crazy! I live in Canada and camp in bear country about four times a year, but I have yet to see anything besides a single black bear (which I didn't see camping, but it had wandered into my friend's backyard). Although not seeing Grizzly bears is probably a good thing...
- And DnD Wiki has been cool. I find sometimes it goes through booming periods where there is lots of new content to scan and other times (like right now) where it is more just general maintenance. I don't know enough about wiki's yet to be all that helpful unfortunately. I just learned how to make a redirect a few weeks ago :P. --Aarnott 12:35, 9 August 2007 (MDT)
- That is good to not see grizzly bears. I liked seeing them, however it is very bad to see them... I see it as very bad to see animals that are not at all afraid of Humans. The problem with Yellowstone is that so many people go there the animals lose their fear and it destroys them... Yellowstone is a bit like a Disneyland of the wild, sad... Anyway, I am glad to hear that D&D Wiki was doing fine. --Green Dragon 12:00, 10 August 2007 (MDT)
I made a new (easier to use) NPC wiki-format generator. This one does automatic calculations so that you don't have to (such as ability scores to skills). My goal is to have it replace our current method of adding NPCs so that new users to wikis can still add content here. Right now, the generator has 1 bug I know about (and likely a million I don't). Take a look at it, comment, critique. The way I designed it was to be somewhat like a character sheet. That way it would be more intuitive. Here it is . --Aarnott 12:29, 9 August 2007 (MDT)
- I tried it out. It looks like it has potential, however I feel that it needs some work. If you check the sandbox (or history if you do not read this in a while) you will see the Alomer (DnD NPC) that I put through it. It's not the same... However, it is good. First off there is no space for spells, background etc. To perfect your script (is that what it is called?) I would keep running already done NPC's through it and fixing the script (?) every time so the NPC that comes out is the same NPC that goes in. Just my 2 cents. Also, why does the gender start on male? should it start on blank so D&D Wiki is not sexist...? --Green Dragon 12:45, 9 August 2007 (MDT)
- Is it actually sexist to start on Male? Regardless, I will make N/A the default option. Spells are very difficult and I've been trying to figure a good way to make them easy to add yet still be fully functional. I do want to see this put into use and as I said almost as a replacement, so here is my idea. I will set up a task list on User:Aarnott/NPC Gen. I'm 99% sure that skills are always correct. So even though there is a skills difference between the one you posted and the one already here it may have been ranks. My main main reason for doing this is that I think that it would be good to attract more users to this site so we can get a more active community. --Aarnott 14:26, 9 August 2007 (MDT)
- Oops, I think you are right. It is not sexist to start on male... Anyway, I just put 4 ranks in the skills (did not want to put so much effort into it) so the skills were different on the NPC I ran through the generator. The reason I did that was because I was more looking for fields that were missing than having the correct numbers. About your tasks page... I updated it so it uses <tasks>; I hope it is nicer. I also added another to-do item, and will keep adding them as I see them :). Finally, I will help with making this better every so often, and I hope this works! As a side comment, what happened to the creature generator, did you finish that? Is that ready for people to use? --Green Dragon 11:56, 10 August 2007 (MDT)
- The monster generator was done ages ago, but isn't nearly as snazzy as this one (so I may redo it). I'll have to look for where I put that on my server, but it would be better to try to make a version that does automatic calculations like my new NPC generator. Thanks for adding tasks :). I won't get much done this weekend though (2nd year English exam :S). Oh and the <tasks>; addition makes it look great -- love it! --Aarnott 12:10, 10 August 2007 (MDT)
- As soon as you redo the creature generator, post it up like you did this NPC generator... Lets get some automated things going :). Also, no problem about adding <tasks>. I was not sure if you would like it, and I am glad you do. --Green Dragon 12:20, 10 August 2007 (MDT)
I am Darth_Borehd, the author of the Changeling race. You are free to do with it as you will. I release it into the public domain. --Darth borehd 21:10, 22 August 2007 (MDT)
- Ah, the changling that can be found per your username. However, and my only question, is do you have a copy of this race or can it still be found on Wizards? If so, would you mind supplying a link...? Thanks. --Green Dragon 21:15, 22 August 2007 (MDT)
Thanks for the welcome: always nice to feel noticed.
Something that HAS been irking me, though: I've been using the MSRD for Ranged Weaps as inspiration quite a lot as I develop my own set for my campaign, and maybe it's a personal flaw but the typos on the page tend to get under my skin. I'd sweep 'em myself but the page is locked, so... --The Archivist 01:43, 29 August 2007 (MDT)
- No problem about the welcome. Anyway, onto MSRD:Ranged Weapons... I have temporarily unlocked that page so you can edit it. Once you are done with the spelling issues please tell me you are done and I will lock it again. I hope this removes an irk of yours :) and, again, welcome. --Green Dragon 14:28, 29 August 2007 (MDT)
- Ah, thanks. Went over it several times and it looks okay now. Also, thanks for all the help with this blasted campaign of mine. --The Archivist 17:19, 29 August 2007 (MDT)
- I have locked it again. --Green Dragon 15:26, 3 September 2007 (MDT)
- No problem. Anyway, if you have any questions about anything on this site or need help with any wiki syntax issue please feel free to contact me. I am always happy to help. --Green Dragon 17:24, 3 September 2007 (MDT)
Help with creature creation
I just added a creature called 'Anakim', which is both the common name for the beastie, plus a subtype of Reptilian Monstrous Humanoids. I needa little help on both the formatting of the page, as well as how best to add on further versions, such as an elite scores alternative with character class advancement...
- First off, to make this be linked to from somewhere, the CR is needed to be know. We could, tentitivly, stick it in CR 4. Would you be okay with this? --Green Dragon 19:13, 4 September 2007 (MDT)
- Yes, it's me again, and yes, I still don't really know what I am doing in this wikipage format...
- I have created a monster race called Anakim (3.5e Creature), which is posted, but which I need a little help with:
- I need help with the page itself (format, links, templates, correctness)
- I need a little help making another stat block for an alternative (elite and character class advanced) version of the beastie
- I would like to ask for some people to help me out on making sure I get the proper way of how to post, plus how I can make pages better in the future. Yes, I know we've been over it before, but I need a little refresher course...
- a DnD Race was also created by someone else (it doesn't shock me, it's a Sumerian mythological creature), and I was wondering if by making a monster entry, I would be stepping on anybody's toes...
- Please, thanks, and best wishes, -Will (email@example.com, xidoraven on here) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Xidoraven (talk • contribs) 19:19, 4 September 2007 (MDT). Please sign your posts!
- I have alerted many people to the talk page of the creation in question, I hope that will be more of a help. I am sure (already) your qeustions are getting answered, and I will help on that talk page when I get time. In best regards. --Green Dragon 23:32, 5 September 2007 (MDT)
Request when you edit
Hi, may I request that you use the "This is a minor edit" checkbox when you are doing your formatting edits? Currently monitoring Recent changes is a pain. Thankyou. Pwsnafu 21:33, 6 September 2007 (MDT)
- Ah... I will start doing that. I was not sure if anybody really cared (I know I do not use the "Hide Minor" edits" when looking at RC). So, since somebody does care, I will start making many of my edits minor. Sorry. --Green Dragon 21:37, 6 September 2007 (MDT)
The two Master Snipers
Alright! While randomly surfing through the class section, I came across the two Master Sniper dilemma we have. Why we've kept the one with the plain old title I can't say, as it just said "please delete" on it.
So after trying and failing several times to move Dark's page, I just decided to forget it and manually copy the data. That's going well so far, except that I can't figure out how to put in a redirect at Dark's former page to go to the new Master Sniper.
So I guess I'm asking for help with redirects. --The Archivist 07:27, 11 September 2007 (MDT)
- I have added the redirect to the content page, however not the talk page. The only thing left to do is merge the talk pages. Also, about redirects. A good page to learn all about redirects is here on Wikipedia. I hope this helps. --Green Dragon 14:54, 11 September 2007 (MDT)
- It does, thank you. --The Archivist 10:09, 2 October 2007 (MDT)
- No problem :). --Green Dragon 16:20, 2 October 2007 (MDT)
Error On Weapon Descriptions
I have recently made a new weapon (the Orc Battle-Blade), and thus tried to add it to Weapon Descriptions. But upon clicking the save page button, instead of showing the modified page, it showed a white page with this written on it: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 2 seconds exceeded in /home/dandwiki-com/public_html/w/includes/StringUtils.php on line 277. The number on the end does vary each time I tried it, but I would like to know why it happened and whether it is a problem with the computer I am using or a problem with the wiki. If it was a problem with the wiki, I would like it to be fixed as soon as possible. I will try it again to see if it happens again, just wanted to inform you. -Pirate-Sorcerer 00:08, 12 September 2007 (MDT)
- The problem is simple, and it happens every time that a new version of MediaWiki is installed. I will tell Blue Dragon to change the maximum time allowed back up to the standard 30 seconds and add back MoI's onto this site. Also, thanks a lot for telling me about this problem. I was not sure if it was still an issue since the NPC stat block has had decreased loading times (and that was what used to get this error a lot), however it is good to know it still is an issue. Thanks a lot and it will be fixed soon. --Green Dragon 19:48, 12 September 2007 (MDT)
- It should now be fixed. --Green Dragon 22:48, 12 September 2007 (MDT)
Regionare being new at this
G.D., I am fairly new to computers and wiki's. This web site is the only "game" I have. I have several questions and I know you are busy,so I can wait for the answers.
- How do I get my "skin" back to the yellow parchment color and also change my print type?
- What is the user page supposed to be used for?
- What is the user discussion page supposed to be used for?
- How do I put photos and drawings on here?
- I am really just trying to have fun on this site. Where should I post my "story" additions or is this even the right place to do so?
- Can I create my own subject pages? I am assuming anything can go on here as long as it is relevant and right.
- Am I allowed to delete things off of my user/discussion pages without permission?
As I said,I am new to all of this,I see alot of fun coming with this site in my future.I would really like to just throw out ideas and see what people think and may have to contribute,i.e.story lines,settings,characters,etc.
Thx for your time! --Regionare 18:20, 24 September 2007 (MDT)
- Here are some answers, I hope they help.
- To get your wiki skin back to the default skin "Sledged's Skin" go to "My Preferences" → "Skin" and bullet "Sledged (default)". The link to "My Preferences" can be found in the very upper right hand corner of the screen. "Skin" is a tab in "My Preferences", and "Sledged (default)" should be found under the "Skin" tab. I hope this helps.
- The user page is a page about you and your creations. For more information about what is supposed to be on uers pages and what is not see Wikipedia:User Page.
- A discussion page has discussions that you are currently having that have nothing to do with a certain creation but rather something else. Discussions on user talk pages should never be deleted, but rather archived either by a time period or when they reach 30 discussions. Again, wikipedia has something on this subject here.
- All images are upload via the Media Repository. Your current login should work on the Media Repository as well as on D&D Wiki.
- Hm... Story additions... I would bring this discussion up on Talk:Dungeons and Dragons as I am not sure where a good place for them would be.
- Yes, please create your own subject pages! Each section (Races, Classes, Campaign Settings, etc) should have a "Add your own". Just click that, fill out the relevant information, and bingo, you should have your own subject page. This site is all about people adding their own creations, and any homebrew creation is welcome.
- You are allowed, but it is not recommended. As I said above discussions are either archived by a date or archived when their are 30 or more present. It is not standard to delete discussions.
- If you have any more questions, or these did not answer your questions correctly please feel free to ask me more. --Green Dragon 09:29, 26 September 2007 (MDT)
I am not dead yet!
I can dance and I can sing, and all that other stuff.
Sorry for the absence from the wiki, life blindsided me with all the force of the Bismarck. I should be back and editing shortly.--Cypresslyshra 18:21, 25 September 2007 (MDT)
- Thats good to hear, I though that Writers Block had finally defeated you (which is apparently a CR 14 creature). --Green Dragon 09:13, 26 September 2007 (MDT)
- I write for a future living, so that bastard has yet to defeat me. That said, school got itself some howitzers, and it's damn well trying to put me in the ground. I hope to upload some stuff from the recent Alice in Wonderland inspired game we played. --Cypresslyshra 20:11, 26 September 2007 (MDT)
- I thought it was not a good idea to bring guns to schools now-a-days... especially not howitzers. Maybe the only reason people are bringing guns to school is to defend against the howitzers, but who knows. --Green Dragon 22:40, 27 September 2007 (MDT)
Where do you get the books?
- You can get the books at your local bookstore. We also have the core three books on this site making up the SRD. --Green Dragon 21:57, 26 September 2007 (MDT)
- Discussion moved to Talk:Jade (Eberron Nights Supplement)#Specific?
Aight. For quite some time I've been thinking about adding the builds and "twinks" provided by Ryan "Red Mage" Sosa in his now-discontinued column  to the Wiki. The only problem is that I'm not him and Sosa has made himself absolutely impossible to contact via Internet. While I don't want to take any credit or offend anyone by taking his stuff, it's been up for at least five years on an open column for the whole public- putting it here would just increase its traffic. I'm wondering if I still need the letter, or if I can just go ahead and move the things. --The Archivist 10:21, 2 October 2007 (MDT)
- Do you know what license this information is licensed under? --Green Dragon 16:18, 2 October 2007 (MDT)
- It doesn't actually say it's licensed under anything, but considering the site it's hooked onto my best guess would be the GNU Free Documentation License. --The Archivist 07:10, 4 October 2007 (MDT)
- If it's under the GNU FLD feel free to add all the content to D&D Wiki. --Green Dragon 21:36, 4 October 2007 (MDT)
How do I attach images to a page? I'd like to upload the images for the weapons for the Swords into Plowshares book, but I can't figure out how. >_< Help! :D --Othtim 16:36, 2 October 2007 (MDT)
- You have to upload all images on the D&D Wiki Media Repository and then link them here. I hope this helps. --Green Dragon 16:39, 2 October 2007 (MDT)
Hay, thanks for the warm welcome. This web page is realy usefull, Im suprized wizzerds of the coast doesnt take you to cort or something. And with some time this will be even better. some time I will but my current adventure on the page —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mander (talk • contribs) 13:57, 4 October 2007 (MDT). Please sign your posts!
- Luckily we are not violating anything so WotC canot take us to court :). Also I am glad you like D&D Wiki, and I cannot wait to see your homebrew content! --Green Dragon 21:39, 4 October 2007 (MDT)