Ell's Handy Homunculus (3.5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|Level:||Bnd 1,Sor/Wiz 1|
|Components:||V, S, M, XP|
|Casting time:||1 hour|
|Effect:||1 Diminutive Construct|
A drop of your own blood falls upon the shining crystal embedded inside the figure you've created. With a slow exhale you breath life into the model, and it shifts slightly as the creature takes its first breaths.
Ell's Handy Homunculus allows you to infuse non-living materials into an artificial flesh and blood creature. This is the final spell used in the process of creating a handy homunculus, which is generally weaker than the traditional homunculus. However, you do not need to possess the Craft Construct feat. You also gain benefits if you possess either Craft Construct or Bind Elemental (from Eberron).
The required Craft check, types of material, and required spells vary from homunculus to homunculus, but they all require a jewel, a drop of your blood, and the total materials must cost 500 gp. The jewel serves as the creature's core, and the blood binds it to your will. Below is a list of possible handy homunculi to create.
If you possess either the Craft Construct or Bind Elemental feats, you may increase the hit dice of your homunculus, costing another 500 gp and 25 xp per hit die, up to your caster level (max 10 HD, 5000 gp and 250 xp). You can create several homunculi, but you can only control a number of HD up to your caster level. Earlier homunculi go inert, and may be re-awakened by casting this spell upon them.
Homunculi possess an empathic link to their masters, and possess a small amount of free will, though they always obey commands when given. They never stray more than 1 mile from their master willingly, and take any measures to return to that radius if forced. They are not terribly intelligent, so most mages uses these oddities as pets.
- Spitter: A gecko which can spit acid.
- Spellshine: A firefly that glows near magic.
- Dizzywing: A butterfly with a dazing display of colors.
- Flaredrake: A tiny dragon with a dazzling breath.
- Spritelight: A floating glowing pixie.
- Cooler: A penguin that freezes those in its icy stare.
- Songbird: A music-playing entertaining bird.
- Safecat: A floating tiny cat that wards against undead.
- Slowgo: A fat slothful bear that tires those it touches.
- Grabby: A floating squid good at ferrying objects.
- Stitcher: A small humanoid that mends objects.
- Speaker: A rabbit that can transmit messages to and fro.
- Scrubber: A small construct that can clean the house.
- Doodle: A small humanoid able to draw and recolor objects.
- Chef: A round pink creature who aids in cooking.
- Maker: A bee able to craft simple objects.
- Humidifier: A turtle that dampens, dries, and collects water.
- Collector: A rat able to collect and polish items.
- Spiky: A hedgehog that acts as a living caltrop.
- Kopi: A small primate that transcribes text.
- Tacky: A spider able to attach small items to the walls.
- Microhurler: A tiny centaur with a big throwing arm.
- Jolt: An electric mouse capable of delivering shocks.
- Shouter: A loud bat that can deafen.
- Puncher: A more powerful, more costly, fight loving homunculus.
Various materials each detailed in their specific entries, and a crystal, all totaling 500 gp. A drop of your blood binds the construct to your will.