Whip Trick Master (5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
Whip Trick Master
Prerequisites: Proficiency with whips
You have explored and practiced the many possibilities of the versatile whip.
- When using a whip you can make it crack at will. Using an action you produce a loud and surprising sound, any creature within 5 feet or any beast within 10 feet of the crack must make a Wisdom saving throw with a DC equal to 8 + your Dexterity or Strength modifier, on a failure they become frightened. They may repeat the save at the beginning of their turn.
- When using a whip you can attempt to grapple the target. Make an attack with your whip, on a successful hit instead of dealing damage you attempt a grapple following the normal Grappling rules.
- You can use your action to attempt to disarm a target of an object or weapon they are carrying. Make an weapon attack with a whips, on a successful hit instead of dealing damage you attempt to pull the object from the target's hand. Make a Strength or Dexterity check against a Strength check of the target. If you succeed the target is disarmed and the object falls within 5ft of the target. If you roll critical strike the object is immediately liberated from the target and brought to you. You may catch it from the air or allow it to drop next to you.
- You can use your bonus action to attach your whips to a object that would allow a rope to coil around it. Make a Strength (Athletics) check with a DC of 10. On a success you can climb the whip or swing from it, covering the distance of a normal Long Jump plus your Dexterity modifier, even from a standing position you can make a standing Long Jump plus your Dexterity modifier. Each foot swung cost you one foot of movement, but you may finish the swing even if you run out of movement midway.
- You have proficiency in Charisma (Performance) checks made to perform with a whip. If you are already proficient in the Performance skill, you may add double your proficiency bonus instead.