Whaler's Kit (5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
This pack includes portable variants of the tools normally found on whaling ships. Proficiency with this kit lets you add your proficiency bonus to Wisdom checks made to render Large or Medium fatty marine animals (cetaceans, pinnipeds and penguins) into meat, fat and oil.
The pack includes:
- Leather straps: for securing the animal to be butchered
- A flensing tool: this is a spade with a cutting edge used to separate the blubber
- A blubber hook: for moving chunks of blubber
- A mincing knife: for cutting meat and blubber into smaller chunks
- A small axe: for breaking bones
- A try pot: for rendering blubber into oil
Cost: 8 gp
Weight: 10 lb.