Weaponmaster (4e Epic Destiny)
From D&D Wiki
The ultimate master of your type of weapon
Prerequisite: Any martial class; Strength 21 or Dexterity 21
Unlike many people's eventual ends, your power does not come from an external force, but from your own desire, practice, and skill. You are the master of your type of weapon, the most skilled at wielding it of all of the people in even the longest memories and the oldest stories. While your companions' names are as famous as yours, theirs are associated with epic deed and amazing conquests, whereas your name cannot be mentioned without mentioning your preferred weapon. Your ability with your weapon is your defining skill, and for good reason: the ideal for any martial practitioner is to wield her weapon like you do. You are to your weapon almost as the most famous magical practitioners are to the spells that they created: others can mimic your style, but none can come close to matching it.
Your immortality is inextricably linked to your weapon, and history will always remember you and your weapon together.
Merging: Your endless hours of practice have bound your soul inextricably to your weapon. After your final battle, you realize that there is still more practice to do, more mastery to achieve. When you finally die, your soul cannot leave the weapon that it was bound with so closely in life. Perhaps your soul enters your weapon and creates a new artifact imbued with your personality and skill. Or, your soul flows into each weapon of your favoured type, and your mind lives on, subtly sharing your skill with those who wield your favourite weapon type.
All Weaponmasters have the following features.
- Superb Skill (21st Level): Choose one weapon group from the following: axe, flail, hammer, heavy blade, light blade, mace, pick, polearm, spear, staff, or unarmed. You gain the following benefits based on your chosen weapon group when wielding a melee weapon from that group.
Whenever you make a melee weapon attack targeting AC using your chosen group, you may instead target Reflex (if your chosen group is axe, flail, heavy blade, light blade, polearm, spear, or unarmed) or Fortitude (if your chosen group is hammer, mace, pick, or staff).
You gain a benefit based on your chosen weapon group, while making melee attacks using a weapon from that group:
- Axe: You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Constitution modifier against targets that are immobilized, slowed, or prone.
- Flail: You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Dexterity modifier with powers that slide the target.
- Hammer: You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Constitution modifier against objects and enemies with the construct keyword.
- Mace: You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Constitution modifier with powers that daze or stun the target.
- Heavy Blade: You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Dexterity modifier with opportunity attacks.
- Light Blade: You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Dexterity modifier against enemies that are granting combat advantage.
- Pick: You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to the higher of your Constitution or Dexterity modifier against enemies that are larger than you.
- Polearm: You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Wisdom modifier against enemies that are not adjacent to you.
- Spear: You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to the higher of your Dexterity or wisdom modifier while charging.
- Staff: You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Wisdom modifier against enemies whom you have hit with an attack since the beginning of your previous turn.
- Unarmed: You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Strength modifier against adjacent enemies that you are grabbing, that are grabbing you, or that you have marked.
- Exceptional Power (21st Level): You increase your Strength by two. You increase another ability score based on your chosen weapon group: Constitution (if your chosen group is axe, hammer, mace, pick, or unarmed), Dexterity (if your chosen group is flail, heavy blade, light blade, pick, spear, or unarmed), or Wisdom (if your chosen group is polearm, spear, staff, or unarmed). If your chosen weapon group is under multiple ability score groups, you may choose which score is increased.
- Specialized Skill (24th level): Choose one weapon in your chosen group. That is your chosen weapon, and you gain a +3 proficiency bonus to attack rolls made with it. In addition, you gain the following benefits based on your chosen weapon group:
- Axe or Pick: You can score a critical hit on a roll of 18, 19, or 20 when attacking with your chosen weapon, and your chosen weapon gains the Brutal 1 property while you wield it.
- Flail, Polearm, or Spear: You gain +1 reach with your chosen weapon.
- Hammer or Mace: A number of times per encounter equal to the lower of your Strength or Constitution modifier, when you daze an enemy using your chosen weapon, you may choose to stun the enemy for the same duration. Enemies take a -3 penalty to saving throws against dazing effects that you inflicted with your chosen weapon.
- Heavy Blade, Light Blade, Staff, or Unarmed: You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with your chosen weapon.
- Ultimate Skill (30th Level): Thrice per day, while you are wielding your chosen weapon, you may reroll one attack or damage roll made with your chosen weapon, or make an enemy reroll an attack or damage roll against you.
|Soul-Bonded Weapon||Weaponmaster Utility 26|
|Your body may be finished, but your weapon isn't.|
|Trigger: You die while wielding your chosen weapon|
|Effect: Your chosen weapon rises from your body and continues battling. You remove any temporary conditions and penalties from yourself. Until the end of the encounter, your weapon may move and make attacks as if you were wielding it. It may not make any attacks that use or require a weapon or implement other than itself, it cannot use magic item powers and effects other than its own, and it cannot be targeted by any attacks or take any damage or ongoing effects. At the end of the encounter, if your body is not destroyed, your weapon returns to your body (moving at speed fly 10 (hover) towards it by the shortest route), and you return to life with a number of hit points equal to your healing surge value.|