From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Koldron and welcome to D&D Wiki. I hope you have been enjoying D&D Wiki and I hope you have been finding the information here useful. Before you start contributing it is recommended you make sure your user preferences match your preferences. I am an admin (and, actually, the owner as well). Everything relating to admins can be found here.
If you have any questions about a specific page please ask it on that pages talk page. All other questions should be asked to another; user, admin, or me, the owner (ask me a question).
Formatting on D&D Wiki (or any wiki for that matter) can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Again, if you have any questions about formatting on D&D Wiki please ask them as, I imagine, anybody will be more than happy to help you get them answered.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I am sure you will find it rather nice. Most discussions take place on content talk pages, however please feel free to ask specific D&D-related questions on DnD Discussions. Anyway, possibly since discussions are never deleted, people try to be nice. This means follow Wikipedia's guidelines on civility and etiquette when discussing anything. Also, on a pretty different note, to ensure people know who posted what, please sign your name after a post with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon (). This will automatically produce your name and the date. Anyway, I hope you come to enjoy D&D Wiki and the community and welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Green Dragon 00:03, 23 December 2010 (MST)
Hey, I was just glancing at the recent changes and I noticed you moved and deleted your race, then moved it back. If you're having trouble getting things to work right, leave me a message on my talk page and I can help you out. --Badger 17:50, 31 October 2010 (MDT)
- The reason why i deleted it was because i found out someone already did that race so i thought it was pointless. and yea i'm new to this. so i am having trouble with making spreate pages that don't lead to my user page -.- --Koldron 8:07 pm, October 31 2010
- Alright, so, what are you trying to do exactly? We have a lot of preloads on this site, so if you want to write a class you just type in the name in a certain field and it automatically makes the page, and then fills it with the (blank) tables for your class. Same with races, too! If you decide your race is different enough that you still want to include it, you can make what is called a "variant". We have tons of those, because almost everyone has an opinion on how to create certain classes or races. --Badger 18:12, 31 October 2010 (MDT)
- Okay but for now i'm am just putting Character that i made up on the site. I'm not really sure what i want to put up right now. although i'll be thinking of a race to make and when i do maybe you could help me set it up on the site? If so that would be great. Sorry if i'm spelling stuff wrong -.-' my grammar sucks and sometimes i can't spell things right. but i do double check so if i spell anything wrong let me know. Thanks :) --Koldron 9:55 pm, October 31 2010
- Sure thing. It's pretty easy. If you want to make a 3.5e race, just click here and type in the name of the race. Be sure to leave (3.5e Race) at the end of the name. I assume you're working on 3.5e, as that's what your other race was. If you want to make a 4e race there is a different pre-load to use. If you have any other questions, just leave a message on my talk page and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Also, since it looks like you're writing up some characters, you may want to check out this link, as it includes a preload for making NPCs. --Badger 21:09, 31 October 2010 (MDT)
- Heyy i was wondering if you could check out the new race i made. If you think any changes should be added plz let me know and i will fixx them and if you think this race deserves a ACL or ECL plz add it to what you think is nessary. thank you :) i really appreciate if you could look at this. --Koldron 2:32 am, November 6 2010
- I assume you mean Ran-Natos. Uhh, first impression is it's too strong. I think you might consider doing a monstrous HD ECL adjustment, rather than LA. Personally, I hate LA/ECL adjusted races, so I don't know a lot about how to balance them, but I think giving it 2 or maybe even 3 HD could do it. Again, this is just a first impression, quick glance. I'll look over it more tomorrow and come up with a better plan. --Badger 00:39, 6 November 2010 (MDT)
- I agree with you on hating LA/ECL characters, i don't really like them but i tried to even it out because i don't want to make my race OP. I tries to balance out everything, especially with the ability modifiers. If you add up the totals the get a +6 bouns aswell as a -6 effect so there even. i baced the ability modifiers on how the race acts and survives not to which class it favors cause it will favor any class but Monk. I'm a little confused about HD personally so maybe you could do that part for me? and if theres anything you don't understand about the race just let me know and i'll explain it to you. --Koldron
- Alright, so I'm a little fuzzy on HD rules, but from what I remember, here is what you should do: Give them 2 HD of this monstrous race. That is to say, give them 2d12 HP (I would consider making that 2d8, since he's a monstrous humanoid as far as I can tell) and skills and feats as if he was level 2. That means give him a feat (Something like Endurance should be fine), and skills equal to (2+Int modifier)*5 (or just give him 10 and give out racial bonuses to skills as you see fit). Then you'll need to give him +3 on reflex and Fortitude saves, and +2 BAB. This will mean when you play, for example, a level 1 fighter Ran-Natos, you are ECL 3. It means he essentially has 2 levels of "Ran-Natos" which gives him all that BAB, Saves, Skills, and other things like increased speed and natural armor. You also may want to change the natural armor to +2, I'm not sure. Hope this clears things up. This will make him an ECL +2 race. I think this accomplishes what you want to do, while keeping it from being OP. You may want to just leave a comment on the talk page too. --Badger 18:06, 6 November 2010 (MDT)
- It kindda makes sence i'm not really getting it. could you do it foe me cause i'm lost except for the HD. --Koldron 8:15 pm, November 6
- Essentially, add the following lines to your character summary:
- Racial Hit Dice: A Ran-Natos gets 2d8 Monstrous Humanoid Hit Dice. This grants them a feat, 10 Skill points, +3 on Reflex and +3 on Fortitude saves, and a +2 BAB.
- Ran-Natos have a +2 racial bonus on balance and tumble checks because of their tail. Also, their strong legs add another +2 to jump checks. Their colour scheme gives them a +2 to Hide checks.
- Essentially, add the following lines to your character summary:
- and remove the lines
- Racial Skills: Jump +6, Balance +4, Hide +2, Tumble +2: because of their tails, Ran-Natos have a +2 racial bonus to and balance checks. Also, their strong legs add another +2 to jump checks. The tail also adds +2 to Tumble checks. Thier colour scheme give them a +2 to Hide checks.
- Racial Hit Dice: Ran-Natos due to their muscular mass in thier body they get a 1D12 to thier additional HD.
- --Badger 18:39, 6 November 2010 (MDT)
- Oh now i understand haha i was having trouble visualizing that. thanks so much for helping me so i will add that. After i do then my race will be fine right? sorreh i'm really new to this v.v --Koldron 8:55 pm, November 6
- Mechanically speaking it will be a lot more balanced. I would recommend proof-reading the flavor text (I've not even looked at it). Also, one other note, are you typing out the date every time you sign your post? You can sign it by typing --~~~~ and it will automatically put your user name, and the date. You should also mention this to Ohgren, as he seems to have trouble with signing posts and it is really helpful. --Badger 19:00, 6 November 2010 (MDT)
okai will do :) -Koldron 19:02, 6 November 2010 (MDT)
Got an idea
Heyy Badger, i was wondering if i could add resistence to the race. like each coloure would get a different resisteance... i'm jus wondering what you would think baout it? eg. reds get fire resistane, greens get acid, blue is lighting. I was wondering if you could also suggest what resistance the browns, grays, and the purples would get. thanks so much if you replay :) -Koldron 13:04, 9 November 2010 (MST)
- I think you've got a lot going on with the race as it is. Adding more things to it would require you to raise the ECL even more, which would make is less practical. What I might suggest is turn your race into a creature. Make like a CR 3 or 4 monster that is just this race. You could throw on resistances, and other things, like poison, or breath weapons. Energy types include positive, negative, acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic; so brown gray and purple can be positive, negative and sonic, and you'll have covered the entire spectrum. --Badger 13:49, 9 November 2010 (MST)
- okay thanks for the help i was just wondering what you thought of it ^.^ although i want to keep this race so that it is playable for everyone who wants to try something new. So thank you for helping me out :3 -Koldron 13:05, 10 November 2010 (MST)