From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Crysis2, and welcome to D&D Wiki. I hope you have been enjoying this site, and I hope you have been finding the information here on D&D Wiki useful. I am an admin (and, actually, the owner as well) here on D&D Wiki along with a couple other people who make up "The Face" of D&D Wiki. An entire list of admins can be found here.
If you have any question about D&D Wiki, D&D, formatting on D&D Wiki, what day today is, or whatever, an admin will, many times, give the best answer. Please feel free to ask any admin any question (ask me a question!).
Formatting on D&D Wiki (or any wiki for that matter) can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain the basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Again, if you have any questions about formatting on D&D Wiki please ask them as, I imagine, anybody will be more than happy to help you get them answered.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I am sure you will find it rather nice. Most discussions take place on content talk pages, however please feel free to walk into The Tavern (our local chat room) and talk to some fellow D&D Wikians. Anyway, on D&D Wiki, possibly since discussions are never deleted, people try to be nice. This means please follow Wikipedia's guidelines on Civility and Etiquette when discussing anything. And, if an argument does arise, please use Wikipedia's Dispute Resolution to make sure everyone comes out happy. Also, on a pretty different note, to ensure people know who posted what, please sign your name after a post with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon. This will automatically produce your name and the date. Anyway, I hope you come to love the close-knit D&D Wiki community and welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Green Dragon 14:22, 12 November 2008 (MST)
Uploading Images for D20 Modern
Hey Crysis, I just noticed your comment in the Tavern. Let me see if I can help step you through the process:
- Click on "Upload File" which is accessible on D&Dwiki's left navigational pane in the toolbox subcategory directly under the search box.
- This will take you to the "other half of the wiki" to a page where you can click on a browse button, locate the file you wish to upload on your computer, and click upload. (note: you may be asked to log in. If so, just create an account with the same name and such as your D&Dwiki one as the MediaWiki is as safe and secure as this wiki).
- Now, keep in your mind (or via copy-paste) the name that the file was uploaded to. i.e. "Image:Example.jpg"
- Go to the page you are wanting to add the picture and open up the editing pane.
- Place the "image code" (example: [ image: IMAGENAMEHERENOSPACEFIRST.jpg ] - no space between words and single bracket. If this is confusing, find a page with a picture laid out the way you wish and size and copy that code into your new page and just change the image name to reflect your recently uploaded image.
Lots of minor things can be done to tweak where the image appears on the page layout wise, its size, and any subtext underneath it. I hope this helps. I may have misunderstood the question if this wasn't what you we're looking for. If so, sorry. Great work on your D20 Stuff by the way.12:33, 5 January 2009 (MST)
|I am giving Crysis2 this barnstar for consistently striving to make the D20 area of the wiki better by improving articles, correcting coding, and adding great D20 items. With his hard work, the D20 section will one day be as dynamic and vibrant as the D&D areas of the wiki. --Hooper, February 9th, 2009|
I'm sorry! I had somebody else testing wiki, and I was showing examples of how to edit pages... We used yours, but I didn't realize it actually saved the changes. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you? --jack 23:43, 30 March 2009 (MDT)
Gears of War
I saw you uploading some more to your GoW setting. Any ideas on what we could do to get our D20 Modern section of the wiki more active?23:23, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
If I had caught this before everyone started going to D20 Modern, I would have said to simplify the rules that apply to D20. I myself use the 3.5 D&D rules over the Modern rules as they are much less confusing. Now though, it seems like you guys have it under control. If you need any more help, I'm here!
I apologize for the embarrassment of the lack of correct formatting in my Half-Life setting. I am in the process of fixing this.
Hi Crysis2, please let me know if you intend to work on the Crysis setting any further. At the moment it is not in an even basically playable state so I have nominated it for deletion. Marasmusine (talk) 01:59, 31 March 2013 (MDT)