|Sci-Fi City , cat-meff (Source)
It is the near future and there are 7 known races in our galaxy. Each having their own world, culture, traditions and History. However, one thing is in common. They all have reached a ancient Space Station city known as "The Galactic Apex", a fortress like city that houses the High Council, a collection of highly regarded races that are in charge of keeping peace, protection and trade secure within the Galaxy. There are different sections to this fortress that house different styles of worlds, ranging from Council Chambers all the way to the Crimson Stronghold. The council has their own security and covert agents but sometimes, need freelance mercs to get the job done without connections coming back. The Merc HQ known as the "Drunk Irishman" is a bar that offers low-lives and people trying to make a name jobs and recruitment into some of the many merc companies through the galaxy.
The PCs will play a Merc Company (Named by either the GM or Players) will have 4-6 highly selected warriors to take on bounties and jobs and finding why they were given a strange orb that glows when it touches metal. At the same time of trying to earn a few credits and make history as the first official merc company to be given their Council Papers.
A world of spaceships, gunfire and seducing the local alien barmaid. Based loosley on the Space Dandy Anime and Guardians of the Galaxy Movie and Franchise .
Campaign Setting Information
- A quick look at how classes fit into the world and what roles they commonly find themselves in, intended as a supplement for existing player's handbook information.
- Various gear, goods, equipment and miscellaneous items available to characters.
- Supplemental information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses and practices of Psionic .
- Descriptions of how the various races figure into the world of Merc Ops and what place they have assumed in the geography and society.
- Societies & Organisations
- Notable Groups, Companies, and Organizations in Merc Ops.
- The different Backgrounds to choose from.
World of Merc Ops
- An examination of monsters and beasts in the world of Merc Ops and how they've adapted to the world.
- The World & Locales
- The world of Merc Ops and the planet cultures and peoples within it:
- The broad history of Merc Ops , divided into general eras.
- A quick look at common societal trends and laws found in the world of Merc Ops .
- Space Ships
- The different Space Ships categories into the different areas that they fall under .
Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of Merc Ops and the general world building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world. As well as a to-do list.
- Space Stations
- The different Space Stations through the world.
- Variant Rules
- Important rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in Merc Ops .
- Adventures & Tables
- Ideas for quests, dungeons, campaigns and conflicts. Also tables for random encounters and other things.