From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
Aquatic kobolds are seldom seen outside their mines, much like their surface-dwelling cousins—despite the fact that their broad tails make them exceptional swimmers. They dig constantly, always expanding their subterranean territory, and as a result frequently come into conflict with aquatic dwarves. Aquatic kobolds often hire mercenaries to fight for them, hiding behind their carefully constructed traps and other defenses and paying their defenders with the mineral wealth they uncover while expanding their warrens.
The life of an aquatic kobold is one of constant toil and fear. Some few kobolds seek peace of mind through personal power and boon companions. These rare individuals become adventurers.
Racial Traits: Aquatic kobolds have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –4 Strength, –2 Constitution.
- Humanoid (Aquatic, Reptilian): An aquatic kobold has the aquatic subtype. An aquatic kobold can breathe underwater. It cannot also breathe air unless it also has the amphibious special quality. An aquatic kobold can hold its breath outside the water for 2 rounds per point of Constitution. After that, it begins to suffocate.
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 of those of Medium characters.
- An aquatic kobold’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- An aquatic kobold has a swim speed of 40 feet. It can move through water at its swim speed without making Swim checks. It has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- +1 natural armor bonus.
- Light Sensitivity (Ex): Aquatic kobolds are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft (trapmaking), Profession (miner), and Search checks.
- Automatic Language: Draconic. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Common, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +0*.