Talk:Teddy Bear (4e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
A Few Issues
- The claw attack is missing its attack bonus.
- When a power is capable of recharging on a dice roll, it typically uses consecutive numbers for ease of use. In this case, since cute charm can recharge on three different values, it should recharge on a 4, 5, or 6.
Teddy Bear Shaman
- Its initiative modifier is missing.
- Its Perception modifier is missing.
- Quarterstaff: Small characters and creatures cannot use two-handed weapons unless the weapon has the small property, which the quarterstaff does not. I would recommend replacing this with a mace: it has the same damage as a quarterstaff and is used as a two-handed weapon by Small creatures.
- Cute spell has no listed range; also, whatever template you attempted to use (basic ranged maybe?) is not displaying properly. As mentioned above, this power should recharge on a 4, 5, or 6 for consistency and ease of use.
- Heal should recharge on a 5 or 6 for consistency.
Hope this helps a bit. --Dracomortis 13:14, 30 May 2009 (MDT)
- Well, I already resolved most of the issues, but the problem is that the Teddy Bear Shaman is a character who uses a staff to use magic, but the quarterstaff is the only "Staff" in 4e D&D. If somebody can homebrew a one-handed staff I'll apply it on theTeddy Bear Shaman.
- P.S.: I'm trying to make the Burst symbol. --chihuahua0 18:33, 30 May 2009 (MDT)
- It was an "A" for "Area" I guess. :) -- Sepsis 07:58, 31 May 2009 (MDT)
- Understandable. It always seemed odd to me that the staff gets its own weapon group, but consists solely of the quarterstaff, so I just made the short staff (simple weapon, one-handed, 1d6 damage), battle staff (military weapon, one-handed, 1d8 damage, has the versatile property), and long staff (military weapon, two-handed, 1d10 damage, has the reach property). Either the short staff or battle staff would be appropriate for a Small character, if you want to use them for the shaman. --Dracomortis 15:36, 31 May 2009 (MDT)
- Thanks! I'll use the short staff.
- Shamans use totems as implements, not staves. Marasmusine (talk) 01:09, 27 August 2013 (MDT)
Teddy Bear Ambusher
- The Teddy Bear Ambusher is missing its HP and Bloodied HP. --Io 09:11, 11 July 2009 (MDT)