Talk:Space Marine (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
I only see one problem this is d&d not halo plus there are no specifications to what a laser pistols or how much damage it can do plus the player would need ammo and unless you shoot arrows out of rifles where is the player going to find ammunition
- 1)This isn't a Halo character. 2) Energy weapons are located in the DMG. 3) The spacer archetype can make energy cells, the heavy archer migrates from energy weapons to medieval weapons, and the galactic wizard migrates to spellcasting. I'm not convinced this class is well balanced, but at least the OP has thought about it. Marasmusine (talk) 17:03, 22 October 2015 (MDT)
I find it a bit strange that a Space Marine would use magic of any sort. After all, isn't magic HERESY towards the God-Emperor of Mankind?
- I don't think it's intended to be a Games Workshop space marine. Maybe we should rename it. Marasmusine (talk) 13:22, 29 November 2016 (MST)
- This is 100% a GW Spehs Mehrine. It packs a Bolt Pistol, Bolter and Chainsword. That's a Goddamn Adeptus Astartes right there. FOR THE EMPRAH!
- In addition to that, it's worth pointing out that in 40K, there actually are Loyalist Psyker Astartes known as Librarians. (talk) 00:46, 2, September, 2017 (PST)
Rexzillagaming:This Class Is Balanced And Who Care If We Have Lasers Are D&D, "Three attacks and a grab bag of random powers is not a good sign." D&D Is Random You Fools!
- I don't mind the laser weapons as long as energy cells are carefully managed. At the moment, its easy to stockpile cells (although cell creation is a bit vague, do I just need a bit of ore and a friend with shocking grasp?) Marasmusine (talk) 10:16, 2 December 2016 (MST)
Rexzillagaming:If I Was Dm And A Player Is A Space Marine I Make So It That There Would Crash sites All Over The World.
I love the core idea of this class for many reasons. I do however, think it suffers from how it handles power cells. You have a lot of energy to start with, but have no reliable way to get them back, though I suppose a GM who'd let you play this would probably leave energy cells here and there. Still, this is a particular problem for the heavy archer and galactic wizard, as they still have major abilities that use energy cells. Now, they're supposed to not rely on energy weapons like the Spacer does, but they do still have abilities that drain through energy cells (such as the Heavy Archer's charged weapon). I'd probably give them a means of crafting energy cells, too, just not as easily as Spacers, and/or make these abilities rely on something other than energy cells.