Talk:Solar Flare (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
- You can't use anything from the book sandstorm as it is not OGL. You can't use Ten-Ap, the city Harrax, ect.--Milo High-Hill 22:49, 2 February 2011 (MST)
- This should be deleted as it is a breach of copyright.--Milo High-Hill 16:57, 12 March 2011 (MST)
- I don't own any of the books listed, but I would mention the above is incorrect; We're not allowed to plagiarize. Referencing existing material is fine so long as we're not presenting data comparable with the product's own. If it were true that we couldn't, then any mention of levels, experience, and so on would need to be stricken from the site, as that isn't OGL, either.
- A short, non-canon story made specifically for the weapon that all-but-names two characters and describes a fight an original creation was present in, is not protected by copyright, in my opinion.
- There are a lot of red-links that need cleaning, or pointing to their respective books, but so long as nothing has been directly copied (and judging by the way the text is presented and considering the burden of proof, I am not convinced that it is). If someone wants to adopt this, I say let them. --Jwguy (talk) 13:22, 28 December 2015 (MST)