Talk:Sentry Golem (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
I have no idea how to judge the price for this one, given it's limited trap-like nature and low HD, yet powerful golem immunities and endless magic missiles. Heeeeeeellllppp! -- Eiji 00:13, 13 May 2008 (MDT)
- There is no way of getting a price for a golem. All the others are based on... Well, god knows what. I've even asked for you over at GiantITP and they state there is no RAW method. If you want to, base it vaguely on the CR or even make it something like:
- Start with the amount of HD and multiply it by two thousand. (8000)
- Then, take the spell levels of the spells used to make it and multiply them by a thousand. I can't remember your spells and I'm on a bad connection, so I can't be bothered to look. Add that to the price.
- That makes the marketing price. For the creation price, half the market cost and then add material costs of like... I'uno, weight multiplied by material price per pound? Sure. Let's dig that.
- Actually, I'll just check yours. I actually made that up on the spot and it works on Clay Golems.
- Your spells cost total of 8000 (Magic Missile (1), Alarm (1), Lesser Geas (4) and Magic Mouth (2)) plus 8000 is equal to 16000 for creation. Then, you half it for 8000. You've already got costs for the materials, so creation cost is going to be 8500 gold and 620xp. --TK-Squared 18:03, 17 May 2008 (MDT)
- Excellent... thank you. -- Eiji 18:07, 17 May 2008 (MDT)