Talk:Gunlance (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
Why is everything a touch attack? they should be regular attacks. also the 2d6 blast thing should allow a reflex save. overall this is alot of things on 1 weapon. and the sweeping strike needs alot more clarification. what is a sweeping sstrike? is it 1 attack at your highest? is it multiple attacks? does it work with cleave/great cleave? or with pounce?the sweep ability should probably be a feat its self with EWP and possible weapon focus as pre reqs --Name Violation 21:40, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry, the touch attack was meant for just the shells. Added the reflex save. The sweeping strike was removed for simpicity, I intended it to just be like regular attacks but at an adjacent square, but worded it wrong. --Yiff Master 21:03, 20 August 2010
Notes and Questions
A few things, all just my personal opinions. Take them into consideration or ignore them, either one:
- Nomenclature: I notice you have drawn this from some external source (or so I assume, based on the legal disclaimer). Did they name the special attack "Wvyern's Fire"? If you're trying to maintain elements from the source material, that's cool, but if you came up with the name I'd consider changing it. In DnD, Wyverns have poison tail stings, not fire-breath. A totally minor thing, I know, but worth mentioning I thought.
- Yea, it's from a game about hunters, in that the dragons are almost all Wyverns, but are essentially the same. The name's been changed though. --Yiff Master 21:03, 20 August 2010
- "Reloading": Folding your weapon in half and reloading it should probably provoke an Attack of opportunity.
- Went ahead and changed it, I see that in hindsight... --Yiff Master 21:03, 20 August 2010
- Range increments:
- Normal: says has a "close" range increment. For spells, "close" means 25 feet + 5/level. I get the impression you want it to be a regular attack, not one with much range.
- Long: Is that 10' from the tip of the lance, or from your square?
- Scatter: what does "This type has 2 Shells" mean? (I suppose this applies to all 3 modes of fire)
- I removed the different types of shells for simplicity. Close was meant to be realative, I just worded it wrong, but thats moot. The number of shells is the number of time you can use your shelling ability before reloading. --Yiff Master 21:03, 20 August 2010
- Wyvern's Fire: Is this different from "Shelling"? if so, how much damage does it do, and how long is the recharge? Can you do normal shelling while the wyvern's fire is recharging?
- Yes, it is different from shelling, and you can use it while the Dragon's Fire is reloading. I also added a recharge to it. --Yiff Master 21:03, 20 August 2010
- The table: This is damage for use of the weapon as a standard lance, just regular melee attacks, right?
- Yes. --Yiff Master 21:03, 20 August 2010
- Ammo: Shells, or crystals, or whatever you shoot with this Gunlance. How much do those cost?
Ok, a lot of comments, and thoughts. Sorry about that. --Badger 22:33, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
- The cost for ammo is figured with the base cost. you do not expend ammo with uses, just "heat" them, thats why you reload. I appreciate the comments, otherwise it would remain broken. :) --Yiff Master 21:03, 20 August 2010
can someone slap a questionable balance template on this --Name Violation 03:48, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
- Hopefully the changes have fixed that, if not just post any more concerns. --Yiff Master 21:03, 20 August 2010