Talk:Chirask (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
So, this is my first PC race; I do have to say that I'm pretty pleased with it. However, I know that there may (probably) be some problems with the design still. Unfortunately, I have yet to try and incorporate a chirask character in a 4e game, but when I get to doing so, I'll let you know how it's going.
In the meantime, if you happen to find anything questionable, feel free to drop a line here. I'll get to it...eventually.
Yazdaeth 17:55, 23 August 2009 (MDT)Yazdaeth
- Okay, I've made some drastic changes.
- The natural weapon, natural armour, equipment requirements and tracking rules are gone since they were holdovers from the 3.5e simulationist style. Natural attacks and armor can be a customization choice since it's rather dependent on class role - see the gnoll's claw fighter feat to see how this can be done.
- Made versatile movement into a stance.
- Passive skill scores shouldn't be messed with, so changed compound eyes to be a bonus for a specific perception task.
- 4e already has rules for tracking, so simply made antennae a bonus to perception whilst tracking. Didn't want to repeat compound eye's +1 bonus so made it a reroll instead.
- Fiddled with the gaping bite power so that it's a minor action (racial powers with standard action tend not to be favourable compared to class powers - this is why so many racial powers are minor actions instead) and made the poison a secondary attack. Marasmusine 07:33, 26 March 2012 (MDT)