Talk:Bangaa (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This needs to be added to the correct LA racial page. --Green Dragon 14:17, 3 July 2007 (MDT)
Why do they have Draconic as an automatic language? If they have their own language, I'd suggest putting that in as the automatic language. On a sort-of related note, did you know that Hssiss is a type of big lizard thing in Star Wars? MorkaisChosen 12:26, 1 September 2007 (MDT)
- Yes, as a matter of fact I did, being an avid Star Wars fan. However, as Bangaa aren't actually given a distinct language in any of the Final Fantasy games in which they appear, I felt I could take some creative liberties in naming it. Hssiss seemed as good a word as any, given that it's evocative of reptiles and snakes.
As for the Draconic bit, you have a point there; I'll take that out.--18.104.22.168 14:10, 9 September 2007 (MDT)
- Scratch that; I believe I mentioned the fact that Hssiss uses the Draconic alphabet. Hence, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that they should be able to understand Draconic, seeing as how their own language is derived from it. Therefore, while no longer able to speak it, they can understand it.--22.214.171.124 14:14, 9 September 2007 (MDT).
The ability scores should +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Wis and -2 Cha. Always do ability bonuses or penalties in even numbers. Also, this race needs a higher LA in my opinion. --Watsyurname529 13:49, 27 October 2007 (MDT)
- Feel free to change the ability scores and the LA to make this more balanced as this was made by an IP. --Green Dragon 13:58, 1 November 2007 (MDT)
- I am philosophically opposed to LA. It cripples a character by gimping HP, saves, skill points, attack bonus...oh, about everything. And then there's Racial HD which serves only to catch them coming and going and make them pay twice for abilities. The best solution I've found is just to use Racial HD, with a decent skill set and saves and BAB done as appropriate for the race. Also, High Jump is cool and all, but doesn't belong as a racial ability--despite them being the only ones who get it in Tactics Advance. Really, it's a Dragoon Class Feature. Heck, it's *the* Dragoon Class Feature. Same thing with Breath Weapon.
- Drop Jump and the Breath weapon and put the Natty Armor to +3 or so with no ACP, and I'd call it three racial HD with d10 or so Full BAB, good Fort, and...4 skill points, maybe? Maybe an option to be an Ascetic and take a hit on BAB and HP, make the good save Will, and free casting levels in the first casting class you take. Just speculating on that point though. However, I'm serious about Jump, Breath Weapon, Natty Armor, and the resulting change to the HD and the removal of LA. Genowhirl 18:36, 11 December 2008 (MST)