Talk:B'er'den (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
What to change
What to change:
1. Curled B'er'den should be their own race.
- I setup the Curled as a secondary race a while ago, but after reading through the description more, I have to disagree. The curled are essentially just another form that a regular B'er'den can take, and isn't a new race anymore than a turtle becomes a new race when it hides in its shell. I think the way the page originally had Curled racial traits listed separately was confusing, so I made them all into one section. The Curled B'er'den page should probably be deleted. --Oneiros 09:34, 10 July 2006 (MDT)
2. The feats should be added to the feats lists on DnD Feats and links should link to them from this and and the soon to be Curled B'er'den page.
- 2.1 Each feat needs it own page, not 1 page for all 3.
3. Add both the B'er'den and the Curled B'er'den to 3.5e Races.
- See comment for point #1. --Oneiros 09:34, 10 July 2006 (MDT)
That's all I can see right now to change about this page. --Green Dragon 13:33, 12 June 2006 (MDT)
To promote searchability, this creature should have either Category: Monstrous Humanoid Races or Category: Aberration Races added to it at the bottom. I would, but it's locked. --Oneiros 15:16, 29 June 2006 (MDT)
These guys are just too weird. I made them Aberrations. --Oneiros 10:35, 12 July 2006 (MDT)
Could someone please wikify this??
Could someone please wikify this. I am un-locking it so someone can wikify it, the feats should not be here, seeing that their is already a special page just for the B'er'den feats, and the curled B'er'den needs to be it's own race. Someone please do this. --Green Dragon 04:26, 9 July 2006 (MDT)
- See my comments above in the What to Change section. --Oneiros 09:35, 10 July 2006 (MDT)
Spell Mimicry too powerful
This ability needs to be toned down. If the character takes a couple of the feats to gain more spell storage "slots", they essentially have a limited form of spell immunity, as they will almost always be able to automatically absorb spells aimed at them if they keep firing a spell at a target each round. The ability should only allow spell absorption on a successful save. Also note, the way the ability works, someone in the B'er'den's own party could fire a Wand of Magic Missles (caster level 1) at the character, and if the B'er'den is 9th level or more, he's mulitplying the wand's effect by a factor of five, and can do so every round. Sounds ripe for abuse. --Oneiros 11:09, 10 July 2006 (MDT)
Stepping on Product Identity?
I was just thinking - I believe the name "Beholder" is product identity for WotC, and can't really be used for Open Source (notice how the beastie is missing from the SRD?) I know some companies (mini manufacturers, for instance) just call them "Eye Tyrants" or something similar. Should this be modified here, along with the related racial feats? --Oneiros 10:40, 12 July 2006 (MDT)