Stiliuan (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
Stiliuans are monstrous humanoids with the upper body of a human, and the lower body of a spider.
|Size/Type:||Large Monstrous Humanoid|
|Hit Dice:||6d8+18 (45 hp)|
|Speed:||30 ft. (6 squares), climb 15 ft.|
|Armor Class:||17 (-1 size, +2 dex, +6 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14|
|Attack:||Claw +7 (1d6+2) or Bite +7 (1d4+2 plus poison)|
|Full Attack:||2 Claws +7 (1d6+2), Bite +2 (1d4+1 plus poison)|
|Space/Reach:||10 ft./10 ft.|
|Special Attacks:||spell-like abilities, poison, natural web|
|Special Qualities:||Darkvision 60 ft., Resistance to poison 5, tremorsense|
|Saves:||Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +8|
|Abilities:||Str 15, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 16|
|Skills:||Climb +16, Concentration +9, Hide +12, Listen +9, Move Silently +12, Spot +9|
|Feats:||Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative|
|Environment:||Underground, Warm forests|
|Organization:||Solitary, Pair, Nest (5-20)|
|Advancement:||6-12 HD (Huge)|
Stiliuans grow to be about 10 feet tall and 10 feet long. They usually weigh over 800 lbs. Stiliuans speak common and their own language: Stiliuanese.
Stiliuans prefer to lurk in the shadows near their prey, stun it with their web ability or attempt to poison it, and then finally move in for the kill.
Poison (Ex): A stiliuan that makes a successful bite attack may inject their target with poison as a free action once a day. The target must succeed of a fortitude save (Constitution based) or be paralyzed for 1d6 turns. Success negates the effects of the poison.
Web (Sp): A stiliuan may activate their web spell-like ability as a standard action once a day. Treat it like the eponymous spell.
Natural Web (Ex): Treat as the 2 level spell Web except it may be done at-will as a full-round-action, has a touch range instead of a medium range, and lasts 1 day / level.
Resistance to Poison (Ex): Stiliuans get a +5 to all saving throws against poison.
Tremorsense (Ex): Range 120 feet.
Skills: A Stiliuan has a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks. It has a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.
Culture and Lifestyle
Stiliuans generally live in caves and in warm forests and sometimes band together to form colonies with other Stiliuans. They are a carnivorous species who prefer to trap their prey rather than hunt them but it is not unheard of for some Stiliuans to go together in hunting packs to take down larger prey.
Finding Stiliuans in the wild can prove to be rather difficult as they are known to be very good at hiding their settlements and nests. But if one does come across one it is advisable to either leave a written message or to just simply leave as Stiliuans can be rather territorial and very protective of their nests.
Stiliuans as Characters
Stiliuan characters possess the following racial traits.
- +4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +6 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +6 Wisdom, +6 Charisma.
- Large size. –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
- A stiliuan's base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision.
- Racial Hit Dice: A stiliuan begins with six levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A stiliuan’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 9 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Climb, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot. Stiliuans have a +4 racial bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks. They also have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.
- Racial Feats: A stiliuan’s monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- Weapon Proficiency: A stiliuan is proficient with the Short sword, Shortbow, and all simple weapons.
- +6 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Bite (1d4), Claw (1d6).
- Special Attacks (see above): Spell-like abilities, poison, natural web.
- Special Qualities (see above): Darkvision 60 ft., Resistance to poison 5, Tremorsense.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Stiliuan. Bonus Languages: Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment 2