Sentient Construct (3.5e Creature Type)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Sentient Construct Racial Traits
- 2 Personality
- 3 Physical Description
- 4 Relations
- 5 Alignment
- 6 Lands
- 7 Language
- 8 Names
- 9 Vital Statistics
Sentient Construct Racial Traits
- +4 Strength, −2 Intelligence, −2 Wisdom, −2 Charisma
- Construct (Living Construct)
- Sentient Construct base land speed is 20 feet.
- Zero Empathy(Ex): -6 on all charisma based skill checks. (Exception: Intimidate)
- Fleshless (Ex): -6 on all dexderity based skill checks. (Exception: Balance, and Open Lock)
- Clunky (Ex): -6 on all armor check penelties. (Exception: Balance, and Climb)
- Tight Grip (Ex): +2 on grapple checks
- Slam: 1d6+STR MOD, melee, can be made immediately following a successful grapple or pin check.
- No Constitution score
- Low-light Vision
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
- Cannot heal damage on their own, except through the use of Craft Construct or Self Repair
- Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
- Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
- Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to less than 0 hit points. At 0 HP they are considered disabled
- Since it was never alive, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected.
- Because its body is a mass of unliving matter, a construct is hard to destroy. It gains bonus hit points based on size, as shown on the following table.
Table: Construct Size and Bonus Hit Points
Construct Size Bonus Hit Points Construct Size Bonus Hit Points Fine — Large 30 Diminutive — Huge 40 Tiny — Gargantuan 60 Small 10 Colossal 80 Medium 20
- Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry.
- Proficient with no armor.
- Constructs do not eat, sleep, or breathe.
- Favored Class: Fighter
Due to being a self aware construct they tend to break away from the rest of the constructs that it was once apart of. Genderless, they have few means of reproducing if for some reason a glitch causes them to have such a need. All sentient constructs have zero empathy which makes them horrible negotiators, liers, and sympathizers. Most have some sort of drive that causes them to become self away in the first place. Such drive is put up to the player or can be randomly chosen usuing the following table.
Need Percentage Wants Percentage To Reproduce 1-20% Power 1-20% To Destroy 21-40% Armor 21-40% To Assimilate 41-60% Magic 41-60% To Protect 61-80% Wealth 61-80% To Control 81-100% Friendship 81-100%
Sentient Constructs start off with normal iron bodies that will rust. Their bodies are made out of six different parts: the torso, head, legs, and arms. Each can be replaced at a price, or can be created with the feat, Craft: Construct. Each piece must be bought at a selected price, with the exception of the torso which costs 10% more than normal price. The set bonus for AC is not obtained until each piece is above or at selected level. For instance a Sentient Construct that has 4 pieces that are Silver, 1 piece Cold Iron, and the torso is Iron must spend 220gp to finish the set for silver in order for the AC Bonus from +2 to +3.
Set Name Cost (each) +AC Bonus (Natural) HP Hardness Set Price Iron 20gp +2 20 5 122gp Silver 200gp +3 30 8 1220gp Cold Iron 700gp +3 35 10 4270gp Steel 1000gp +3 40 10 Mithral 2,000gp +4 40 15 Adamantine 7,000gp +5 40 20
Sentient Constructs have no morality, no empathy, this allows for relationships to take long to develop. Most constructs would chose to abandon their companion if it meants prolonging their own life or accomplishing their need. Sentient Construct are bound to loyalty to the race of their creator and believe that all other races, excluding half-races, are inferior. See names for loyalty.
Sentient Constructs are typically lawful in a sense that they have their own code they follow which is typically different than that of common law. Sentient Constructs are almost never chaotic
Sentient Constructs can survive in most lands and environments with the exception of aquatic, when their body is made out of iron. Sentient Constructs can be crafted in almost any environment. The most hostile was the burning depths of Mt. Equinox, where a Fire Elemental Sorcerer created one out of sheer rock and was held together by magma. The construct didn't last long and in addition to it being Chaotic Evil it rampaged a Fireward before cooling off and dying. Most Sentient Constructs have been made out of iron since then.
The first two letters are short for where they were created and the number represents first the creator then which one they were. Examples: SO-1/04, would mean that the construct was created in the Sands of Oezania, by a human, and was the 4th made by those humans.
Table: Construct Names and Loyalty
Place of Birth Race Example of Name Sands of Oezania Humans SO-1/04 Dytherna Forest Elves DF-2/05 Korrith Mountains Dwarfs KM-3/09 Highfield Plains Gnomes HP-4/12 Forsworn Steeps Orcs FS-5/04
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age4|
|250 years||800 years||2000 years||+2d10 x 100 years|
|Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|5'10||+1d12||1000 lbs||× (1d4) lb|