Rust Devil (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Rust Devils were created when an individual devotes his life to making metal (or rocks/minerals) items at a forge takes the blessing of a crafting or smithing god and missuses the gift. Rust Devils fall into temptation to become the best smith and end up turning into a Rust Devil.
Rust Devils spend their time anywhere but are most commonly found around towns trying to hide what they have became. They will try to keep crafting weapons/armor but their curse makes it so if it can rust it rusts when they touch it.
A humanoid creature with metal limbs of some sort attached to his body (Extra arms, Spider Legs, Wings that sort of thing). Their height varies they can be from 5 feet to 10 feet tall depending on what limbs it has. They vary in weight but weigh more than most creatures of their size do to their metal limbs. their eyes typically become gold and their hair a dark silver. They are the best craftsman but when they finish the product it will rust. They are cursed to live forever and whatever they make will break. (Their limbs don't break because they are the gods original gift the ability to create complex machines)
They are respected by craftsman due to their dedication but also are avoided due to their curse. They get along with what ever race they once were and are enemies to whatever race they once were but they might change their opinions if they are old enough or went through an event (Background). They are respected by most war races but are revered by primitive races as a god most of the time.
They can be any alignment but are most often the Alignment their race they were before or Neutral.
They can live in any region but tend to stay in near cities if they aren't allowed in they will live outside of the town. They have also been known to replace their eyes with mechanical ones and living in caves so they can gather materials with ease.
They worship craftsman gods or gods of rust and decay.
Common and Infernal.
They are named after metal or gems.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity, +4 Intelligence, -6 Wisdom, -2 Charisma. +2 Con. because they are hardier then they once were, +2 Dex. They are great craftsman and are dexterous, +4 Int. they are smarter then most other races, -6 Wis. They have lost alot of their wisdom and are now prone to going insane as a mental scar given to them from the curse and the need for the limbs.
- Construct Demon
- Small, Medium, and Large: It can be any of the sizes depending on which race you choose as what your creature was before.
- Rust Devils walk speed is 40 (if they have metal legs if they are that of a spiders you get 50 walk speed and 40 spider climb. if horses 65 walk speed)
- Metallic Limbs: You gain metallic limbs that grant you bonuses: 2 Extra Arms you gain +2 strength or +2 Dex (Stacking on your already +2) (+1 Level adjustment), Extra legs +1 Level adjustment (Bonuses above). Wings: You gain fly speed of 50 1 Level adjustment. Tail: (can grant you swim speed 25 or climb speed 30 when climbing rocks and trees). Tendrils (total of 6) You gain a 1d4 natural attack for each and +2 on all grapples +1 Level Adjustment
- Spell-Like Ability: —. Caster level is . The save DC is -based.
- Psi-Like Ability: —. Manifester level is . The save DC is -based.
- Automatic Languages: . Bonus Languages: .
- Favored Class: .
- Level Adjustment:
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|