Rules (Kanto Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Higher capture rates mean Pokemon is easier to catch.
|Catch Rate Formula|
- HPmax: number of hit points the Pokémon has at full health
- HPcurrent: number of hit points the Pokémon has at the moment
- rate: catch rate of the Pokémon
- bonusball: multiplier for the Poké Ball used (1 for Poké Ball, 1.5 for great ball, 2 for ultra ball)
- bonusstatus: multiplier for any status condition the Pokémon has (2 for sleep and freeze, 1.5 for paralyze, poison, or burn, and 1 otherwise).
If a > 255, catch is automatically success. Otherwise...
- Shake Probability
b = 1048560 / sqrt(sqrt(16711680/a))
Divisions and square roots all round down to the nearest integer.
- Shake Checks
Random number between 0 and 65535 (inclusive) >= b -> check fails
Preform 4 more checks, if all four checks succeed then the pokemon is caught