Ring, artifact (requires attunement by a creature of neutral or evil alignment)
This ring is a single band of pure black. It has inscriptions in a foreign language. A DC 22 Intelligence (Investigation) check reveals that the words mean "The weak were born to be enslaved, the mighty were born to enslave." When attuned to this ring, the ring will not come off the finger of its wearer without the wearer's permission.
A very powerful demon was captured and stored into the ring, giving it its power. If a creature of good alignment attempts to put the ring on, the ring will magically become incredibly hot, dealing 6d8 fire damage. This damage ignores resistance and immunity.
Magic Item. This ring grants you a +2 bonus to AC as well as resistance to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage from nonmagical attacks. The Ring of Solomon also functions as a ring of mind shielding, a ring of spell storing, a ring of spell turning, a ring of x-ray vision, a ring of regeneration, and a ring of telekinesis.
Vitality. While wearing and being attuned to the Ring of Solomon you do not age and cannot be aged or put to sleep by magical effects.
Demon Imbued. While you wear the Ring of Solomon you gain the following benefits:
- Spells you cast are casted at one spell slot higher, up to 6th level. For example, if you cast a fireball using a 3rd level spell slot, you expend the 3rd level spell slot but it is cast as if you expended a 4th level spell slot scaling as appropriate.
- You have advantage on all Constitution saving throws made to maintain concentration on a spell that you have cast.
- Your spells cannot be countered or dispelled as long as you maintain concentration. In addition, your spells cannot be stopped by an antimagic field.
- You have mastered one 3rd level spell, two 2nd level spells and three 1st level spells that you know. A mastered spell does not expend a spell slot when cast at the level it is intended to be cast at. Mastered spells are not cast as if using one spell slot higher.
- You have advantage on death saving throws.
Random Properties. The Ring of Solomon has the following random properties:
- 2 minor beneficial properties
- 1 major beneficial property
- 2 minor detrimental properties
- 1 major detrimental property
Destroying the Ring of Solomon. The Ring of Solomon can be destroyed if it is struck by a weapon wielded by a solar during a solar eclipse.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Equipment → Artifacts