Radiation Born (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A radiation born is usually rough and determined they hate taking orders and don't take any abuse from anyone. They are often described as cynical or hateful and don't make many bonds often.
Radiation born are around 9 feet tall and sometimes 6 feet wide they are very variable in size however with some being 12 feet tall. Most weigh over a tonne but again this is variable and some have been recorded weighing 10,000 pounds. their body's are very dark black and they blend in perfectly with shadows this skin is covered with tiny purple veins and many small mouth like orifices that can breathe and talk. A radiation born can have multiple eyeballs anywhere on their body these eyes are always lack pupils and are pure white with no bloodshot. The skin of a radiation born is very bumpy and bubbly with new bumps appearing and disappearing daily. The teeth of a radiation born are always small and long and very brittle but they have thousands in every mouth and the teeth grow back quickly. The mouth like orifices talk uncontrollably at times and have many conversations with one another it appears that the radiation born only have full control over one mouth.
Radiation born are hated by many races and their appearance even haunts their friends no matter their intentions they are often attacked, ridiculed and hunted down. Creatures that are blind or caring may take a liking of them but because of the usual hate many of them simply do not care about friends and strive to do what they think is right regardless of what people think of them.
Radiation born who are lawful are considered an abomination to the race and are cast out chaotic alignments are the most common but lawful good radiation born are still around if you look hard enough.
Radiation born are very picky about the environment they make their permanent homes in preferring swamps, caves and jungle over forest, deserts and mountains.
Radiation born do pray to gods but they do it in private and consider it taboo to make the god the worship a known thing and keep everything about the god they own secret.
Every radiation born has at least 4 different mouths and up to 100 can be found on their body each mouth has a different voice and some of them can speak a few languages that others cannot.
Radiation born give themselves a name and make sure it is no more then 2 syllables long.
- -6 charisma -6 dexterity -4 wisdom +10 strength +4 intelligence +4 constitution : Radiation born are insanely strong and are known well for their brute strength but many are unaware that they possess a great intellect and are very intelligent they also have very strong bodies resistant to many things.
- SRD:Monstrous Humanoid Type : They are a monstrous humanoid creature.
- Large: -1 AC +4 bonus to bull rush, grapple, overrun, and trip special attacks -4 hide bonus (unless in darkness).
- Radiation born base land speed is 35 feet: in water a radiation born can dive at a speed of 80 feet.
- Nuclear blood (Ex): As they get more experienced the blood of a radiation born becomes more acidic. When cut there is a 9 in ten chance of the radiation born bleeding profusely and getting blood on the attacker they may choose if they want to bleed or not when cut. At level 1 the blood deals 1d4 acid damage for 1d4 rounds (Treat this acid as nuclear waste not just ordinary corrosive acid so creatures that are immune to acid are not immune to the blood of a radiation born) at level 5 it deals 1d6 damage for 1d4+1 rounds. At level 10 it can burn through weak objects and wood and deals 1d8+1 damage for 1d6 rounds. At level 15 it deals 2d6 damage for 2d4 rounds and can burn through most metal and stone.
- Bubbly skin(Ex): A radiation born takes 1/3 of the damage (rounded down) from slashing attacks and if they take more then 30 damage (after reduction) the part of the body that is chopped off becomes a separate diminutive creature that follows the orders of the radiation born and can deal one damage with a successful attack the creature can hold 1/2 of a pound and may survive for 2 hours the creature is treated as mindless but has 4 intelligence. When sleeping the radiation born will heal 3 hp for every hour slept and it will regrow any minor parts that have been chopped off.
- Immunity(Ex): Radiation and nuclear waste heals the radiation born twice as much as it would damage a normal creature. A radiation born has the Natural Immunity (3.5e Feat) from birth.
- Scary appearance(Ex): Anyone who can see a radiation born must roll a will save of DC 12 or become shaken the fear of the radiation born will stay with the person for 10d4 minutes after failing the check. If someone rolls a natural 1 on this check they will gain the coward flaw for 24 hours. This check must be made every 3 hours while nearby the radiation born if you have succeeded the check twice and happen to be travelling with the radiation born you get a +8 bonus on this check. Also the radiation born gets a +7 bonus to intimidation checks on creatures not immune to fear this bonus is always there no matter the charisma modifier the bonus for intimidation checks will always stay above +7.
- Living torch Every radiation born has a mortal fear and hate for fire. Simply seeing fire in ANY form they will become shaken and must roll a DC will save of 7 or become frightened if frightened they may choose to flee or attempt to extinguish the fire as quickly as possible without touching it. When by lava they will become shaken as well. Radiation born instantly Catch fire if they are exposed to any fire damage the damage taken from fire is tripled (same with lava). If the radiation born takes more then 30 damage from a explosion they must make a fortitude save of DC 12 or catch fire. Extinguishing a radiation born is much more difficult then extinguishing a normal person and they will often have to be submerged in water completely or hit by a cold spell of some sorts such as SRD:Cone of Cold . After being burned the radiation born is shaken for 2 hours. Radiation born will always be slightly afraid of creatures and races that are known to breathe fire such as dragons. When killed by fire the radiation born will splatter bits of itself in a 15 foot radius and explode in a storm of blood. A cut off part of a radiation born is a better fire-starter then gasoline.
- Blabbering:(Ex) Radiation born have little control over most of their mouths they often speak their mind and make people uncomfortable thus giving the radiation born a -4 to bluff and hide checks. However this means that they cannot be gagged without careful gagging of every single mouth. Some mouths learn languages that others cannot speak and because each mouth has a slightly different personality and voice a radiation born can hold many conversations at once giving them a +1 to knowledge checks and an additional language that some of the mouths may speak.
- Age A radiation borns maximum age is infinte if they have acsess to radiation every few years they can live as long as they choose.
- Automatic Languages: Radi (Gibberish language that radiation born mouths murmur constantly) Common and Terran +1 extr . Bonus Languages: Any non secret (However some uncontrolled mouths may speak secret languages)
- Favored Class: Any with higher then d4 hit dice.
- Level Adjustment:+1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||100 years||150 years||+∞ years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8'11"||+3d20||lb.||× 3000 +20d20 lb.|