Ivalician Moogle (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Ivalician, or Katakana Moogles, are an offshoot of the original cait sidhe moogles. Being one of the more changed of the races, the Ivalician Moogles have more of a scruffy, jackrabbit look. Though they do have some features of the original moogle species, they tend to have longer bonbon antennae, along with rabbit-like ears. Ivalician Moogles tend to have scruffier fur, more of along the lines of a cat (than a squirrel, dog, or mink), and tend to be lighthearted humorists. They have an affinity with crafts, and tend to be wiser than the other moogle races, but do have their moments of true “Mooglyness.” They usually have red wings and a red bonbon. Also, they have great skill in manipulating and creating dexterous objects, and are thus good shots at archery along with being master metal-crafters.
Ivalician Moogles tend to be more of the shy or cheery type.
They usually have medium-weight frames, they are not really wirey or skinny, and are never fat.
Ivalician Moogles usually like to have good relations, because they are small and comparatively weak.
Ivalician Moogles are usually of the good or neutral alignments, but tend to go into evil if they have had a bad past.
Ivalician Moogles are from the continental island of Ivalice.
Ivalician Moogles usually speak Sylvan and Common. Though, they typically finish their sentences with "kupo", a frequent moogle expression.
Also called “Moguri,” “Mogli,” combo of the words “mogura” (Mole) and “Koumori,” (Bat).
The names of moogles are generally of the same area, in which they all may have. However, some species of moogle are more choose certain names than others. It is almost random to say what exactly are moogle name mechanics, but generally is a 1 word name. There are many instances, however, which contradict this as well. However, some exemplary moogles seem to have "playful" names taken from food or music such as Montblanc (a candy) or Hurdy (half of the name of the Hurdy-gurdy musical instrument).
- -4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence +2 Charisma: Ivalician Moogles are fast, and strong in both mind and wit. However they are the smallest of moogles and not very strong.
- Fey (Moogle)
- Small: As a Small creature, an Ivalician Moogle gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): An Ivalician Moogle can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of shadowy illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Ivalician Moogle base land speed is 30 feet. Ivalician Moogles have a hover (good maneuverability) speed of 40 feet.
- Bon-Bon: An Ivalician Moogle loses all spell-like abilities if his bonbon is removed. His base speed is lowers to 20 feet, and his hover speed lowers to 30 feet.
- Gain Skill Focus in a Craft or Profession as a bonus feat.
- Mechanical Genius: Ivalician Moogles get +2 bonus on checks to notice unusual or hidden mechanical devices, as well as identifying their function. Things that aren't actually mechanical but are hidden by some sort of mechanical means also count towards this. Ivalician Moogles can also search for any sort of mechanical trap as if they were a rogue (non-magical traps only). Lastly a moogle who examines any sort of mechanical device can get a general idea of it's sophistication, purpose, and the skill level of the person who made it.
- +2 to Listen checks. Ivalician Moogles have big rabbit-like ears and keen hearing.
- −4 to Disguise checks. Moogles aren't built like other creatures, making disguising themselves as anything else other than another moogle, much more difficult.
- Weapon Familiarity: Ivalician Moogles treat guns (muskets and pistols for example) as martial weapons.
- Magical Affinity (Su): The Ivalician Moogle gains bonuses in a school of magic of his choice. The DCs of the spells and spell-like abilities of this chosen school increase by +1 and their caster level is treated as +1. He also gains +2 to all saves against spells of this chosen school.
- Metal Cunning (Ex): +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual metal work. +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks that are related to metal items. +2 racial bonus on Craft checks related to metalworking.
- Spell-Like Ability: At will—arcane mark, mage hand, mending. Caster level is equal to character level. The save DC is Intelligence-based.
- Spell-Like Ability: 2/day—detect magic, identify. Caster level is equal to character level. The save DC is Intelligence-based.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day—repair light damage. Caster level is equal to character level. The save DC is Intelligence-based.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Paladin, Artificer, Wizard, Targetter (Fighter kit focused on ranged attacks. See http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Base.pdf for details). Must be chosen at level 1.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|180 years||273 years||750 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1' 10"||+2d6||40 lb.||× 1 lb.|
|Female||1' 8"||+2d6||35 lb.||× 1 lb.|