Medium humanoid (human), chaotic evil
Armor Class 25 (cloak of the witch queen)
Hit Points 405 (411 with false life) (30d8 + 210)
Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft.
Saving Throws Dex +16, Con +16, Wis +12
Skills Acrobatics +16, Athletics +9, Arcana +18, History +18, Insight +12, Nature +18, Perception +12, Religion +18
Damage Resistances acid, cold, fire
Damage Immunities lightning, poison
Condition Immunities charmed, frightened, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., truesight 60 ft., passive Perception 22
Languages Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic, Infernal
Challenge 30 (155,000 XP)
Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If Iggwilv fails a saving throw, she can choose to succeed instead.
Permanency Spells. Iggwilv has the following spells always in effect unless she chooses them not to be: darkvision, true seeing, arcane sight, fly, and tongues.
Gift from Death. Iggwilv is able to cast spells from the cleric spell list in addition to the wizard spell list.
Greater Contingency. Iggwilv has the following spell in effect through greater contingency: resurrection.
Contingency. Iggwilv has the following spell in effect through contingency: greater restoration.
Worn Equipment. Iggwilv has the following pieces of equipment attuned to her: cloak of the witch queen, belt of battle, robe of the abyss and boots of swiftness.
Cloak of the Witch Queen. The cloak of the witch queen has the following properties:
- Magic Item. The cloak of the witch queen is a magic item that grants a +3 bonus to AC while worn. The cloak also functions as a ring of protection, ring of spell storing, ring of djinni summoning, ring of arcanum (very rare version; 6th level), robe of the archmagi amulet of the planes and ring of free action. When Iggwilv the Witch Queen is attuned to this item, she is allowed to make an additional attunement to another magic item.
- Power of Mind and Will. While attuned and wearing to this item, your Intelligence and Charisma scores are each increased by 4 to a maximum of 24. When Iggwilv the Witch Queen is attuned and wearing her cloak, her Intelligence and Charisma scores are each increased by 6 to a maximum of 28 and cannot be lower than 25.
- Vitality. While wearing this cloak, you are immune to effects that reduce your hit point maximum. In addition, you have an additional 2 hit points per hit die (included in the hit points).
- Random Properties.
- 2 minor beneficial properties
- 1 major beneficial property
- 2 minor detrimental properties
- 1 major detrimental property
Belt of Battle. The belt of battle has the following properties:
- Take the Initiative. While attuned and wearing the belt, you have advantage on initiative rolls.
- Exertion. The belt of battle has 3 charges and regains 1d4-1 expended charges daily at dawn. While wearing the belt you can use a bonus action and expend 1 or more charges to cause any of the following effects to take place:
- Move (1 charge): you can take an additional 15 feet of movement on the turn you use this feature.
- Reaction (2 charges): you can take an additional reaction this round but it must be taken before the start of your next turn.
- Action (3 charges): you can take an additional action. The additional action can be any of the following: Hide, Dodge, Move, Dash or one additional attack. If the additional attack is a ranged attack, the ranged weapon must either be loaded and/or you must have the ammunition to use it. If the additional attack is a spell attack, the spell attack must be a cantrip. This additional action must be taken the turn you use this feature.
Boots of Swiftness. The boots of swiftness have the following properties:
- Dexterous. While wearing these boots, you have advantage on Dexterity saving throws.
- Quick Footed. While wearing these boots, your walking speed is doubled.
- Evasive. When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage while wearing these boots, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.
- Peak Condition. While wearing these boots, you have proficiency in the following skills: Athletics and Acrobatics.
- Haste. As an action, you can be under the effect of the haste spell. While under the effect of the haste spell from this item, your walking speed is not doubled again but all other speeds are as normal. You must maintain concentration for this effect to remain active and it lasts up to the duration of the spell. You can use this feature again after 8 hours.
Robe of the Abyss. The robe of the abyss has the following properties:
- Demon Blood Shielding. When wearing this robe, you have immunity to lightning and poison damage as well as the poisoned condition. In addition, you have resistance to acid, cold and fire damage.
- Veil of Evil. While wearing this robe, you are permanently under the effect of the protection from evil and good spell. In addition, you understand Abyssal and Infernal.
- Familiar. As long as you wear this robe, you have a quasit familiar. His name is Black Comet.
Spellcasting. Iggwilv is a 20th level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 28, +20 to hit with spell attacks). Iggwilv can cast false life* and misty step at will and has the following wizard spells prepared.
Cantrips (At will): mage hand, mending, prestidigitation, true strike, ray of frost
1st level (4 slots): grease, magic missile, shield
2nd level (3 slots): blindness/deafness, tasha’s hideous laughter
3rd level (3 slots): magic circle, fear, counterspell
4th level (3 slots): dimensional anchor*, greater invisibility, stoneskin*, banishment
5th level (3 slots): dominate person, mislead, greater restoration
6th level (4 slots): chain lightning, disintegrate, flesh to stone, contingency
7th level (2 slots): forcecage, finger of death, resurrection
8th level (1 slot): maze, mind blank*, greater contingency
9th level (1 slot): gate, shapechange, time stop, wish
*Iggwilv casts these spells on herself before combat.
Multiattack. Iggwilv makes 2 Arcane Fire attacks and casts a spell of 1st level or higher from her spellcasting feature.
Arcane Fire. Ranged Spell Attack: +20 to hit, 60 ft. range, one creature. Hit: 23 (4d6 + 9) fire damage. This attack ignores fire resistance and immunity.
The Witch Queen can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The Witch Queen regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
Cantrip. Iggwilv casts a cantrip.
Check (Costs 2 Actions). Iggwilv casts a spell of 5th level or lower.
Checkmate (Costs 3 Actions). Iggwilv casts a spell of 6th level or higher.
|Iggwilv, planning her domination of evil[]
Beloved and hated of Graz'zt, Matriarch of Diabolists, Mother of Iuz, Daughter of Baba Yaga, Apprentice of Zagig, the Witch-Queen of Perrenland and author of the Demononmicon, Iggwilv currently dwells with her apprentices in the Grey Wastes of Hades. Iggwilv is an archmage, her apprentices, arcanaloths, and her guard dogs linnorms, so her privacy is impressive.