Iaijutsu Master, Variant (5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
Iaijutsu Master, Variant
Prerequisites: Dexterity 15 or higher
You have chosen to focus speed above all else, this aspect is reflected in your fighting style.
- You may add your Proficiency Bonus to your Initiative checks.
You gain a unique attack option called a Quick-draw, or Iaijutsu, granting you the following benefits:
For the purposes of this feat, a sheathed weapon refers to any weapon not currently drawn. At the DM and player's discretion an actual sheathe may be used instead, possibly creating additional benefits and/or limitations.
- If you attack a creature in the same turn that you draw a melee weapon, your first attack may either gain advantage on the attack roll or add half your Initiative modifier, rounded up, to the damage roll.
- A Quick-draw requires a melee weapon with the light, finesse, or versatile property, and two free hands to perform the attack.
- You must have a higher initiative than the creature you are attacking to perform a Quick-draw.
- If the conditions for a Quick-draw are met, while your weapon is sheathed, other creatures, that you are aware of, provoke an opportunity attack from you when they enter your reach.
- This opportunity attack must use your sheathed weapon. You may draw your weapon as part of this attack, but do not gain addition benefits of a Quick-draw.
- As part of the final attack on your turn, or after a Quick-draw opportunity attack, you may choose to sheathe that weapon immediately after attacking.