Hross (Pathfinder Race)
From D&D Wiki
Hrossa (11 RP)
Called "Otterfolk" in Common, Hrossa are social agrarian creatures who live near rivers and lakes and love poetry and song.
Hrossa look like giant bipedal otters, with slick black fur and bullet shaped heads and webbed paws for hands and feet. They do not wear clothing, but often wear bandoliers or satchels to carry various items with them including food and drink. Their big black eyes seem expressionless to the uninitiated, but actually show a broad range of emotions once you learn to interpret them.
Hrossa seem very primitive at first glance. They do not build structures or use tools, they have no metallurgy or even pottery. They use the shells of giant clams as cups, bowls, and pots, and the meat of those clams is the only meat they eat. They mostly survive on vegetables which they farm communally. But if you live among them you will soon learn that they do not live this way because they have never thought better of it, but by choice. They have a deeper understanding of the world and its history than most, and have chosen as a culture to live simply, taking pleasure in stories and poems and songs rather than in pursuit of wealth or technological progress.
Hrossa are curious, some would say nosy, and wish to know everything about any new race they encounter. They get along very well with the elves, who share their love of story and song and are only too happy to share their history.
Alignment and Religion
Hrossa tend to be Neutral Good or Chaotic Good. They worship Maledldil who created the worlds.
Most Hrossa take at least one level of Bard, even those who do not go on adventures. The singing of stories is a sacred tradition to the Hrossa and all partake in it to some degree. However, Druids and Clerics are also not uncommon among the Hrossa, and their curious nature means they often take to adventuring to find new stories to tell.
Hross Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, −2 Intelligence: The Hrossa are lithe and supple in body. They are deep into story and nature, but leave higher intellectual pursuits to the Seroni.
- Outsider (native, extraplanar [Malacandrian]): Hrossa are native to Malacandra, a world in another Material plane. They came to our world with the aid of the Seroni.
- Medium: Hrossa receive no size bonuses or penalties
- Natural Armor +2
- Normal base land speed: 30 feet. Swim speed 30 feet (+8 racial bonus to Swim checks).
- Hold Breath (Ex): May hold breath for CONx4 rounds without risk of suffocating or drowning.
- Bonus Feat: Skill Focus (Perform [any one])
- Automatic Languages: Malacandrian. (Hrossa prefer their native tongue, believing it the best for poems and songs.)
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|125 years||188 years||250 years||+2d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 9"||+2d10||230 lb.||× 7 lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+2d10||210 lb.||× 7 lb.|