Sorn (Pathfinder Race)
From D&D Wiki
Seroni (14 RP)
Called "Highwalkers" in Common, Seroni are intelligent giants who dwell high in the mountains and study the stars.
Seroni grow to between 13 and 16 feet tall, and look mostly humanoid. They are very thin, and almost appear to have been stretched vertically. Their arms and legs are much longer proportional to their torso than most humanoids. They are covered from head to wrists and ankles in a white almost feathery coat that does a spectacular job of keeping out the cold, and their seven-fingered-hands and feet are skin on bone like a bird's. They do not wear clothing. They have beady black eyes that seem too small for their form.
Seroni are solitary creatures, each Sorn living in its own cave or tower high in the mountains. Occasionally you will find a cluster of up to five caves or towers in near enough proximity for socialization, but even then such socialization is rare. Most Seroni spend their time on intellectual pursuits, usually studying the stars but sometimes studying other things such as biology or history. Seroni live on foraged vegetables, and cheese made from the milk of a giraffe-like creature that they sometimes herd.
Seroni are generally amicable and get on well with most races, though they still prefer to keep to themselves. They have a particular affection for gnomes, who remind them of the Pfifltriggi back home.
Alignment and Religion
Seroni are mostly Neutral or Neutral Good. They worship Maleldil who created the worlds.
It is rare for a Sorn to go adventuring. Most do not take heroic class levels, content to sit in their mountain homes and practice their studies. However, a Sorn may have a study in mind that requires travel, and such a Sorn may take to adventuring in pursuit of this knowledge. Seroni who take heroic class levels are primarily Wizards or Alchemists, though other classes are possible.
Sorn Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, −2 Dexterity, −2 Wisdom: Seroni have the strength and slowness of Giants, and are concerned more with high intellectual pursuits than with esoteric wisdom.
- Outsider (native, extraplanar [Malacandrian]): Seroni are native to Malacandra, a world in another Material plane. They came to our world with the aid of magic.
- Large: –1 size penalty to AC, –1 size penalty on attack rolls, +1 on combat maneuver checks and to CMD, –4 size penalty on Stealth checks, 10 foot space, 10 foot reach.
- Normal base land speed: 30 feet.
- Cold Resistance (Ex): Resist Cold 5
- Bonus Feat: Endurance
- Automatic Languages: Common, Malacandrian. (Seroni on Malacandra do not learn Common.)
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|150 years||200 years||250 years||+6d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||14' 0"||+2d12||520 lb.||× 5 lb.|
|Female||13' 6"||+2d12||490 lb.||× 5 lb.|