Weapon (Glaive), artifact (requires attunment by a lawful character)
The unknown hero riding to battle with the Green Serpent.
It is said that during the old times of war, an unknown hero rose to battle with his great mastery over the martial arts. The hero needed a great weapon to match his abilities, a weapon that when he use it the heavens and earth bow to his abilities.
When he heard the story of the weapon that was made by a blacksmith forging the blade when suddenly a green serpent passed by. The serpent was cut up and the body became part of the pieces therefore making the weapon a magical weapon. After he obtained the weapon he immediately felt the connection between them, and from that day on he never wielded any other weapon.
Magic Weapon. Green Serpent is a magic weapon that grants a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it. The glaive also functions as a scimitar of speed and wind cutter.
Monk Heritage. If you are a monk that is attuned to the weapon, you gain the following features:
- You gains proficiency with a glaive while you are wielding this weapon.
- You gain the ability to wield this weapon with one hand, but while so you can't use any weapons or shields with the other hand.
- You gain a long, thin beard with a long, thin mustache that you feel obliged to slide your hand through it.
Lawful Warrior. If you are a lawful character that is attuned to the weapon, you gain the following features:
- You gain the resistance against being charmed or frightened.
- You can spend a bonus action to sense if a person is evil or not.
- You are forced to defend the innocent and the weak specially on the battle field.
Random Properties. The Green Serpent has the following random properties:
- 3 minor beneficial properties
- 2 major beneficial properties
- 2 minor detrimental properties
- 1 major detrimental property
Destroying the Green Serpent. If you are a monk, then you can spend 2 Ki Points, you can render the weapon as nonmagical for 1 day. If you want to destroy the weapon, then you must spend 20 Ki Points and spend 24 hour meditating at a monk monastery to turn the weapon into ash. There are no other means of destroying this weapon.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Equipment → Artifacts