Florians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Florians are extremely kind, and are very open and inviting to those of other races. They are often quiet and aren't that willing to stand up for themselves, but are very caring and protective of their family, and if have to fight, will fight fiercely. They, surprisingly, run many stores and bars. They often work themselves into poverty to help others.
Florians are humanoid races that are completely made out of plants, they are covered in leaves with a simple face, little-to-no detail. They have a fully-functioning system of plant organs, and a heart that pumps sap through their veins. This sap is fatal to most races. They are almost completely green except for females, that have a large flower growing out the top of their head, and males, that have several small flowers growing out of their head. The flower on females changes depending on the season. It produces fruit in summer, flowers in all others, even winter. The females also have a flowing dress of leaves over their legs. They are female 85% of the time, and are male 15% of the time. They are quite short, only 4-5 feet tall, although the females are taller than males. They excrete a slight attracting scent from their flower(s). They have short stubby limbs, with small hands and feet.
They get along well with most races, but do not like bug-races. They get along surprisingly well with Orcs.
Always Good, they love to help others.
They love forest lands, and flowery lands too. They hate industrial buildings and nature being destroyed.
They worship any good gods, for example the Great Mother
They speak Florian, a language of clicking and whistling, along with common, which they have picked up from living among humans.
They are named after the flower they sprout from their head.
- +6 Charisma, -4 Strength: They have a good scent, and are considered "cute" by many. They cannot throw a punch though.
- Humanoid (Plant): A humanoid with plant substances.
- Medium: No bonuses.
- Florian base land speed is 30 feet.
- Poisoned Blood: Any creature that attempts to devour the Florian or drink their blood becomes poisoned with no save, and they instantly loose 50% of their HP and lose 5% every round.
- Poisonous Kiss: Any creature that kisses a Florian becomes infatuated (Charisma saving throw vs. DC 10 + 1/2 Florian level + Charisma modifier), loses 20 HP, and loses an extra 10% every round.
- Beautiful Scent: A beautiful scent comes from their flower. Any one who smells it becomes infatuated (Charisma saving throw vs. DC 12)
- Deadly Gas: A Florian can produce a deadly gas from their flower 1/day instead of a beautiful scent. Anyone who smells it must make a Fortitude saving throw vs. DC 20 or they take 50% 0f their max HP.
- Plant-Skin: In rain, Florians heal 10 HP/round, and are also immune to water attacks. It heals the damage dealt instead of dealing it. They take double damage from fire.
- Healthy Heart: A Florian gets +5 on Medicine checks.
- Plant-Life: A Florian gets +5 on Survival checks.
- Cherry Petal Dance (Ps): A Florian summons petals around them and levitate them. They can summon 1/2 their Florian level petals. They then shoot them at the enemy. Each one deals 1d10 damage.
- Vine Grasp (Ex): A Florian extends vines from their back and use them to grab people. They must roll a Reflex saving throw vs DC 10 + Dexterity Bonus.
- Automatic Languages: Florian and Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Druid, Ranger.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||45 years||60 years||+80 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 0"||+3||60 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||4' 9"||+3||75 lb.||× (1) lb.|