Equan (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
Equans are bipedal monstrous humanoids with the head, legs, feet, skin, fur, and tail of a horse.
|Size/Type:||Large Monstrous Humanoid|
|Hit Dice:||6d8+24 (51 hp)|
|Speed:||30 ft. (6 squares)|
|Armor Class:||15 (-1 size, +1 dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14|
|Attack:||Longsword +9 (2d6+4) or Hoof +9 (1d8+4)|
|Full Attack:||Longsword +9 (2d6+4), Hoof +4 (1d8+2)|
|Space/Reach:||10 ft./10 ft.|
|Special Qualities:||Darkvision 60 ft., scent, danger sense|
|Saves:||Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +6|
|Abilities:||Str 18, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 8|
|Skills:||Intimidate +6, Listen +7, Search +7, Spot +7, Jump +6, Survival +4|
|Feats:||Endurance, Great Fortitude, Run|
|Alignment:||Usually Lawful Good|
|Advancement:||6-12 HD (Huge)|
Equans are herbivores, stand over 8 feet tall, and generally weigh between 700 and 1500 pounds usually. They speak common as well as their own native language: equanese.
Equans typically prefer melee combat but it is not unheard of for them to occasionally make use of a bow and arrow from time to time.
Trample (Ex): An equan may charge towards an enemy and make a slam attack. All normal effects of charging apply. If the slam hits the target (2d8+4 bludgeoning) then the equan may attempt to trip the opponent (adding their strength modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the equan. Upon being knocked down the target receives another 2d8+4 crushing damage from being stepped on by the attacking equan.
Danger Sense (Ex): An equan has an intuitive sense of whenever they are in any sort of jeopardy moments before it can come to fruition. This allows them a +4 to saves against traps, +4 to Armor Class against traps, and for them to never be caught flat-footed. It also grants them a 50% chance of negating attack bonuses (and sneak attacks if applicable) against themselves due to flanking.
Culture and Lifestyle
Preferring to settle in temperate plains, equans usually found towns and settlements with sod-roofed houses and walls made of various stones uncovered in the fields. As they are mostly herbivores, though they can digest meat if absolutely necessary, most of their food is cultivated. During the winter they grow their coats out to be long and shaggy and they typically cut it short during the spring and summer.
Equans are careful about letting outsiders into their towns and villages but can be very loyal and trusting once befriended. That said, they can be extremely strong-willed and brave in the face of danger. Some equans are known to leave their villages and towns to join more diverse societies seeking adventure, fame, and or fortune. Their massive stature, and horse-like features have caused for a great many of them to be hired for jobs requiring a great deal of physical strength or endurance.
Equans as Characters
Equan characters possess the following racial traits.
- +8 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +8 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma.
- Large size. –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
- An equan's base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision.
- Racial Hit Dice: An equan begins with six levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: An equan’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 9 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Search, and Spot. Equans have a +4 racial bonus on Search, Spot, and Listen checks.
- Racial Feats: An equan’s monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- Weapon Proficiency: An equan is proficient with the Greatsword, Longsword, Longbow, and all simple weapons.
- +5 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Hoof (1d8).
- Special Attacks (see above): Trample.
- Special Qualities (see above): Danger sense, scent.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Equan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Sylvan, Gnome.
- Favored Class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment 2