Draconic Champion (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
A draconic champion harnesses the power of a dragon through their own body. Lesser warriors tremble when faced with the might of a draconic champion, and many legends tell of draconic champions decimating their enemies from the backs of dragons.
Many draconic champions begin to show the defining characteristics of dragons over time, such as arrogance and greed. Many draconic champions see themselves as above other creatures—after all, they were chosen to wield tremendous power by great dragons, why shouldn't they be proud?
To qualify for multiclassing into the draconic champion class, you must meet these prerequisites:
- Strength 13. You must be strong to wield the power of dragons.
- Charisma 13. You must have a strong personality to use draconic magic.
- Proficiency in the Athletics skill. Draconic champions need to be at the peak of physical condition.
- Know the Draconic language. Many of the secrets of the draconic champion are indecipherable without knowledge of the language of dragons.
- Character level 5th. The draconic champion requires knowledge of battle, and you must be a 5th-level character before you can take levels in the draconic champion prestige class.
- Complete a special task. You must perform a task for a powerful dragon who then accepts to teach you the essentials of the power of the draconic champion. You might have to perform additional tasks before the dragon will teach you more.
As a draconic champion you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d10 per draconic champion level
Hit Points per Level: 1d10 (or 6) + Constitution modifier per draconic champion level
|1st||Bare the Dragon's Fangs, Draconic Affinity|
|2nd||Wear the Dragon's Scales|
|4th||Channel the Dragon's Pride, Unleash the Dragon's Roar|
|5th||Create the Dragon's Wings|
Bare the Dragon's Fangs
Starting at 1st level, you can conjure an image of a dragon's head on your own, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with it, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d8 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
Starting at 1st level, whenever you make a Charisma check when interacting with dragons, your proficiency bonus is doubled if it applies to the check.
Wear the Dragon's Scales
Starting at 2nd level, you can conjure scales over your skin as a bonus action. The scales last for 1 minute, or until you use another bonus action to dispel them. While you have these scales conjured, your AC cannot be lower than 16.
Starting at 3rd level, you gain resistance to your choice of acid, cold, fire, lightning, or poison damage. Whenever you finish a long rest, you can change the damage resistance this feature grants you.
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
Channel the Dragon's Pride
Unleash the Dragon's Roar
Starting at 4th level, you can use your action to unleash a fearsome roar. Creatures within 30 feet of you that can see or hear you must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw with a DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier. A creature that fails its saving throw is frightened for 1 minute. An affected creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
Once you use this feature, you must finish a long rest before you can use it again.
Create the Dragon's Wings
Starting at 5th level, you can create illusionary dragon wings once on your turn to gain a flying speed equal to your walking speed. If you end your turn in midair, you fall unless you have some other means of keeping yourself aloft, taking falling damage as normal.