Doom Slayer (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Doom Slayer
- 1.1 Lets Rip and Tear
- 1.2 Creating a Doom Slayer
- 1.3 Class Features
- 1.3.1 Table: The Doom Slayer
- 1.3.2 Praetor Sacrament
- 1.3.3 Fighting Style
- 1.3.4 Path of Torment
- 1.3.5 Demonic Runes
- 1.3.6 Ravenous Hatred
- 1.3.7 Dark Vengeance
- 1.3.8 Ability Score Increase
- 1.3.9 Extra Attack
- 1.3.10 Hell Walker
- 1.3.11 Frightening
- 1.3.12 Weapon of doom
- 1.3.13 The Barbarous Dance
- 1.3.14 Unshakable, Incorruptible
- 1.3.15 Rip and Tear
- 1.4 Optional Rule: Firearm Proficiency
- 1.5 Multiclassing
Fight the armies of Hell with Barbarous Cruelty.
Lets Rip and Tear
In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. Burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred he found no peace; and with boiling blood he scoured the Umbral Plains seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him.
Creating a Doom Slayer
|An example Doom slayer, made by id Software and Bethesda Softworks.|
Do you want to murder some demons, or is it more of a case of "No John, you are the demons"? Either way lets dive into how you can get started running and gunning through hordes of the damned.
- Quick Build
You can make a Doom Slayer quickly by following these suggestions. First, Strength should be your highest ability score, followed by Constitution. Second, choose the Mercenary Veteran background. Third, choose a variety of weapons.
As a Doom Slayer you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Armor: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields
Weapons: Simple, Martial, Improvised
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Skills: choose 2 from Intimidation, Athletics, Acrobatics, Survival, Perception, Insight
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) a BattleAxe or (b) a Glaive
- (a) Scale mail and a shortbow with 20 arrows or (b) Chain mail
- (a) 3 hand axes or (b) a hand crossbow and 10 bolts
- (a) a dungeoneer's pack or (b) an explorer's pack
- If you are using starting wealth, you have 5d4 x 10 in funds.
|Features||Path of Torment|
|2nd||+2||Fighting Style, Path of Torment||10 ft.|
|3rd||+2||Demonic Runes, Dark Vengeance , Ravenous Hatred||10 ft.|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement||10 ft.|
|5th||+3||Extra Attack (1)||10 ft.|
|6th||+3||Demonic Runes, Ability Score Improvement , Hell Walker||15 ft.|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement||20 ft.|
|9th||+4||Demonic Runes, The Barbarous Dance, Weapon of Doom||20 ft.|
|11th||+4||Extra Attack (2)||20 ft.|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement, Demonic Runes||20 ft.|
|13th||+5||Unshakable Incorruptible||20 ft.|
|14th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||25 ft.|
|15th||+5||Demonic Runes||25 ft.|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||25 ft.|
|18th||+6||Demonic Runes||30 ft.|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement||30 ft.|
|20th||+6||Rip and Tear||30 ft.|
The armor of the doom slayer is tempered by the fires of Damnation. Starting at 1st level you get Praetor Armor giving it the following features while worn by the doom slayer:
- While wearing the Praetor Armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.
- While worn all Charisma (Persuasion) rolls are made at disadvantage, but all Charisma (Intimidation) rolls are at advantage.
- While worn all carried weapons have no weight using a backpack with experimental warp technology. You are able to hold all your weapons simultaneously and weapons can't removed from your possession involuntarily. Any ranged weapon that uses Ammunition never need to be reloaded (with exception of super shotgun and pump shotgun still need to be pump between shots).
- It has no weight while being worn or carried by a doom slayer and may not be removed involuntarily. It is considered medium armor
At 2nd level, you adopt a particular style of fighting as your specialty. Choose one of the following options. You can't take the same Fighting Style option more than once, even if you get to choose again.
- When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.
- Great Weapon Fighting
- When you roll a 1 or 2 on a damage die for an attack you make with a melee weapon that you are wielding with two hands, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll, even if the new roll is a 1 or a 2. The weapon must have the two-handed or versatile property for you to gain this benefit.
- You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.
- Superior Technique
- You learn one maneuver of your choice from among those available to the Battle Master archetype of the fighter class. If a maneuver you use requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice).
- You gain one superiority die, which is a d6 (this die is added to any superiority dice you have from another source). This die is used to fuel your maneuvers. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.
- Two-Weapon Fighting
- When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack.
- Unarmed Fighting
- Your unarmed strikes can deal bludgeoning damage equal to 1d6 + your Strength modifier on a hit. If you aren't wielding any weapons or a shield when you make the attack roll, the d6 becomes a d8.
- At the start of each of your turns, you can deal 1d4 bludgeoning damage to one creature grappled by you.
Path of Torment
The power that flows through you gives you increased speed. Starting at 2nd level, your speed increases by 10 feet while you aren't wearing heavy armor. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit. This bonus increases when you reach certain doom slayer levels, as shown in the Doom Slayer table.
At 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th level you gain this feature. Each time you gain this feature you may choose one of the following options. You may choose each one only once. You can only have 3 features active at a time but you can switch out the ones you chosen on short rest.
- Quenched with Blood
- You no longer require sleep food or water as long as you have killed something with CR 1 or higher within the past 24 hours.
- When you take this your unarmed strike scales as that same as Monk's martial arts die, on a bonus action You enter a berserk rage and pummel your foes into submission, You add 1d4 to your unarmed strikes, during berserk you can take a minus to your to attack rolls for higher damage die (-5 to hit +10 to damage). You have advantage on Strength(athletics) checks for 3 rounds. You may use this feature a number of times equal to your strength modifier. You regain these uses after a long rest.
- Bullet Hell
- Opportunity attacks made against you have disadvantage.
- Projectile Accuracy
- You now add wisdom modifier (Min 1, Max 5) to all ranged attack rolls.
- Mutilating Strike
- Every time you successfully execute something with Ravenous Hatred you gain half your Doom Slayer level rounded down plus Constitution modifier as temporary hit points, which stacks with this feature. The max temporary hit points you may gain is half your maximum hit points rounded down. At level 20 this limit is equal to your maximum hit points.
- Staggering Blow
- You may forfeit the damage of one successful attack per turn to push the target up to 10 feet.
- Infernal Munitions
- As long as you have 40 temporary hit points You no longer require ammunition for ranged weapons and are considered to have an infinite amount of thrown weapon ammunition as long as you have at least one of the thrown weapon. (You must take Mutilating strike before you can take this)
- Alacrity of the Damned
- Gain proficiency in dexterity saving throws. When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if successful, and only half damage if you fail.
- When you take this feature, As a bonus action, you can activate this ability. When you do, until you next turn, you gain a damage bonus to all of your attacks equal to your Doom Slayer level, but also take additional damage equal to your Doom Slayer level when you are hit.
- Relentless Fervor
- When you may be reduced to 0 hit points you instead may drop to half your Doom Slayer level + Constitution modifier. You can't use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
- Terrifying Brutality
- Upon killing an enemy, each surrounding enemy within 15 feet of you gains disadvantage on all saving throws until the start of your next turn.
Starting at level 3, you gain the ability to execute your enemies. When an enemy can see within 5 feet or when he drops an enemy with 10 hp or less, he can make them roll a dexterity save of 8 + proficiency + their strength modifier. On a failed save, the target runs and drops to 0HP. The life threshold for execution is 10 HP lvl3 and increase in the following levels of the doom slayer 20 HP level 7, 30 HP level 11, 40 HP level 18.
A burning hatred festers for those who tarnished you. At 3rd level you gain advantage on wisdom (survival) checks to track fiends and aberrations. You gain advantage to intelligence checks to recall information about them and you may add half your Doom Slayer level as magic damage when dealing damage to them.
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
When you reach 5th level you may attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn. The number of attacks increases to three when you reach 11th level.
At 6th level you gain resistance to fire damage and slashing damage and may ignore difficult terrain if they moved more than 5ft last turn and all damage dealt by you is treated as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.
The doom slayer incites fear in those who walk the dark path. At 7th level all Charisma(intimidation) rolls against fiends and aberrations enemies may be made at advantage. Even creatures that are otherwise immune to intimidation. Once per round you may use a bonus action to incite fear in a single chosen enemy. The target makes a Wisdom save against intimidation roll + half your Doom Slayer level rounded up or becomes frightened for 1 round.
Weapon of doom
At 9th level during a long rest you are able to connect with a weapon of your choice ( only one weapon at a time and may be magical already ) this weapon is then filled with hatred, when this weapon is wielded all enemies within 60 feet must succeed of a Charisma saving throw equal to your spell save dc ( uses charisma for spell save dc ) or be frightened of you for the next 1 hour. This weapon deal an additional 1d4 psychic damage + 1d4 poison, these damages are considered magical for the purpose of bypassing resistances and immunities. This weapon will return to you when you say "Back" and can only be broken by you at level 12 the damage becomes 1d6+1d6
The Barbarous Dance
At 9th level as long as you have moved more than 5ft last round they do not provoke opportunity attacks.
At 13th level you gain advantage on spell saving throws as well as mind effecting abilities from fiends and Aberrations, He gains wisdom proficiency and immunity to spell effects(but not damage) and abilities from fiends and Aberrations.
Rip and Tear
Optional Rule: Firearm Proficiency
The secrets of creating and operating gunpowder weapons have been discovered in various corners of the D&D multiverse. If your Dungeon Master uses the rules on firearms in chapter 9 of the Dungeon Master's Guide and your doom slayer has been exposed to the operation of such weapons, your doom slayer is proficient with them. Your Dungeon Master may revise starting packages as they see fit.
Proficiencies. When you multiclass into the Doom Slayer class, you gain the following proficiencies: Medium Armor, Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons, Improvised Weapons.