Devourer (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
A Devourer is any warrior who knows that limitations of the body can be pushed further by consuming those who were your equals or better.
Making a Devourer
The Devourer only works with those for the sole purpose of acquiring new strength, once they have sufficient strength they will try to consume those they deem useless.
Abilities: Constitution and Strength are the most important skills for their survival?.
Races: Any race that has the swallow whole ability are perfect for this class, however any class that is feral will work.
Alignment: Any Chaotic.
Starting Gold: Same as Barbarian.
Starting Age: Same as Barbarian
|1st||+1||+3||+1||+2||Improved Swallow Whole, Improved Grapple, Absorption|
|2nd||+2||+3||+1||+2||Poison Use, Favored Enemy|
|3rd||+3||+4||+2||+3||Poison Quills, Break Legs|
|4th||+4||+4||+2||+3||Insightful Strike +1d6|
|8th||+8/+3||+6||+4||+5||Insightful Strike +2d6|
|9th||+9/+4||+7||+5||+6||Spit Up, Break Arms|
|12th||+12/+7/+2||+8||+6||+7||Insightful Strike +3d6|
|16th||+16/+11/+6/+1||+10||+8||+9||Insightful Strike +4d6|
|20th||+20/+15/+10/+5||+12||+10||+11||Insightful Strike +5d6|
Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Proficient with all bludgeoning weapons and their natural weapons. They are proficient with light and medium armor.
Improved Swallow Whole (Ex): A Devourer may swallow a creature up to its own size category unlike the normal swallow whole ability, it can contain within itself 1 creature of its own size and double that many for each size smaller a creature is. A swallowed creature is considered to be grappled, while the devourer is not. A swallowed creature can try to cut its way free with any light slashing or piercing weapon, a creature attempting to do this must deal half of the devourers health to escape, or it can just try to escape the grapple. The Armor Class of the interior of a Devourer is 10 + 3/4 of its natural armor, with no modifiers for size or Dexterity. If the swallowed creature escapes the grapple, success puts it back in the devourers mouth, where it may be swallowed again. While in a devourers stomach the swallowed creature takes 3d6 bludgeoning damage and 2d6 acid damage per round.
Improved Grapple: Gain the Improved Grapple feat, even if you don't meet the requirements.
Absorption:After the devourer swallows a target it begins to absorbing them to gain new abilities as followed for each type:
- Aberration:You gain 1d4 tentacles that each deal 1d8 damage for medium( increases dice size per size increase). ?
- Animal: You may now make a full attack action when you charge. In addition, as a swift action, you can jump up to half your base movement speed.
- Constructs: You gain Damage Reduction X/-, where X is equal to 2 plus the number of HD the construct had.
- Dragon: You get huge, draconic wings that allow you to fly at a speed equal to your base speed with clumsy mobility, each additional absorption increases the mobility by 1 and +10 speed.
- Elemental: Your attacks become temporarily empowered by an elemental force corresponding to that which you consumed (fire damage for Fire subtype, acid damage for Earth subtype, electric damage for Air subtype, and cold damage for Water subtype). Regardless of what damage type is granted, all attacks deal a bonus 1d6 points of damage of that type.
- Fey: You create a partially real clone of yourself, which can make attacks as you can. When it does attack successfully, however, it only deals the minimum amount of damage (all damage rolls are treated as results of 1). When this clone is attacked, it disappears for one round and reappears two rounds from when it was destroyed (at the beginning of your turn).
- Giant: Gain one size category and all benefits and penalties thereof.
- Humanoids: Gain a shapechange ability to change into any humanoid.
- Magical Beast: Gain two extra arms, each with claws.
- Ooze: As a standard action, you may partially regurgitate the devoured ooze, dealing 1d6 points of acid damage per level on a successful ranged touch attack to a single target within Close Range (25 feet + 5 feet/2 levels).
- Outsider: Gain the Dimension Door ability/day.
- Plant: Successful melee attacks bestow plant spores on the target. A target infested with spores can have their exact location pinpointed by a creature with scent, provided they are within the normal range of the scent. The spores also steal life force and restore the life force of the devourer, Spores steal 1d6 hit points for as long as the spores are attached.
- Undead: You become partially made of shadows, gaining the benefits of concealment for the duration of the buff.
- Vermin: You become surrounded by a swarm of nasty critters, which cover a space equivalent to your melee reach. This swarm follows you and deals 1d4 points of damage per favored enemy you have to any creature inside (except you) at the beginning of each of your turns.
These Bonuses only last for 5 minutes per creature consumed. Except Outsider, it lasts until the Dimension Door is used.
Poison use: As a standard action you may apply poison to any of your weapons to have them cause paralysis on hit, Fort save DC 10 + devourer level.
Favored Enemy: Gain Favor enemy like a ranger.
Poison Quills: You have grown quills on your body, as a swift action you may fire 1d4 quills at a 30ft range attack to deal 1d6 damage and cause paralysis on hit, Fort save DC 10 + devourer level.
Break legs: As a standard action you can make a weapon dealing bludgeoning damage to deal its damage in a way that breaks the victims legs and dazing them, while broken the target has only 1/3 base land speed and can only crawl and lose all dex bonus to ac.
Insightful Strike: Acts like sneak attack.
Iron Stomach: Double the internal natural armor of your stomach.
Consume Essence: This allows you to absorb Celestials and Fiends now, you gain the following abilities:
- Celestial: Gain Smite Evil (Su): Once per day a celestial creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against an evil foe.
- Fiend:Gain Smite Good (Su): Once per day the creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD total (maximum of +20) against a good foe.
Strong Arm: Can make a grapple attack with only one arm, can make a grapple attack as one part of full round action.
Spit Up: While you have nothing in your stomach you may spit your stomach acid at your opponents, as a free action you may use an acid breath weapon that is 15ft cone dealing 1d6/level and causing paralysis, Fort save DC 10 + devourer level negates paralysis, Reflex save DC 10 + devourer level for half damage.
Break Arms:As a standard action you can make a weapon dealing bludgeoning damage to deal its damage in a way that breaks the victims arms and dazing them, while broken the target can only take actions that do not require their arms.
Entangled Tongue: You can use your tongue to make a 15ft ranged grapple attack.
Favored Prey: Like favored enemy, but doubles the bonus to roll and damage if you have already consumed that type.
Favorite Snack: Takes the half the time to digest those types of favorite prey.
Thick Skin:You gain DR equal to your devourer level/- for all external and internal damage.
Paralyzing Blow: As a standard action you can make a weapon dealing bludgeoning damage to deal its damage in a way that breaks the targets spine and dazing them, while broken the target can not take any action requiring their body, effectively stunned.
Paralyzing Touch: All your melee attacks are touch attacks.