Deck of Many Things, Variant (5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
Wondrous Item, legendary
A deck intended to be determined by a d20 roll. Declare how many cards you intend to draw and roll that many times, using them in that order.
1. Vizier - At any time you choose within one year of drawing this card, you can ask a question in meditation and mentally receive a truthful answer to that question. Besides information, the answer helps you solve a puzzling problem or other dilemma. In other words, the knowledge comes with wisdom on how to apply it.
2. Throne - You gain proficiency in the Persuasion skill, and you double your proficiency bonus on checks made with that skill. In addition, you gain rightful ownership of a small keep somewhere in the world. However, the keep is currently in the hands of monsters, which you must clear out before you can claim the keep as yours.
3. The Fates - Reality's fabric unravels and spins anew, allowing you to avoid or erase one event as if it never happened. You can use the card's magic as soon as you draw the card or at any other time before you die.
4. The Void - This black card spells disaster. Your soul is drawn from your body and contained in an object in a place of the DM's choice. One or more powerful beings guard the place. While your soul is trapped in this way, your body becomes a ragin husk, attacking everything in sight. A wish spell can't restore your soul, but the spell reveals the location of the object that holds it. You draw no more cards.
5. Talons - Every magic item you wear or carry disappears and is materialized randomly in front of people who need them anywhere on the same plane of existence in which you drew this card. Artifacts in your possession are destroyed.
6. Comet - If you single-handedly destroy the next monster you encounter, with no help whatsoever, gain a level in a class of your choice.
7. Star - Increase one of your ability scores by 2, and reduce one by 4.
8. Skull - You summon an avatar of death a ghostly humanoid skeleton clad in a tattered black robe and carrying a spectral scythe. It appears somewhere on your path shortly after you draw this card and attacks you, warning all others that you must win the battle alone. The avatar fights until you die or it drops to 0 hit points, whereupon it disappears. If anyone tries to help you, the helper summons its own avatar of death. A creature slain by an avatar of death can't be restored to life.
9. Balance - Your mind suffers a wrenching alteration, causing your alignment to change. Lawful becomes chaotic, good becomes evil, and vice versa. If you are true neutral or unaligned, you become chaotic evil.
10. Rogue - A nonplayer character of the DM's choice secretly becomes hostile toward you. The identity of your new enemy isn't known until the NPC or someone else reveals it. They will make an attempt on your life at the best opportunity they get. Nothing less than a wish spell or divine intervention can end the NPC's hostility toward you.
11. Moon - You are granted the ability to cast the wish spell 1d3 times.
12. Knight - You gain the service of a noble knight who is a 5th-level fighter, he/she appears in a space you choose within 30 feet of you. The fighter is of the same race as you and serves you loyally until death, believing the fates have drawn him or her to you. You control this character.
13. Key - A rare or rarer magic weapon with which you are proficient appears in your hands. The DM chooses the weapon.
14. Jester - Gain one level in a class of your choice, or you can draw two additional cards beyond your declared draws.
15. Idiot - Permanently reduce your Intelligence by 1d4 + 1 (to a minimum score of 1). If you roll a 3+ you draw another card absentmindedly.
16. Gem - 2d20 pieces of jewelry worth 2,000 gp each appear at your feet.
17. Fool - Lose a level in the class you have the most Hit Dice in, discard this card, and draw from the deck again, counting both draws as one of your declared draws.
18. Flames - A powerful devil becomes your enemy. The devil seeks your ruin and plagues your life, savoring your suffering before attempting to slay you. This enmity lasts until either you or the devil dies.
19. Euryale - The card's medusa-like visage curses you. You take a -2 penalty on saving throws while cursed in this way. Only a god or the magic of The Fates card can end this curse.
20. Donjon - You disappear and become entombed in a state of suspended animation in an extradimensional sphere. Everything you were wearing and carrying stays behind in the space you occupied when you disappeared. You remain imprisoned until you are found and removed from the sphere. You can't be located by any divination magic, but a wish spell can reveal the location of your prison. You draw no more cards.