Curse of Transience (3.5e Invocation)

From D&D Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Curse of Transience
Lesser; 5th; Other

Author: the bluez

This invocation disrupts the connection between the body and the soul of an enemy, making its existence flickers.

You replicate the spell blink, but the effects are somewhat reversed: you must target an opponent no more than 60 feet (18 meters) from you. The opponent must make a Fortitude throw or be subjected to the following effects, for three rounds: it has a 20% chance of failling an attack, regardless of its attack roll, and a 20% chance of losing an object it holds, if it does not attack in that round. Anyone attacking it has also a 20% chance of not hitting.

It can step through (but not see through) solid objects. For each 5 feet (1,5 meters) of solid material it walks through, there is a 50% chance that it becomes material. If this occurs, it is shunted off to the nearest open space and takes 1d6 points of damage per 5 feet so traveled. It can move at only three-quarters speed (because movement on the Ethereal Plane is at half speed, and it spends about half its time there and half its time material). Any other benefits from the blink spell does not apply.

By class level 10 the effects become more severe: the blinking timing is more accurate and the target suffer a 40% chance of missing an attack and a 30% chance of losing an held object. Anyone attacking it has now a 10% chance of missing. The chance of returning material while inside something are now 60%. This effect, now, lasts up to 10 rounds.

In any case, someone who suffered the effects may not be affected again by this invocation until the following day.

Back to Main Page3.5e HomebrewComplex Special Ability ComponentsInvocationsWarlock

Home of user-generated,
homebrew pages!