Crazed Uncle (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Crazed Uncle
- 1.1 Welcome to the Family
- 1.2 Creating a Crazed Uncle
- 1.3 Class Features
- 1.3.1 Table: The Crazed Uncle
- 1.3.2 Diving Suit
- 1.3.3 Fore-Arm Mounted Saw
- 1.3.4 Spliced Speed
- 1.3.5 Magic Sense
- 1.3.6 EVE Pool
- 1.3.7 Gene Tonics and Plasmids
- 1.3.8 Ability Score Increase
- 1.3.9 Asbestos Lining
- 1.3.10 Arcane Knowledge
- 1.3.11 EVE Saver
- 1.3.12 Lead-lined Helm
- 1.3.13 EVE Laced Suit
- 1.3.14 Dimensional Anchor
- 1.3.15 Mana Drain
- 1.4 Multiclassing
A Bioshock-themed member of Ryan's Family who's gone completely bonkers from all the ADAM. Copyright belongs to it's rightful owner, I'm not responsible for Bioshock, I don't claim coming up with Bioshock, I just wanted to add something of my own.
Welcome to the Family
Designed to combat the arcane, experiments were run to create an effective anti-mage fighter as part of Ryan's Family Line (others include the Big Daddy, Big Sister and Little Sister). Very few survived the gruesome experimentation, but those who did were extremely capable combatants capable of taking on spellcasters. However, it came at a cost. Crazed Uncles are mentally unstable (hence the name) and resemble serial killers in their thinking and are difficult to control. Some do actually hunt mages as they were designed to, but most others don't stick to the program. Females are called Crazed Aunties. Feel free to be insane or have any other mental conditions that are referred to as "crazy".
Creating a Crazed Uncle
What kind of crazy are you? How'd you get to the surface world? Are you an escapee or did they release you as part of another test? Do you stick to your programming and track down casters or do you hunt other prey?
- Quick Build
You can make a Crazed Uncle quickly by following these suggestions. First, Dexterity should be your highest ability score, followed by Constitution. Second, choose the Test Subject or Experiment background. Third, choose finesse based stabby weapons
As a Crazed Uncle you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Weapons: Simple, Martial
Saving Throws: Dexterity, Constitution
Skills: Acrobatics and pick two from the following: Stealth, Perception, Insight, Investigation, Survival or Arcana
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- Diving Suit (see class feature)
- (a) Explorer's Pack or (b) Dungeoneering Pack
- If you are using starting wealth, you have 1d6x4 gp in funds.
|1st||+2||Diving Suit, Fore-Arm Mounted Saw||0ft|
|2nd||+2||Spliced Speed, Magic Sense||10ft|
|3rd||+2||Gene Tonics & Plasmids, EVE Pool||10ft|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement||10ft|
|7th||+3||Gene Tonics & Plasmids, Arcane Knowledge||15ft|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement||15ft|
|10th||+4||Gene Tonics & Plasmids||20ft|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement||20ft|
|15th||+5||Gene Tonics & Plasmids||25ft|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||25ft|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement, Gene Tonics and Plasmids||30ft|
Beginning at 1st level, you get a kickass steampunk diving suit that's grafted to your flesh. You and the suit are one, and can't be separated without killing you. It does have its benefits though. Your suit provides an AC of 14 + Dex modifier and can be enchanted as if it were a suit of light armor. It also can be air sealed and has two tanks on the back: One for air (about 2 hours worth) and the other for EVE. Finally, your suit allows you to withstand the extreme cold and pressures of the dark deep, letting you walk underwater as deep as you like. Which is good, as it's too heavy to let you swim and makes you sink in water. You cannot equip armor because of this suit. Though the suit itself weighs an extra 100lbs or so, it doesn't weigh you down as it's effectively a second skin.
Fore-Arm Mounted Saw
Everyone else has their forearm tool, like the Big Daddy drill or the Big Sister needle. You've got one of your own too. Instead of a hand, at level 1 you have a large circular buzz saw (or good 'ole chainsaw if you think that looks cooler) on one of your arms. Unfortunately, it replaces one of your hands... Not only is it a handy tool, but it works quite effectively as an impromptu weapon. The saw is considered a Finesse weapon. It deals 1d8 + Dex modifier damage and unless the target succeeds on a Con Save (DC 8 + 1/2 level + proficiency bonus) they take 1d6 bleeding damage for 1d4 rounds. The damage increases to 2d8 at 10th level, and 3d8 at 15th. Along with dealing damage, it is still a functional tool. This saw can cut through wood, cloth, and anything else a standard saw would be able to ordinarily saw through. What you can cut through is up to the DM's discretion.
At 2nd level, the ADAM coursing through your veins provides you with inhuman speed, allowing you to better hunt your prey. Your speed increases by 10ft at second level, then progresses as the table shows.
Also at 2nd level, your senses have been fined tuned, allowing you to have a constant effect of Detect Magic around you. You can only sense arcane magic however. As it's a type of genetic trait, it is not suppressed by anti-magic fields or anything of the like.
At 3rd level, you figure out how to actually use the tank of EVE on your back. You gain a number of EVE points in your pool equal to your crazed uncle level + Constitution modifier. They replenish at the end of a long rest.
Gene Tonics and Plasmids
At levels 3, 7, 10, 15 and 19 you gain the effect of a chosen Gene Tonic or Plasmid. Issue is, every one of them adds a bit more ADAM to your system, driving you a little crazier. Each tonic or plasmid can only be taken once. Note that as plasmids are NOT magic, they are unaffected by anti-magic fields or anything of the like. They just have the effect of spells. Plasmids are used as a standard action, the same as an attack. Plasmids take one hand to use. It takes a minor action to swap active plasmids. Tonics cost 0 EVE and are always active. (Please note that EVE costs and balance is still being tweaked)
- Sports Boost
- This tonic quickens your reflexes and reaction times, allowing you to only take half the damage on a failed Dex Save, and none on a successful one. Go get yourself a trophy champ!
- This tonic acts as a steroid, giving you a permanent +1 Strength and doubles your carrying capacity. Don't be weighed down by your riches!
- Photographer's Eye
- You can add your CON Mod to Perception checks. Snap a masterpiece!
- Armored Shell
- +2 AC while adding an additional 30lbs to your weight due to denser skin. Shrug off blows with this tonic!
- This tonic provides proficiency in Stealth. If you are already proficient, then double the proficiency bonus. Feel lighter with every step, and leave no trace!
- Frog Legs
- This tonic lets you leap up to 25ft into the air, height or lengthwise. Your now stronger legs also prevent the first 25ft worth of fall damage. Leap above the competition!
- Cutting Edge
- This tonic doubles the duration of bleed damage dealt by your saw. It also upgrades the saw to be able to cut through most metals with time, It takes about 5 rounds per inch of constant applied sawing. Get handy!
- Saw Expert
- This tonic allows you an additional +2 to strike with your saw. At 10th level, this increases to a +4. Show em what you know!
- Spliced Inferno
- This tonic adds 1d6 Fire + CON Mod damage to all saw attacks. The saw also now looks like it's made of magma and gives off light like a candle. You can only have one active elemental saw tonic active at a time. You can change elemental saw tonics during short rests. Give your foes a great toast!
- Electric Wiring
- This tonic adds 1d6 Electric + CON Mod damage to all saw attacks. It also adds some wires and blue nixie tubes to the fore-arm appearance-wise. You can only have one active elemental saw tonic active at a time. You can change elemental saw tonics during short rests. Give your enemies a (lethal) jolt of energy!
- Frozen Field
- This tonic adds 1d6 Frost + CON Mod damage to all saw attacks. It also gives the saw an appearance of being made of pale blue ice. You can only have one active elemental saw tonic active at a time. You can change elemental saw tonics during short rests. Help your targets cool their hot tempers!
- This tonic allows you to gain temp HP based on your saw damage. You gain half the damage dealt with a saw attack as temp HP. You can have up to your constitution score as temp HP. Let the blood of your victims fuel your carnage!
- EVE Link
- Whenever you are healed, you also gain EVE based on the amount healed. Every 2 points of healing gives you a point of EVE.
- Light up enemies to a thousand degrees! Warning, fire spreads. Plasmids brought to you by Ryan Industries. This plasmid deals 1d10 + CON modifier damage to a target within sight. Unless it's full cover, as long as you can see a part of the target you can hit them as it's not a line, more of a spontaneous combustion. This costs 1 EVE to use, and you can increase the damage by an additional 1d10 per 2 EVE points spent. This plasmid looks like your hand is on fire and your fingertips are crisping.
- Electro Bolt!
- Stun your enemies with a thousand volts! Shock in water for an extra charge! Plasmids brought to you by Ryan Industries. This plasmid stuns an enemy within 60ft. On a failed Constitution save (DC 8 + 1/2 level + proficiency bonus) they are reduced to a single action per turn for 1d4 rounds. They also take 1d8 + Con Modifier damage on a failed save, with a successful save negating half the damage. This uses 1 EVE to use, and you can increase the DC with any extra EVE spent by an amount equal to the extra EVE. This plasmid looks like the veins in your hand are glowing blue, with little sparks dancing across your skin.
- Winter Blast!
- Freeze foes quickly! Also great for keeping food fresh! Plasmids brought to you by Ryan Industries. This plasmid gives you access to the Ray of Frost cantrip using your crazed uncle level as your caster level and your Constitution as the spellcasting modifier and has the additional effect of reducing their movement to half of what it was for 1d4 rounds. This uses 3 EVE points. This plasmid makes your hand look like an ice sculpture, leaving little mist trails behind it.
- Throw objects at foes! You can even catch things midair! Plasmids brought to you by Ryan Industries. This gives you 10lbs of Telekinesis per EVE point spent, and lets you throw weapons up to 40ft. Thrown objects deal as much damage as that weapon would with a melee strike. It is possible to catch projectiles as well, making a Con check VS their attack roll. On a fail you automatically get hit. On a success, you now have whatever was launched at you to throw back! Arrows and other dedicated projectiles can be thrown at double the range. This plasmid makes it look like there's a bubble of force around your hand.
- Cyclone Trap!
- Set traps for unsuspecting enemies! Lure your foes into deadly ambushes! Plasmids brought to you by Ryan Industries. You can trap a 5ft area on the ground. Once someone who isn't you (allies included) steps on that square needs to make a Dex Save (DC 8 + 1/2 your level + proficiency bonus) or they're launched 30ft into the air. Upon landing they take 3d6 fall damage. If they hit a ceiling, they take 1d10 damage upon impact, then the additional fall damage when they hit the ground. Each trap costs 3 EVE to set. Rings of air and clouds surround your hand while this plasmid is active.
- Insect Swarm!
- Unleash insects against groups of enemies! Attack lots of enemies at the same time! Plasmids brought to you by Ryan Industries. This plasmid summons a small swarm of stinging insects to harry foes. The bugs seek out the nearest enemy and deal 1d6 piercing damage and have disadvantage on concentration checks. They last for 1d6 rounds. This costs 2 EVE to use. Little honeycombs appear on your hand when this plasmid is equipped, with a couple of little bees fly around your hand.
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
At 6th level, the fire-retardant powder now lining your suit gives you resistance to Fire damage.
At 7th level, you gain proficiency in Arcana. If you already are proficient, then you gain double the proficiency bonus. You can also tell the school of magic of any spell cast in an area up to two hours after it has been cast.
At 9th level, the EVE tank on your back has become more efficient, allowing you to use as many un-boosted plasmids a day as you want. You still need to use EVE to empower them however.
at 13th level, the lead plating inside your helmet that definitely safe to have right up against your head helps stops charms and the like. You now have advantage on saves against being charmed or enchanted. As well as providing extra protection against said effects, the lead also blocks your mind from telepathic effects. Any mind reading, mind communication or similar effects are nullified by the helm.
EVE Laced Suit
at 14th level, the EVE lacing in your suit know gives you resistance to all ARCANE magic damage. Handy for fighting wizards.
At level 18, due to a rather convenient add-on to your suit, you can no longer be forcibly removed from your current plane of existence. You must turn it off to travel realms however, and need to turn it back on when you return.
At level 20, your saw now also saps spell slots. Every time you strike an arcane spellcaster, roll a d10. On a 1-5, you get to remove a spell slot. Roll another d10 and drain a spell slot of the number rolled (for example, a 6 would remove a 6th level spell slot). On a 0, you get to choose the spell level drained.
There is no multiclassing into this class, unless you are captured by a group of scientists and put through the necessary experiments.