Wondrous Item, rarity varies
Calibri Cards are small playing cards with strange effects on them. Each card can only be used once. Use the table below to determine the card:
||Can't Touch This!
||Double or Trouble
- A creature wielding this card can use their reaction to cast the shield spell.
- A creature wielding this card can use their action to force the next attack a creature they can see to make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or use their next action to attack a creature of the wielder's choosing.
- Requires one bonus action.
- Targets any one creature.
- The target rolls 1d20 and adds their Intelligence modifier to the result.
- If they roll a negative number, treat it as if it were a positive number.
- If they roll a prime number (2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, or 29), the missile moves to the creature with the next highest initiative, who becomes the new target.
- If they do not roll a prime number, the missile detonates. Any creature (including the target and you) within 30 ft. of the target takes 8 (2d6+1) force damage and 8 (2d6+1) fire damage.
- If the missile does not detonate on the creature with the lowest initiative, it moves to the creature with the highest initiative and continues.
- The missile can target you.
- If the missile has targeted every creature in play, but has not detonated, it is declared a dud and does nothing. Play continues as normal.
- A creature wielding this card can use their bonus action to force a creature they can see to make a Wisdom saving throw or replace all items they are wielding with all other items the wielder is wielding.
- A creature wielding this card can use a bonus action to give themselves advantage on all skill checks they make until their next turn.
Can't Touch This!
- A creature wielding this card can use a bonus action to enter a defensive stance until their next turn. In this stance, whenever they would roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, saving throw, or skill check, they can reroll the dice.
Double or Trouble
- Whenever a creature wielding this would make an attack roll, ability check, saving throw, or skill check, they can reroll the die. If the result is higher, the roll is treated as a critical success. If lower, it is treated as a critical failure.
- May be used on any weapon or damaging spell.
- Roll 1d6.
- The damage type of the weapon or spell is permanently changed that shown on the chart below.
Font Fire Blast
- A creature wielding this card can use their action to cast the Scorching Ray spell (+7 to hit).
- A creature wielding this card can use their action to touch a creature and give them immunity to poison damage and the poisoned condition for 1d6 hours, as well as curing them of any non-magical diseases and conditions.
- A creature wielding this card can use their action to cast the Hex spell without requiring concentration. While under the spell's effects, the target takes 2d4 poison damage at the beginning of each of its turns. If a creature would die under this item's effects, the hex moves to a random creature the affected creature can see rather than the caster choosing a creature.
- A creature wielding this card can use their action to force a target they can see to succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or make another saving throw when they would next attack or take 6d4 force damage, or half as much on a successful save.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Equipment → Wondrous Items